Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Judge who sold juveniles to jails gets 28 yrs
(09-08-2015, 03:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is a good idea.

Private companies who lost government contracts for furniture would still complain.  The government is a huge consumer of office furniture.  But I could see decent argument that it would be okay for government use or at least all the offices of the Department of corrections.

As I see it, nobody has a right to the government's business.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-08-2015, 04:30 PM)michaelsean Wrote: As I see it, nobody has a right to the government's business.  

As long as big business gets to throw money at politicians, they will be demanding their favors.
(09-08-2015, 04:30 PM)michaelsean Wrote: As I see it, nobody has a right to the government's business.  

(09-08-2015, 04:31 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: As long as big business gets to throw money at politicians, they will be demanding their favors.

I agree with both of these statements.  

A court telling the government that it can not make its own furniture would be just as wrong as telling an individual that he could not make his own furniture.

But since the government is such a big consumer there would be big fight over it.
(09-08-2015, 05:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I agree with both of these statements.  

A court telling the government that it can not make its own furniture would be just as wrong as telling an individual that he could not make his own furniture.

But since the government is such a big consumer there would be big fight over it.

No doubt there.  If inmates could make ammo for the military I'd say have at it, but we know that wouldn't stand a chance.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(09-08-2015, 05:36 PM)michaelsean Wrote: No doubt there.  If inmates could make ammo for the military I'd say have at it, but we know that wouldn't stand a chance.

Oh God... I wouldn't want any inmates making ammo for the military. They could use that to make deadly weapons, and even to try to escape prison.
(09-09-2015, 07:23 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Oh God... I wouldn't want any inmates making ammo for the military. They could use that to make deadly weapons, and even to try to escape prison.

Only if they could throw it really hard.  But no I doubt that it would be feasible to have them do that, but if it were I'm pretty sure it would get quashed.

(09-08-2015, 05:36 PM)michaelsean Wrote: No doubt there.  If inmates could make ammo for the military I'd say have at it, but we know that wouldn't stand a chance.

There might be really good reasons why inmates can't make ammo...Give me a few minutes those reasons escape me right now.   Cool
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(09-09-2015, 09:41 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Only if they could throw it really hard.  But no I doubt that it would be feasible to have them do that, but if it were I'm pretty sure it would get quashed.

(09-09-2015, 09:41 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: There might be really good reasons why inmates can't make ammo...Give me a few minutes those reasons escape me right now.   Cool

Yeah... because ammo doesn't use gun powder, and gun powder can't be made into explosives. If you don't think a inmate would be able to steal some of the gunpowder from the ammo you obviously don't have a clue. Not to mention they would be able to steal the metal from the casings to try and make shanks.
(09-09-2015, 09:41 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Only if they could throw it really hard.  But no I doubt that it would be feasible to have them do that, but if it were I'm pretty sure it would get quashed.

I'll just leave this here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Improvised_firearm

No need to look at it, there's nothing of relevance there.   Wink

(09-09-2015, 10:41 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Yeah... because ammo doesn't use gun powder, and gun powder can't be made into explosives. If you don't think a inmate would be able to steal some of the gunpowder from the ammo you obviously don't have a clue. Not to mention they would be able to steal the metal from the casings to try and make shanks.

Are you seriously arguing with me?

"But no I doubt that it would be feasible to have them do that"

(09-09-2015, 10:45 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: I'll just leave this here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Improvised_firearm

No need to look at it, there's nothing of relevance there.   Wink

They can try to smuggle in real guns into prisons too. Just one piece at a time. You would be surprised to know how much shit inmates are able to smuggle into prisons. Inmates have 24/7 to think about how they can get things inside the prison to help them out. A lot of the guys in there are smart too. There are a ton of dumb ones too though...
(09-09-2015, 10:49 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Are you seriously arguing with me?

"But no I doubt that it would be feasible to have them do that"

I am...What's this forum about for you if i'ts not about arguing the minutia of difference?   Ninja

(09-09-2015, 10:52 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: I am...What's this forum about for you if i'ts not about arguing the minutia of difference?   Ninja

Expanding ideals.  Coming together in a peaceful way to embrace our differences and strengthen our commonality.  In short, I am here to make the world a better place.  If you sons of bitches would just do what I say that is.

(09-09-2015, 11:06 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Expanding ideals.  Coming together in a peaceful way to embrace our differences and strengthen our commonality.  In short, I am here to make the world a better place.  If you sons of bitches would just do what I say that is.

I'd like to argue the point that some of us might be women and that your post is a bit sexist.  :angry:

(09-09-2015, 11:08 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: I'd like to argue the point that some of us might be women and that your post is a bit sexist.  :angry:

Isn't there an internet rule that declares that none of you are women?

(09-09-2015, 11:31 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Isn't there an internet rule that declares that none of you are women?

Are you saying that Bengalzona can't identify as a woman?  How 1984 of you.

(09-09-2015, 11:08 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: I'd like to argue the point that some of us might be women and that your post is a bit sexist.  :angry:

[Image: a1c.jpg]