Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just Bought Blink 182 Tickets!
I was into strictly hip-hop and rap before the wreck but, ironically, my best friend, who ended up being the driver in my wreck, was into punk and his favorite band was Blink 182 and I ended up loving them, too.

They're coming to Cincinnati in June as part of the Bunbury Festival, so I wanted to go, but none of my friends that I'd take are into them.

I've been talking to this girl a lot lately and found out that she loves them. Her birthday was Monday, so I pulled a cute move and bought four tickets (one for me, one for her, and then two for her to choose, which she's taking her sister with one), which she is going to crazy over the move!

Has anyone seen them live lately? What kind of show do they put on?
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2018, 06:15 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I was into strictly hip-hop and fap before the wreck 

You can still fap so your good. As for Blink 182? I have no clue. LOL... Hell, you can have her fap you to 182? Or, you can both fap together to 182. Wait, if you did that it would be 364? Wait again... You and her could start a band called fap 364? It would have meaning and you could make great sounds together and sell lots of cd's and then after several years of success and fandom, you could tell the story of how you got your name? Dude, I should be your agent because I have a lot of plans for you!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I also have no clue about Bling 182. But, the wife and I are excited to go see Dwight Yoakum on Aug 10th! The best part is the venue, once you get out of the parking lot, is only 20 minutes from our house.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2018, 09:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I also have no clue about Bling 182.  But, the wife and I are excited to go see Dwight Yoakum on Aug 10th!  The best part is the venue, once you get out of the parking lot, is only 20 minutes from our house.

If she wants to make love immediately after the concert? Text me and I'll tell you what she's thinking. Hilarious

Reply/Quote
They're still a thing?

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2018, 11:45 PM)Bryan Wrote: They're still a thing?
Broke up for a while and then got back together for a few songs, then one of the guitar players left so they split again but now they are back with a new guy.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2018, 11:45 PM)Bryan Wrote: They're still a thing?

That was my thought.

As to the OP, I was a punk rock kid when I was younger, and so Blink 182 pre-Enema (so the albums Dude Ranch, Buddha, and Cheshire) was in my wheelhouse. I like Travis Barker as a person, but I completely blamed him for changing the feel of the band. They became much more pop-punk from Enema on. They relied more on their antics and their music lost an edge to it, but it still wasn't bad. Unfortunately, though, I haven't been to a show where Blink 182 played in over 10 years.

Edit: After reading about the changes, I'm a bit skeptical. Scott was the most punk out of the group, so I'll be curious what their music feels like these days.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
I took her out, it was a Friday night, i walk alone to get the feeling right, we started making out and then she took off my pants.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Too old to know anything about the band. But sounds like you made her happy and that usually is a good thing.

Hope you all have a great time.

But on side note looking forward to the "As the Crow Flies" concert on April 25th which is basically the Black Crowes with my new favorite guitarist Marcus King filling in for singer Chris Robinson's brother and cofounder Rich Robinson per their fallout.

Is first time in years that Chris will sing their songs again and only doing it for 3 weeks. With venue being 1,100 seat capacity as well, am really looking forward to it.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Wouldn’t mind seeing them. Got tickets for smashing pumpkins later this year. Would’ve rather one to see zombie but son really wanted to see pumpkins.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2018, 11:44 AM)Benton Wrote: Wouldn’t mind seeing them. Got tickets for smashing pumpkins later this year. Would’ve rather one to see zombie but son really wanted to see pumpkins.

Love Rob Zombie. His stuff is great to lift weights to, or just chill to also.

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2018, 09:31 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Too old to know anything about the band. But sounds like you made her happy and that usually is a good thing.

Hope you all have a great time.

But on side note looking forward to the "As the Crow Flies" concert on April 25th which is basically the Black Crowes with my new favorite guitarist Marcus King filling in for singer Chris Robinson's brother and cofounder Rich Robinson per their fallout.

Is first time in years that Chris will sing their songs again and only doing it for 3 weeks. With venue being 1,100 seat capacity as well, am really looking forward to it.

Love the Black Crowes. We saw them years ago at Taft theater. Some nut threw a beer bottle down front and they quit playing till security came and threw his ass out.
Reply/Quote
I haven’t seen them in over a decade, but the shows I saw then were pretty good. And since this is a festival set it should be all killer no filler; not a lot of album cuts or rarities.

I am interested as to how the show works with Matt Skiba in the band now. I adore the early albums from his band Alkaline Trio, and his split EP with Kevin Seconds is amazing, but his vocals are extremely different from Tom DeLong. If he’s singing the songs DeLong sang lead on, that could be weird. But Skiba has a better voice (in my opinion), so it might actually be better.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2018, 05:28 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Love the Black Crowes. We saw them years ago at Taft theater. Some nut threw a beer bottle down front and they quit playing till security came and threw his ass out.

Looking forward to it big time. 

Have seen almost everybody from my era but missed them because when they were in their heyday they came to Louisville. But a cop wanting to make a name busted them backstage for smoking weed and they never came back to town again. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Like you paid real money for those?

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2018, 06:15 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I was into strictly hip-hop and rap before the wreck but, ironically, my best friend, who ended up being the driver in my wreck, was into punk and his favorite band was Blink 182 and I ended up loving them, too.

They're coming to Cincinnati in June as part of the Bunbury Festival, so I wanted to go, but none of my friends that I'd take are into them.

I've been talking to this girl a lot lately and found out that she loves them.  Her birthday was Monday, so I pulled a cute move and bought four tickets (one for me, one for her, and then two for her to choose, which she's taking her sister with one), which she is going to crazy over the move!  

Has anyone seen them live lately?  What kind of show do they put on?

If Blink 182 was the end result.....you shoulda just stuck with rap. Mellow

LMAO Wink

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-27-2018, 09:42 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: If Blink 182 was the end result.....you shoulda just stuck with rap. Mellow

LMAO Wink

Don’t be so hard on him. All joking aside, they arent so bad, I really like that song “boulevard of broken dreams.” And that “dookie” album they came out with was straight fire.

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2018, 02:59 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Like you paid real money for those?

Someone had to have held a gun to his head. 
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2018, 09:57 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: Don’t be so hard on him. All joking aside,  they arent so bad, I really like that song “boulevard of broken dreams.” And that “dookie” album they came out with was straight fire.
Boulevard of broken dreams is by Green Day
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2018, 10:32 AM)mallorian69 Wrote: Boulevard of broken dreams is by Green Day

Oh silly me. Well the song “basket case” by blink is good, so we can agree on that.

Reply/Quote