Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jungle Noise Questionnaire (2020 Edition)
1.) Do you want us to draft Joe Burrow? Yes
2.) Do you want Joe Burrow to start? Yes
3.) Do you think we should keep Andy? No
4.) Do you think we should hss the tag on AJ? No
5.) Do you think we should sign AJ to a multi-year contract? Yes
6.) Do you think being more active in free agency is a must this offseason? Yes
7.) Do you think we should replace at least one, if not both, of our coordinators? No
8.) Do you have faith in the Front Office to make the necessary moves this offseason to make us competitive in 2020? No
9.) On a scale of 1-10, please rate your satisfaction level as a fan/customer? 6
10.) Did you think Zak Taylor deserved a 2nd season? Yes
11.) Name one player you'd like to see cut. Hart
12.) Name one previous player you'd like to return. Historically? Munoz Currently Playing? Zeitler
13.) Does this team win more than 6 games next year? To early to guess.
14.) UC or Xavier? Pass
15.) Skyline or Goldstar? Goldstar
16.) Favorite team other than Bengals (Non-NFL)? WVU Mountianeers
17.) Best comedy show of all time? So many but recently Happy
18.) Best comedy movie of all time? Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
19.) Best sports movie off time? Bad News Bears
20.) Favorite musical artist off time? More than a few.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
1.)Do you want us to draft Joe Burrow?
Yes
2.) Do you want Joe Burrow to start?

Yes
3.) Do you think we should keep Andy?

No
4.) Do you think we should hss the tag on AJ?

No
5.) Do you think we should sign AJ to a multi-year contract?

No
6.) Do you think being more active in free agency is a must this offseason?

Yes
7.) Do you think we should replace at least one, if not both, of our coordinators?

Both
8.) Do you have faith in the Front Office to make the necessary moves this offseason to make us competitive in 2020?

No
9.) On a scale of 1-10, please rate your satisfaction level as a fan/customer?

10.) Did you think Zak Taylor deserved a 2nd season?

No, but didn't think he deserved a first season
11.) Name one player you'd like to see cut. 

Glenn, Hart, and Webb
12.) Name one previous player you'd like to return. 

Whitworth 
13.) Does this team win more than 6 games next year?

Doubtful
14.) UC or Xavier? 

Neither
15.) Skyline or Goldstar?

Neither
16.) Favorite team other than Bengals (Non-NFL)?

tOSU Buckeyes
17.) Best comedy show of all time? TBBT
18.) Best comedy movie of all time?

Can't pick just one
19.) Best sports movie off time?

Greater
20.) Favorite musical artist off time?

Can't pick just one.
Reply/Quote
Man there’s some high numbers for this one...

7’s and 8’s???

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2020, 12:03 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Man there’s some high numbers for this one...

7’s and 8’s???

I felt I was being generous with a 2.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
3.) Do you think we should keep Andy? No Trade him for draft picks. 3rd rounder?
5.) Do you think we should sign AJ to a multi-year contract? Yes He's still a top 5-10 WR in the NFL
6.) Do you think being more active in free agency is a must this offseason? No answer - why get my hopes up?
7.) Do you think we should replace at least one, if not both, of our coordinators? No
8.) Do you have faith in the Front Office to make the necessary moves this offseason to make us competitive in 2020? No
9.) On a scale of 1-10, please rate your satisfaction level as a fan/customer? 7 Not thrilled, but I think we're moving in the right direction.
11.) Name one player you'd like to see cut. Finley
12.) Name one previous player you'd like to return. Ocho
13.) Does this team win more than 6 games next year? Yes
14.) UC or Xavier? UC I got 2 degrees from there.
15.) Skyline or Goldstar? Skyline
16.) Favorite team other than Bengals (Non-NFL)? Reds
17.) Best comedy show of all time? South Park
18.) Best comedy movie of all time? The Big Lebowski
19.) Best sports movie off time? Rocky
20.) Favorite musical artist off time? Keith Richards
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
1.) Do you want us to draft Joe Burrow? Not unless he's seriously injured... Seriously? Sure..why not?
2.) Do you want Joe Burrow to start? Eventually..Yes
3.) Do you think we should keep Andy? Probably for at least this next season
4.) Do you think we should hss the tag on AJ? Nope 
5.) Do you think we should sign AJ to a multi-year contract? Not unless it's reasonable
6.) Do you think being more active in free agency is a must this offseason? Is this a trick question? 
7.) Do you think we should replace at least one, if not both, of our coordinators? Ehh..I give em another season
8.) Do you have faith in the Front Office to make the necessary moves this offseason to make us competitive in 2020? Absolutely! they're the greatest FO in the history of the past year of Bengals history.. Another trick question? Really?
9.) On a scale of 1-10, please rate your satisfaction level as a fan/customer? I couldn't be happier.. or sadder. I'll let you know which someday..
10.) Did you think Zak Taylor deserved a 2nd season? Sure..why not? He's a bum and bums work for Mikey.
11.) Name one player you'd like to see cut. The list is too long, but some of the nobody signings.. 
12.) Name one previous player you'd like to return. Max Montoya
13.) Does this team win more than 6 games next year? They win 162 games and the world series
14.) UC or Xavier? Sinclair Community College Tartans..I'm a former Tartan. Yippie, huh?
15.) Skyline or Goldstar? Really? C'mon folks..
17.) Best comedy show of all time? The 11 o'clock news in almost any city or town.
18.) Best comedy movie of all time? Will Hay movies
19.) Best sports movie off time? Little rascals football game(s) staring Alfalfa
20.) Favorite musical artist off time? Louis Armstrong...No wait.. Fats Waller.. maybe both.. Fats with compliments to Hobspin.. It's A Sin To tell A Lie! 

