Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Josh Rosen?
(09-05-2020, 10:21 AM)Big_Ern Wrote: It's remarkable how many people have fallen from Grace after being very publicly anti-Trump. No other explanation

So we just grab Rosen off of waivers and put a MAGA hat on him and we have our Joe Montana/Steve Young duo.  Call Mike Brown!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If we bring in a new back up QB I think it will be an older experienced vet instead of a guy like Rosen.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 02:43 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Finley aside, though... Rosen has to be making history right now. 10th overall pick just 2 years ago and two teams have already gotten rid of him for non-criminal/disciplinary reasons. That has to be a record.

This.

I don't know what his issues are, but I would not sign him.  
Reply/Quote
I expected doleaga to make team being that he was cut makes me think we are putting in waiver claim on rosen. High upside backup with no risk. I hope we do it.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 11:50 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This.

Would you sign him now based on the fact he makes less money than Finley?

it is somewhat surprising the team decided against developing Rosen -- with his cheap $750,000 salary -- as a backup.

We are carzy not to grab him seeing as we have 1st choice
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 12:51 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: I expected doleaga to make team being that he was cut makes me think we are putting in waiver claim on rosen.  High upside backup with no risk.  I hope we do it.

I doubt it. 

Dolegala/Allen are headed to the PS.
Reply/Quote
Rosen salary is $750 K

No brainer to me

More waiver wire possibilities? Well, if they think there's anyone with jaw-dropping talent no matter the position, they'll claim him. As one of their club execs said the other day, "We're in the talent business." And if there's someone that plays what they view at a premium position and they've got good grades on them from past NFL and college seasons, keep an eye on that.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 01:00 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Rosen salary is $750 K

No brainer to me

More waiver wire possibilities? Well, if they think there's anyone with jaw-dropping talent no matter the position, they'll claim him. As one of their club execs said the other day, "We're in the talent business." And if there's someone that plays what they view at a premium position and they've got good grades on them from past NFL and college seasons, keep an eye on that.

chances are likely but it all depends on who lands on the waiver.  

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I think 2 QBs on the 53 was always the most likely outcome, so I do not read much into Dolegala & Allen getting waived. I think both likely make the PS if they clear waivers.

I do not think Rosen is 53 man worthy. PS even if we sign him.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 11:50 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This.

If any percentage of his issue is locker room/attitude then we'd be the worst place for him to be.  The guy probably doesn't want to be claimed at the age of 23 by a team at that is supposedly set at QB for 15+ years.

He's going to feel completely stuck here and if he's a d-bag of a player then it's just going to be a headache.

Side note, since Rosen has come into play I've accidentally google Josh Rose and John Rosen and received the following:

[Image: 10508802424862.png][Image: John-Rosen.jpg?fit=500%2C586&ssl=1]
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 12:55 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I doubt it. 

Dolegala/Allen are headed to the PS.

If they pass waivers.  I think they both will but I dont think bengals would have waived doleaga and risk him being claimed during covid situation if they didnt see somebody on waivers they liked.  Being 1st on waivers they get first crack at anybody they want so they know they are getting whoever they claim.
Reply/Quote
The knock on Rosen coming out of UCLA was that he wasn't "all-in" when it comes to football. Does that sound like a guy ZT goes after?

Forget it folks. The Rosen love on this board is getting silly.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 01:30 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: If they pass waivers.  I think they both will but I dont think bengals would have waived doleaga and risk him being claimed during covid situation if they didnt see somebody on waivers they liked.  Being 1st on waivers they get first crack at anybody they want so they know they are getting whoever they claim.

But only if that player makes the 53. We are not going to carry 3 QBs on our 53. Maybe if it was an experienced vet who could actually play, but that ain't Rosen. 3rd string developmental QB should be on the PS.

Though we can "protect" 4 PS guys this year.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 01:37 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: But only if that player makes the 53. We are not going to carry 3 QBs on our 53. Maybe if it was an experienced vet who could actually play, but that ain't Rosen. 3rd string developmental QB should be on the PS.

Though we can "protect" 4 PS guys this year.

Our backup finley is a 3rd string developmental guy.  Rosen is better than him right now.  If they only want to keep 2 they could cut finley and throw him on practice squad.  This is a no brainer to bring in rosen being that he would be an upgrade to backup and is cheap for next 2 years.
Reply/Quote
Rosen is Jimmy Clausen 2.0. No thanks
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2020, 10:19 PM)pally Wrote: Dolphins are expected to waive 3yr QB Josh Rosen failing in the attempt to trade him.  Would he be an upgrade to our current back up QB situation?

Bring him in, liked him in college. Maybe he just hasn't had a good QB coach and been moved around too much.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 01:32 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: The knock on Rosen coming out of UCLA was that he wasn't "all-in" when it comes to football. Does that sound like a guy ZT goes after?

There is Rosen love on this board? Haven't seen that yet.

But yeah, if he isn't an all in player, pass.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 01:32 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: The knock on Rosen coming out of UCLA was that he wasn't "all-in" when it comes to football. Does that sound like a guy ZT goes after?

Rosen Love?

I think Finley can't carry the jock of Rosen and since Rosen makes ledd money, yes I would choose Rosen as a project over Finley, Allen and Jake D. since he only makes $750K, a bargain for any back up QB, especially if he is 3rd string while he earns the back up job and he would be out Finley in 2 months.

Reply/Quote
While I’m not certain Josh Rosen is the answer I do believe the Bengals can find an upgrade over Ryan Finley. If Cincinnati only keeps two quarterbacks the backup position needs upgraded.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 03:41 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Rosen Love?

I think Finley can't carry the jock of Rosen and since Rosen makes ledd money, yes I would choose Rosen as a project over Finley, Allen and Jake D. since he only makes $750K, a bargain for any back up QB, especially if he is 3rd string while he earns the back up job and he would be out Finley in 2 months.

Agreed, but if he isn't an "all in" player I doubt we reach out to him as Zac wants leaders and Captains on this team with high
character. As a player there is no question Rosen is better than Finley.
Reply/Quote