Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Josh Rosen?
(09-05-2020, 03:47 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: While I’m not certain Josh Rosen is the answer I do believe the Bengals can find an upgrade over Ryan Finley.  If Cincinnati only keeps two quarterbacks the backup position needs upgraded.

Is Matt Moore still available?
Reply/Quote
Zac said "that's not the direction they are going"

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 03:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Is Matt Moore still available?

Nope. Re-signed with KC.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Josh Rosen is buttcheeks. No way.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 05:12 PM)pally Wrote: Zac said "that's not the direction they are going"

Cool.

(09-05-2020, 05:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Nope. Re-signed with KC.

Good move by KC.

(09-05-2020, 05:21 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Josh Rosen is buttcheeks. No way.

buttcheeks lol
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 05:12 PM)pally Wrote: Zac said "that's not the direction they are going"

Looks like I was wrong, I guess ZT has other plans, If Burrow goes down and we need a good back up. he better have one or else in my opinion he will be fired if we have a bad year.

That why he gets paid the big bucks and I am just a fan
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Zac said were not claiming rosen so that ends that.
Reply/Quote
No
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 06:54 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Looks like I was wrong, I guess ZT has other plans, If Burrow goes down and we need a god back up. he better hve one or else in my opinion be fired if we have a bad year.

That why he gets paid the big bucks and I am just a fan

Looked like Finley had a bigger arm in TC from what I heard, lets hope so....
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 07:24 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: Zac said were not claiming rosen so that ends that.

I think he also said it'd take 50 games to see what they had in Finley too...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 10:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Looked like Finley had a bigger arm in TC from what I heard, lets hope so....

[Image: v319i1krk0dz.jpg]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 03:47 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: While I’m not certain Josh Rosen is the answer I do believe the Bengals can find an upgrade over Ryan Finley.  If Cincinnati only keeps two quarterbacks the backup position needs upgraded.

As bad as Finley was in his 3 games last season I just can't imagine he's the best we can do.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 01:32 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: The knock on Rosen coming out of UCLA was that he wasn't "all-in" when it comes to football. Does that sound like a guy ZT goes after?

Forget it folks. The Rosen love on this board is getting silly.

Exactly.  
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 10:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Looked like Finley had a bigger arm in TC from what I heard, lets hope so....

I hope he has improved arm strength and accuracy as both were weaknesses.

We still need a 3rd string QB, if not Rosen, what guy is left for $750K or less to groom? It must be Jake D., they are banking on him making it through waivers (no one signing to roster, we can pluck him from a practice squad) and then we sign him again to 53 after Waynes goes to IR
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2020, 09:44 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I hope he has improved arm strength and accuracy as both were weaknesses.

We still need a 3rd string QB, if not Rosen, what guy is left for $750K or less to groom? It must be Jake D., they are banking on him making it through waivers (no one signing to roster, we can pluck him from a practice squad) and then we sign him again to 53 after Waynes goes to IR

The 3rd string QB doesn't need to be on the 53 man roster. Like many teams around the league, that 3rd QB will be on the practice squad. With the new rules this year allowing you to promote players from the PS and expand your roster to 55 while also allowing you to return them to the PS without exposing them to waivers, it allows for new/different flexibility this year. Plus this year each team is allowed to deem 4 PS players untouchable from Wednesday to Sunday.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2020, 07:24 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: As bad as Finley was in his 3 games last season I just can't imagine he's the best we can do.

Cody Kessler is still out there (and somehow is still 2 years younger than Brandon Weeden was when he was drafted, lol).

I actually feel a bit bad for Kessler. I'm not saying he'd have become a great starter or anything, but I think he'd at least have a prolific backup/injured-starter-FA-replacement career if not for being drafted by the Browns and then booted one year later for DeShone Kizer of all people.

Cody Kessler: 64.2% Completion, 8 TD/5 INT, 6.3 YPA, 83.7 QB Rating

I'll gladly take that as a backup. Doubly so if it means anyone other than Finley.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Judging Finley on last year's performance is unfair. Like virtually any rookie QB debuting for a crappy team with a bad line, he looked awful.

With a better supporting cast and a better handle on being in an NFL game, he'll improve some.

Now, could we use an upgrade at backup QB? Sure. But that is something that needs to happen prior to camp, not a week prior to the season. The new guy then has to learn the system, etc.

Dolegala and Allen will be back on the PS if no one claims them. If not, then a new 3rd string QB will land there and can develop. I get the desire to improve the squad, but like it or not, Finley is the #2 for this year.
Reply/Quote
Finely has a incredibly weak arm. Inaccurate as heck too.
He cant throw in.tight.windows.
He's like Dalton he needs perfection around him in order to be successful.
He cant improvise if things break down. Aka cant extend
Plays
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 03:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Is Matt Moore still available?

Chiefs released him yesterday.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2020, 12:29 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Chiefs released him yesterday.

Hey.... Wink
Reply/Quote