I also love the The Quebe Sisters

In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2020, 12:15 AM)jason Wrote: I felt I was being generous with a 2.

I mean, a two win season, and 4 losing seasons in a row now. Just flat out unacceptable.

But hey, we got our coaching change, so we shouldn’t expect anything else major for the next decade or so I guess...

Reply/Quote
1.) Do you want us to draft Joe Burrow? Yes.

2.) Do you want Joe Burrow to start? Yes.
3.) Do you think we should keep Andy? No.
4.) Do you think we should hss the tag on AJ? Yes.
5.) Do you think we should sign AJ to a multi-year contract? Yes.
6.) Do you think being more active in free agency is a must this offseason? Hell Yes!
8.) Do you have faith in the Front Office to make the necessary moves this offseason to make us competitive in 2020? Hell no
9.) On a scale of 1-10, please rate your satisfaction level as a fan/customer? 2
11.) Name one player you'd like to see cut. Bobby Hart
12.) Name one previous player you'd like to return. Kevin Zeitler
13.) Does this team win more than 6 games next year? I'll push at 6
14.) UC or Xavier? Neither
15.) Skyline or Goldstar? Haven't eaten either
16.) Favorite team other than Bengals (Non-NFL)? EWU Eagles (NCAA)
17.) Best comedy show of all time? Futurama
18.) Best comedy movie of all time? Dumb & Dumber
19.) Best sports movie off time? Major League
20.) Favorite musical artist off time? Queen
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
1.) Do you want us to draft Joe Burrow? Not really but I guess he is "next best player" in the draft when we are up.
2.) Do you want Joe Burrow to start? Not with the current O-line we have.
3.) Do you think we should keep Andy? Yes, unless we can get value for him in trade.
4.) Do you think we should hss the tag on AJ? Yes
5.) Do you think we should sign AJ to a multi-year contract? Tag him and give me a year to think about it.
7.) Do you think we should replace at least one, if not both, of our coordinators? Yes
8.) Do you have faith in the Front Office to make the necessary moves this offseason to make us competitive in 2020? No. Let Zac do it.
9.) On a scale of 1-10, please rate your satisfaction level as a fan/customer? 1, but it was a season of comedy so I really can't complain.
11.) Name one player you'd like to see cut. Too many to choose from, including staff
12.) Name one previous player you'd like to return. Pacman
13.) Does this team win more than 6 games next year? No
14.) UC or Xavier? UC
16.) Favorite team other than Bengals (Non-NFL)? New York Rangers
17.) Best comedy show of all time? SNL
18.) Best comedy movie of all time? My Cousin Vinnie
19.) Best sports movie off time? Draft Day
20.) Favorite musical artist off time? Too many to list since I listen to most genres. Radio.Garden
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
4.) Do you think we should hss the tag on AJ? Yes, only if he won't sign an incentive-laden contract
5.) Do you think we should sign AJ to a multi-year contract? Yes, incentive-laden
6.) Do you think being more active in free agency is a must this offseason? YES
9.) On a scale of 1-10, please rate your satisfaction level as a fan/customer? 3
11.) Name one player you'd like to see cut. Cut, instead of seeking a trade, I would have to say Shawn Williams
12.) Name one previous player you'd like to return. John Ross. I still think he can be a game changer.
14.) UC or Xavier? UC
16.) Favorite team other than Bengals (Non-NFL)? Was the Browns before Mayfield-douche...probably the Bills
17.) Best comedy show of all time? Cheers
18.) Best comedy movie of all time? The Naked Gun
20.) Favorite musical artist off time? U2
Reply/Quote
1.) Do you want us to draft Joe Burrow?
Yes
2.) Do you want Joe Burrow to start?
Torn. I think rookie QBs really benefit from sitting a year, but I don't know if you still benefit sitting a year learning Zac Taylor's awful offense.
3.) Do you think we should keep Andy?
Nah, it's time to part ways.
4.) Do you think we should hss the tag on AJ?
5.) Do you think we should sign AJ to a multi-year contract?
6.) Do you think being more active in free agency is a must this offseason?
You almost have to. They need to sign 2 legit starting OL at a minimum. Jack Conklin and Brandon Scherff. There's also two 26-year-old ILBs in the FA market who could do wonders for the run defense. Once Dalton is off the books, and you cut Kirkpatrick they will have somewhere in the neighborhood of $78m in cap space. No reason to not make it happen other than unwillingness by the FO.
7.) Do you think we should replace at least one, if not both, of our coordinators?
Both. I would change the HC too. Sign Eric Biemieny to be the HC, let him pick his OC, sign Wade Phillips to be the DC. Even if Taylor isn't fired, you still need to strip play calling from him as a bare minimum and hire someone competent to be your OC. I would still make the Wade Phillips move with or without Taylor, too.
8.) Do you have faith in the Front Office to make the necessary moves this offseason to make us competitive in 2020?
Not even a tiny bit. There's no question why the Bengals haven't won a postseason game since FA became a thing in 1993.
I've actually dropped out of being dissatisfied and entered the territory of quasi-ambivalence.. which is so much worse. I completely missed like 3 games this year, and only watched half of another 4 or so.
10.) Did you think Zac Taylor deserved a 2nd season?
No.
11.) Name one player you'd like to see cut.
Dre Kirkpatrick
12.) Name one previous player you'd like to return.
Mike Zimmer, he can be a backup holder and full time coach. Bring the player manager to the NFL!
13.) Does this team win more than 6 games next year?
With the current coaching staff? Probably not.
14.) UC or Xavier?
UC
15.) Skyline or Goldstar?
Skyline, the only objectively correct answer.
16.) Favorite team other than Bengals (Non-NFL)?
Reds
17.) Best comedy show of all time?
Psych (with a shoutout to Rick and Morty, Arrested Development, and It's Always Sunny)
18.) Best comedy movie of all time?
Blazing Saddles, and pretty much anything else made by Mel Brooks.
19.) Best sports movie off time?
Does The Big Lebowski count as a Bowling movie? If not, it probably means Naked Gun doesn't count as a baseball movie, so.... Major League... or Rocky IV (USA! USA!)
20.) Favorite musical artist off time?
Errr... don't know. Cake? I generally can listen to all of their albums without having any songs I want to skip. I listen to too many different genres to have a favorite artist.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
1.) Do you want us to draft Joe Burrow? Y

