Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Josh Shaw postgame with Lap
Did anyone else here this? This young man's football IQ is off the charts. I'd say he is going to follow in Jone's footsteps as far as using his smarts as well as his athletics to be in the right place at the right time.
Reply/Quote
Well, I mean, when the Jets need a FG to win, and have a distance to go to get into range with zero timeouts, it's pretty obvious they're going to be throwing out routes almost exclusively. But kudos to the young man for positioning himself in the exact place he had to be. I was very worried we were going to play our stupid prevent shell defense that gets gouged a lot in late game situations. Nice to see the young man end it on that play. I love Shaw, have since he was drafted. I hope we can keep him around for a while, he seems to just be getting better by the snap!
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 12:47 PM)jonesy84 Wrote: Well, I mean, when the Jets need a FG to win, and have a distance to go to get into range with zero timeouts, it's pretty obvious they're going to be throwing out routes almost exclusively.  But kudos to the young man for positioning himself in the exact place he had to be.  I was very worried we were going to play our stupid prevent shell defense that gets gouged a lot in late game situations.  Nice to see the young man end it on that play.  I love Shaw, have since he was drafted.  I hope we can keep him around for a while, he seems to just be getting better by the snap!

Come on man, give him his props for doing his homework. If I remember, the Jets ran an inside slant in the middle of the field the first play of the last drive and then threw again to the middle. They needed a first down so yes the clock was a factor, but if they get 20 yards over the middle, they still likely can get 2 or 3 more plays off with one being the spike.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 12:51 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Come on man, give him his props for doing his homework. If I remember, the Jets ran an inside slant in the middle of the field the first drive and then threw again to the middle. They needed a first down so yes the clock was a factor, but if they get 20 yards over the middle, they still likely can get 2 or 3 more plays off with one being the spike.

I did give him props, I just used the word 'kudos' instead...  Tongue   I love the kid!!!
Reply/Quote
Shaw should be a great CB for us and insurance for when Dre hopefully goes somewhere else.

He is not only smart, he is big and physical with great versatility.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 01:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Shaw should be a great CB for us and insurance for when Dre hopefully goes somewhere else.

I have yet to see any glaring mistakes from him, I wonder what stats of receivers are when against Josh Shaw.

He's impressed me for sure...
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 01:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Shaw should be a great CB for us and insurance for when Dre hopefully goes somewhere else.

Dre was shitty again yesterday.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 01:34 PM)Wyche Wrote: Dre was shitty again yesterday.

No kidding. I swear he could get called for PI on damn near every play. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote

At least somebody else besides me watched the game yesterday.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 01:31 PM)milksheikh Wrote: I have yet to see any glaring mistakes from him, I wonder what stats of receivers are when against Josh Shaw.

Last year he started in place of Adam and got beat by Antonio Brown for a TD but that is expected with a rookie
in his first start going against the best WR at the time in the NFL. Other than the TD he held his own pretty well.

I don't really blame him for the Decker TD though, that was good coverage, but yeah, same shit another year looks like. Yawn

(09-12-2016, 02:10 PM)Shady Wrote: No kidding. I swear he could get called for PI on damn near every play. 

Just doesn't know how to use his body properly...

Shaw does and so do Adam and Dennard and they aren't as long as Dre either.
Reply/Quote
I understand the Dre hate when it comes to early in his career, I don't understand it for yesterday though.

I think some people on here need to reevaluate what they think a "bad game" from a corner is.

Why did they throw to Enunwa all game? It's because Pacman AND Dre shut Marshall/Decker down. We are talking a total of 69 yards from two guys that both had 1000 yard season last year. IDK what you guys want from Dre, something better than 2013 Richard Sherman apparently.

I would even argue that Kirkpatrick played a major role in saving that game. He jammed Decker which resulted in a FG attempt (I believe it was the one that was blocked)... Not only was that a giant momentum swing, but every point was needed in that game.

IDK, I don't have any qualms with Dre's play yesterday, but it upsets me that we can completely shut down a high powered aerial attack and this guy gets absolutely 0 credit.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 03:11 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I understand the Dre hate when it comes to early in his career, I don't understand it for yesterday though.

I think some people on here need to reevaluate what they think a "bad game" from a corner is.

Why did they throw to Enunwa all game? It's because Pacman AND Dre shut Marshall/Decker down. We are talking a total of 69 yards from two guys that both had 1000 yard season last year. IDK what you guys want from Dre, something better than 2013 Richard Sherman apparently.

I would even argue that Kirkpatrick played a major role in saving that game. He jammed Decker which resulted in a FG attempt (I believe it was the one that was blocked)... Not only was that a giant momentum swing, but every point was needed in that game.

IDK, I don't have any qualms with Dre's play yesterday, but it upsets me that we can completely shut down a high powered aerial attack and this guy gets absolutely 0 credit.

You make a lot of great points, maybe we are being way too hard on him. Like i said cannot blame him for the Decker TD.

That was great coverage, just a great pass by Fitzy and a great catch by Decker.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 03:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You make a lot of great points, maybe we are being way too hard on him. Like i said cannot blame him for the Decker TD.

That was great coverage, just a great pass by Fitzy and a great catch by Decker.

Thanks, I'm not saying there aren't times when Dre makes me want to pull my hair out. I don't think he is some elite corner...

There just wasn't anything yesterday that stood out as horrid play to me. The backshoulder pass to Decker was definitely hard to defend, not bad coverage at all.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 03:55 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Thanks, I'm not saying there aren't times when Dre makes me want to pull my hair out. I don't think he is some elite corner...

There just wasn't anything yesterday that stood out as horrid play to me. The backshoulder pass to Decker was definitely hard to defend, not bad coverage at all.

To add to your point, a lot of the passes that the Jets third receiver got yesterday whereas he left Kirkpatrick's Zone and was between Kirkpatrick and the safety. Some of those passes look like they were Kirkpatrick's fault, but really it was the Jets doing everything they could to take advantage of our zone defense.
Reply/Quote

Stat line for their two stud WRs  5 catches for 69 yards and 1 Td.. if Dre was so shitty please explain since he had to line up most of the time against one of them for the game.. ?
Reply/Quote
I was impressed by the amount of snaps he played yesterday, Rey M played about 15-20% of the snaps and J Shaw was in the rest.

He looked great when given the chance and as others have stated has a bright future!
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 01:31 PM)milksheikh Wrote: I have yet to see any glaring mistakes from him, I wonder what stats of receivers are when against Josh Shaw.

He's not afraid to tackle either.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 03:55 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Thanks, I'm not saying there aren't times when Dre makes me want to pull my hair out. I don't think he is some elite corner...

Dre had the obvious Pass Interference that led to the Jets first TD. That was the horrid play to me.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 02:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I don't really blame him for the Decker TD though, that was good coverage, but yeah, same shit another year looks like. Yawn

Yep, just more of being a key player on one of the best pass defenses in the league.

Dre is among the top 30 CBs in the league.  

Last year Decker and Marshal  had 2500+ yards and 26 tds.  But when we hold them to 69 yards and 1 td our pass defense is "shit"

This is just ridiculous.  People just decide who they are going to hate and then act like they are the only players that ever make any mistakes.  If Dre was as bad as you all claim then we would be giving up a lot more completions, yards, and tds.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 03:11 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I understand the Dre hate when it comes to early in his career, I don't understand it for yesterday though.

Preach.

Dre was far from garbage, yesterday.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote