Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jubilation! (Just an European election.)
Less Austria threads in the future, promise, but right now I'm so happy and my friends are not here yet to share the joy. We did not vote the far right guy our president! He lost! The people said nay! Can't believe how happy that makes me feel right now.

So I just share my joy with you, you quirky American Bengalfolk. You're allright, thanks for having me. It's a day of celebration for me, so be happy with me! Or kick me, rep me, diss me, I don't care, way too happy.

And now: Jubilation!
If you have beer, drink one with me now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(12-04-2016, 01:27 PM)hollodero Wrote: Less Austria threads in the future, promise, but right now I'm so happy and my friends are not here yet to share the joy. We did not vote the far right guy our president! He lost! The people said nay! Can't believe how happy that makes me feel right now.

So I just share my joy with you, you quirky American Bengalfolk. You're allright, thanks for having me. It's a day of celebration for me, so be happy with me! Or kick me, rep me, diss me, I don't care, way too happy.

Congratulations, BengalBrother!

[Image: 2240c-landscape_balan_edelweiss-0286.jpg]
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(12-04-2016, 01:27 PM)hollodero Wrote: Less Austria threads in the future, promise, but right now I'm so happy and my friends are not here yet to share the joy. We did not vote the far right guy our president! He lost! The people said nay! Can't believe how happy that makes me feel right now.

Well done, People of Austria. Show the World how it's done!
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Thank you for sharing the happiness. Little context maybe, our president is not exactly like yours regarding his power. There are limits, the factual importance is somehow capped. The symbolic importance, however, can't be estimated high enough.

Nice detail, Hofer (the right-wing guy who lost) obviously tried out Trump tactics in the end. First off creating fear (up to possible civil wars and whatnot), then flat-out denying stuff that he or his party just said earlier ("never happened, never said that, that's all lies"), calling other people out, naming his opponent a communist and a spy, claims without any real ground. Coupled with some disgusting NLP tactics (like mimicing being stunned, disgusted, indignant based on nothing but contortions and empty word castles). It's so goddamn nice that he failed with all that. So goddamn nice! I virtually could hug every one of you just because it's so goddamn nice.

I will be so drunk in a few hours... (still will fit in the eagles game now, of course)
To aid with your celebration!

[Image: 15337661_10208340687222367_4742071347321...e=58C066C6]

Hilarious Just kidding, glad the election went the way you were hoping.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
I saw the news on DW, then came here and saw your thread. Very glad that Brexit and our election did not give Hofer a boost.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Ha ha,  looks like Islam statt Daham now!! 

Good work Austria!!  :andy: :andy:

I don't know whether to celebrate that fact that somewhere in the world rationality trumped "truthiness" or lament the fact it was not here.

Keep'em comin' Hollo.
I'll have some 'shrimp on the barbie' for you and your country!
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(12-04-2016, 06:26 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I'll have some 'shrimp on the barbie' for you and your country!

uuuhhhmmmm...... Never Mind. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

glad things are going your way down under!
Thanks, thanks a lot.

Guess most of my enthusiasm is explained by sheer, utter surprise. I was 95% sure the right wing will be victorious and life will turn a bit shittier around here. After Trump and Brexit I believed the nationalistic, anti-establisment movement can not be stopped before in power (and failing in power).

I was sure to be embarrsssed, that Austria will become the Nazi country in the world's perception. Now we're the first country to have a green party member as president. And it wasn't even that close.

(12-04-2016, 06:26 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I'll have some 'shrimp on the barbie' for you and your country!

Do that. Throw in some cangaroo steaks.
An election and Bengals win. Congrats!
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(12-04-2016, 06:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: uuuhhhmmmm...... Never Mind. 

[Image: 102-Animal-House-quotes.gif]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Will it hold this time or get annulled again?
(12-05-2016, 02:52 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Will it hold this time or get annulled again?

LOL no, this time we're pretty safe. People wouldn't accept yet another annullment (I guess the reult shows that people were not fans of that decision in the first place), it did Hofer no good, plus the new result was actually way too distinct this time.