2.) Do you want Joe Burrow to start? Y
3.) Do you think we should keep Andy? N
4.) Do you think we should hss the tag on AJ? N
5.) Do you think we should sign AJ to a multi-year contract? N
6.) Do you think being more active in free agency is a must this offseason? Y
7.) Do you think we should replace at least one, if not both, of our coordinators? F U C K Y E S 
8.) Do you have faith in the Front Office to make the necessary moves this offseason to make us competitive in 2020? F U C K N O
9.) On a scale of 1-10, please rate your satisfaction level as a fan/customer? 1
10.) Did you think Zak Taylor deserved a 2nd season? Y
11.) Name one player you'd like to see cut. Dalton
12.) Name one previous player you'd like to return. Ocho Cinco
13.) Does this team win more than 6 games next year? N
14.) UC or Xavier? UC
16.) Favorite team other than Bengals (Non-NFL)? Florida Gators
17.) Best comedy show of all time? Spy TV
18.) Best comedy movie of all time? The Big Lebowski
19.) Best sports movie off time? Remember The Titans
20.) Favorite musical artist off time? Ryan Adams
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2020, 09:49 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: It's been awhile since I've done one of these. I figured rather than the usual general get to know you questions, I'd ask specific questions related to this team right now, and then mix in some just for fun stuff after.

It seems to me that there's a lot of confusion about certain opinions, accusations that there are those who think this, and this group that thinks that. And to be honest, as far as the board coming together, I think simply asking and answering questions will go a long way. At the very least, it will clarify both how indivjduals think and where majority actually lies.  I think a lot of that somehow gets lost in translation. There are many assumptions made, and too often words are taken for granted, or flat-out misunderstood.

