Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Judge orders kids to juvenile center for refusing to see dad
http://www.wpxi.com/news/news/national/judge-orders-kids-juvenile-center-refusing-see-dad/nmt2H/

Quote:By Cox Media Group National Content Desk

A Michigan judge has ordered three children held in juvenile detention until they are 18 years old, or until they attempt to have a relationship with their father.

Oakland County Circuit Judge Lisa Gorycyca held the three siblings, ages 15, 10 and 9, in contempt of court for refusing to apologize or participate in visitation with their father.

"I felt like I was watching them be executed," their mother, Maya Tsimhoni, said.

The family was in court for a hearing on supervised visitation. Gorycyca berated the older child, telling him that she doubted he had a very high I.Q. because he continued to defy her court order to have a relationship with his father, the Daily Tribune reported.

“You’re very defiant," she said. "You have no manners. … There is no reason why you do not have a relationship with your father. Your father has never been charged with anything. Your father’s never been convicted of anything. Your father doesn’t have a personal protection order against him. Your father is well-liked and loved by the community, his co-workers, his family (and) his colleagues. You, young man, have got it wrong. I think your father is a great man who has gone through hoops for you to have a relationship with you.”

The three children were taken into the custody after the hearing, held on June 24. According to news reports, the older son said the reason he refused to see his father is because he is violent, and he witnessed his father hitting his mother.

The judge has forbidden the children's mother and any of her family from visiting the children while they are in the detention facility, Oakland County Children's Village. At one point, Gorycyca compared the children to "Charlie Manson's cult."

A review hearing is set for Sept. 8.

W-T-Serious-F?!?!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Says the dad went to Israel. How are they supposed to get out now?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-09-2015, 10:09 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Says the dad went to Israel.  How are they supposed to get out now?

If they agree to go to Israel?

:snark:
Sounds like mom is a lunatic:

http://observer.com/2015/07/exclusive-interview-dad-whose-kids-were-locked-up-for-not-having-lunch-with-him/
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(07-09-2015, 10:36 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Sounds like mom is a lunatic:

http://observer.com/2015/07/exclusive-interview-dad-whose-kids-were-locked-up-for-not-having-lunch-with-him/

[Image: 360_harvey_0301.jpg]
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(07-09-2015, 11:03 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: [Image: 360_harvey_0301.jpg]

Did you know Paul Harvey was a cross-dresser?

Mellow
(07-09-2015, 11:04 AM)GMDino Wrote: Did you know Paul Harvey was a cross-dresser?

Mellow

and

(07-09-2015, 11:08 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: and

Just wondered if you knew that.

Mellow
(07-09-2015, 11:16 AM)GMDino Wrote: Just wondered if you knew that.

Mellow

Of course I did....That is what I was using as comparison to Pat.

Divorce is always two-sided. And when kids are involved, there's usually a lot more to the story. Generally I don't believe either side, especially when it boils over into court because of violence or kidnapping or theft.

The judge's ruling may seem extreme, but two things. A, it could be there's more going on with the mom and her involvement, and that's a way to get the kids some distance from that; or B, it could be remanding them to a detention center is sometimes the only way to get people psychological or physical help. I know it seems odd, but that's one of the issues with drug cases here in Kentucky, if a person has no money a judge is better to incarcerate them so they can get into drug court and possibly free help.
(07-09-2015, 11:08 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: and

...now you know the rest of the story.
Sounds like the Judge is removing the children from a toxic environment and maybe providing some much needed unbiased counsel to the oldest child.

I wish read MANY more reports about upstanding fathers trying to be a part of thier children's lives. Unfortunately, fathers that do not seldom make the news.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

This order seems a bit extreme, but it is the law.

If children do not obey a parent they can be found to be delinquent or unruly and be locked up.

If children do not obey court orders they can be found to be delinquent or unruly and be locked up.

These children are refusing to obey their father and the orders of the court. The judge was right to do what he did.
(07-09-2015, 12:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: ...now you know the rest of the story.

Well played, sir ThumbsUp
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
(07-09-2015, 11:04 AM)GMDino Wrote: Did you know Paul Harvey was a cross-dresser?

Mellow

I didn't know that.

You learn something new every day.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.