***Note: Some of these questions may be met wity a "too early to tell" and that's cool. Just answer either N/A or whatever. Also, it may be easiest just to copy and paste the text, or quote only the question section for readability purposes. As always, I appreciate those who choose to participate...

------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.) Do you want us to draft Joe Burrow?  Yes
2.) Do you want Joe Burrow to start?  Yes
3.) Do you think we should keep Andy?  No
4.) Do you think we should hss the tag on AJ?  If we have to - but would prefer a shorter term contract.  No more than 3 years
5.) Do you think we should sign AJ to a multi-year contract?  See above
6.) Do you think being more active in free agency is a must this offseason?  Yes - at least for a quality LB and possible OG.
7.) Do you think we should replace at least one, if not both, of our coordinators?  Both units did better late in the year so okay to keep but would like to see ZT focus on managing the entire game rather than the offense.  Let Brian C. call plays so we can assess his ability.
8.) Do you have faith in the Front Office to make the necessary moves this offseason to make us competitive in 2020?  Absolutely NOT
9.) On a scale of 1-10, please rate your satisfaction level as a fan/customer?  2
10.) Did you think Zak Taylor deserved a 2nd season?  Yes - Nobody should be judged without a full year of evaluation under their belt.
11.) Name one player you'd like to see cut.  Dre K.  Honorable mention Bobby Hart (I know that's 2 players)
12.) Name one previous player you'd like to return.  Rex Burkhead
13.) Does this team win more than 6 games next year?  No
14.) UC or Xavier?  Root for both but went to UC so UC
15.) Skyline or Goldstar?  Goldstar
16.) Favorite team other than Bengals (Non-NFL)?  UC
17.) Best comedy show of all time?  Coach
18.) Best comedy movie of all time?  the original Hangover movie
19.) Best sports movie off time?  Field of Dreams
20.) Favorite musical artist off time?  Rush
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2020, 10:11 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: 1.) Do you want us to draft Joe Burrow? Yes
4.) Do you think we should hss the tag on AJ? Yes, only if he won't sign an incentive-laden contract
5.) Do you think we should sign AJ to a multi-year contract? Yes, incentive-laden
6.) Do you think being more active in free agency is a must this offseason? YES
9.) On a scale of 1-10, please rate your satisfaction level as a fan/customer? 3
11.) Name one player you'd like to see cut. Cut, instead of seeking a trade, I would have to say Shawn Williams
12.) Name one previous player you'd like to return. John Ross. I still think he can be a game changer.
14.) UC or Xavier? UC
16.) Favorite team other than Bengals (Non-NFL)? Was the Browns before Mayfield-douche...probably the Bills
17.) Best comedy show of all time? Cheers
18.) Best comedy movie of all time? The Naked Gun
20.) Favorite musical artist off time? U2

Ross is still a Bengal lol

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2020, 09:49 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: 1.) Do you want us to draft Joe Burrow? Only if there are no decent trade offers.
2.) Do you want Joe Burrow to start? No
3.) Do you think we should keep Andy? Yes
4.) Do you think we should hss the tag on AJ? Yes
5.) Do you think we should sign AJ to a multi-year contract? No
7.) Do you think we should replace at least one, if not both, of our coordinators? Yes
8.) Do you have faith in the Front Office to make the necessary moves this offseason to make us competitive in 2020? Are you kidding?
9.) On a scale of 1-10, please rate your satisfaction level as a fan/customer? -10
11.) Name one player you'd like to see cut. Hart
12.) Name one previous player you'd like to return. Hopkins 
13.) Does this team win more than 6 games next year? Absolutely  not
14.) UC or Xavier? UC
15.) Skyline or Goldstar? Goldstar 
16.) Favorite team other than Bengals (Non-NFL)? Bearcats 
17.) Best comedy show of all time? Laugh-in
18.) Best comedy movie of all time? Shreck
19.) Best sports movie off time? Draft Day
20.) Favorite musical artist off time? Roy Orbison
Reply/Quote

Why are people naming current Bengals on the “previous players you want to see return”

Hopkins and Ross are still on the team.

Reply/Quote
1.) Do you want us to draft Joe Burrow? Absolutely
3.) Do you think we should keep Andy? No. Best case scenario is we trade him before our new QB enters the building.
4.) Do you think we should hss the tag on AJ? Preferably no, but if he is fully healthy and a new deal can't be worked out then yes.
5.) Do you think we should sign AJ to a multi-year contract? If "muti-year" means 2 or 3 then yes **edit** pending health **/edit**
6.) Do you think being more active in free agency is a must this offseason? Yes as long as "more active" means quality over quantity.
7.) Do you think we should replace at least one, if not both, of our coordinators? My pipe dream: Wade Phillips and Joe Brady....Given that we would likely only get similar guys to what we currently have, no.
8.) Do you have faith in the Front Office to make the necessary moves this offseason to make us competitive in 2020? I think they will overpay some under performers and try to sell us that as something positive.
9.) On a scale of 1-10, please rate your satisfaction level as a fan/customer? 1
10.) Did you think Zak Taylor deserved a 2nd season? "Deserved" is kind of a strong word, but given that we likely would replace him with a similar hire, I would rather see what Zac does with a full offseason and what changes he makes after having last season to evaluate.
11.) Name one player you'd like to see cut. There are a few, but I'll go with Bobby Hart.
12.) Name one previous player you'd like to return. I'm not really longing for the return of any players still active, but Whit or Zeitler would be helpful around here about now.
13.) Does this team win more than 6 games next year? I think they will be in the neighborhood of 6 wins. Could possibly be over 6 if they make some moves that I don't expect they will make.
14.) UC or Xavier? UC I guess, but I like Xavier as well.
15.) Skyline or Goldstar? Need more time to evaluate.
17.) Best comedy show of all time? So many good ones but I will say Seinfeld.
18.) Best comedy movie of all time? Too many to give an accurate answer...I will throw Super Troopers up as a placeholder.
19.) Best sports movie off time? Rocky, Bad News Bears, Remember the Titans, don't make me pick just one.
20.) Favorite musical artist off time? I can't really single one out but I like some Eminem and classic rock/80's hair bands.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2020, 12:07 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Why are people naming current Bengals on the “previous players you want to see return”

Hopkins and Ross are still on the team.

It threw me off at first. I was thinking by "return" he meant bringing back a player from 2019. 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2020, 09:55 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: 1.) Do you want us to draft Joe Burrow?...….YES 
2.) Do you want Joe Burrow to start?...…..YES
3.) Do you think we should keep Andy?.....NO
4.) Do you think we should use the tag on AJ?.....NO
5.) Do you think we should sign AJ to a multi-year contract?.....YES
6.) Do you think being more active in free agency is a must this offseason?.....YES
7.) Do you think we should replace at least one, if not both, of our coordinators?.....YES
8.) Do you have faith in the Front Office to make the necessary moves this offseason to make us competitive in 2020?.....Absolutely Not
9.) On a scale of 1-10, please rate your satisfaction level as a fan/customer?.....3
10.) Did you think Zak Taylor deserved a 2nd season?.....Yes, but with a short leash.
11.) Name one player you'd like to see cut.....Bobby Hart
12.) Name one previous player you'd like to return.....Kevin Zeitler
13.) Does this team win more than 6 games next year?.....Big Fat Maybe
14.) UC or Xavier?.....UC
15.) Skyline or Goldstar?.....Skyline
16.) Favorite team other than Bengals.....Ohio State
17.) Best comedy show of all time?.....Big Bang Theory
18.) Best comedy movie of all time?.....Animal House
19.) Best sports movie off time?.....Rudy
20.) Favorite musical artist off time?.....George Strait
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
1.) Do you want us to draft Joe Burrow? Yes. Since 2018.
2.) Do you want Joe Burrow to start? Sure
3.) Do you think we should keep Andy? Indifferent. Head says no.
5.) Do you think we should sign AJ to a multi-year contract? Yes
6.) Do you think being more active in free agency is a must this offseason? Indifferent. Need 2 pieces, the rest can be drafted.
7.) Do you think we should replace at least one, if not both, of our coordinators? Nope. OC cut his teeth and Lou improved.
8.) Do you have faith in the Front Office to make the necessary moves this offseason to make us competitive in 2020? Indifferent. We need better performances and coaching, more than to rehaul the roster.
9.) On a scale of 1-10, please rate your satisfaction level as a fan/customer? 7
10.) Did you think Zak Taylor deserved a 2nd season? Zac and he deserves three years.
11.) Name one player you'd like to see cut. Cethan Carter (useless, even on teams)
12.) Name one previous player you'd like to return. Heart: Whitworth. Head: No one, really; get new blood in. But I'll say Chris Smith or Zeitler.
14.) UC or Xavier? College hoops sucks.
15.) Skyline or Goldstar? Both are awesome, but Skyline.
16.) Favorite team other than Bengals (Non-NFL)? The Toronto Blue Jays are my favourite sports team ever.
17.) Best comedy show of all time? Fawlty Towers
18.) Best comedy movie of all time? Pure out comedy or American Comedy? Probably the Blues Brothers.
19.) Best sports movie off time? Eight Men Out
20.) Favorite musical artist off time? The Who.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote