Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Just Feels Pointless
(01-30-2023, 01:37 AM)casear2727 Wrote: It's all good, if there wasnt fragile little worry fairies the rest of us men with optimism wouldnt stand out like we do.  Pretty obvious we beat KC7 out of 10 times with our oline in tact.

I had no idea “Men With Optimism” and “incoherent potatos” were interchangeable terms. Huh.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:42 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm saying if the NFL is helping some teams along our ownership needs to figure out how to get off the "hurt" list and onto the "help" list.

What is it the teams that are helped by the NFL have or do that we don't?
So ownership should take immoral stands just to appease the NFL? Is that what you are saying?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:48 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I've been explaining to people like the Hunger Games. Win the crowd, win the ring. It's a story driven league and you can hear it in everyone's voice, the long intros, the announcers constantly talking about mahomes injury when he basically seemed 95% healthy except when the camera was on him, etc.

I think you're putting the cart before the horse, though.  You win the rings and then you win the crowds.  I don't buy the notion that Burrow could have 2 rings right now and the media would be able to contain their lust for him.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:51 AM)J24 Wrote: So ownership should take immoral stands just to appease the NFL? Is that what you are saying?

What is amoral about doing what your boss wants?  If the NFL is this overarching god that determines which teams win and which teams lose, yes, I think Mike Brown should do what the teams who earn favor of their NFL overlords want them to do so we can finally win.

If the NFL is rigged, or biased and you don't at least try to get in on the "good side" you're just plain stupid.

What do the Chiefs owners do that Mike Brown doesn't?  We need to define what it is before we can declare it amoral.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:45 AM)Nately120 Wrote: So Mike Brown is just like Al Davis where he will continue to give the middle finger to the NFL and it'll be rigged against us.  Deeeeeeligtful.

Pretty much.  Hilarious

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:50 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I had no idea “Men With Optimism” and “incoherent potatos” were interchangeable terms. Huh.

I was attempting to avoid whiny ass teenagers and adults..... but it is what it is.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:52 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Ossai hit him out of bounds. That was legit.

You really enjoy this don't you?
Reply/Quote
Knock it off you guys.. Take some acid, go to bed and when you wake up tomorrow all refreshed the Bengals will have already won the superbowl assuming you took enough acid.. ..and could sleep at all..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:54 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Pretty much.  Hilarious

Interesting.  Well, I'm just open to the idea that IF the NFL is rigged THEN we should do what it takes to get on the winning side.

Keep in mind, the Chiefs went 50 years between SB appearances, which they both won...so if they did something to earn the rewards the NFL is now giving them I'm just open to the idea of the Bengals doing the same.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:57 AM)grampahol Wrote: Knock it off you guys.. Take some acid, go to bed and when you wake up tomorrow all refreshed the Bengals will have already won the superbowl assuming you took enough acid.. ..and could sleep at all..

Rodgers says Awyusca works good. Maybe, I'll give it a shot. It's only 5 grand..
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:57 AM)grampahol Wrote: Knock it off you guys.. Take some acid, go to bed and when you wake up tomorrow all refreshed the Bengals will have already won the superbowl assuming you took enough acid.. ..and could sleep at all..

So that's what happened to Syd Barrett.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:55 AM)casear2727 Wrote: I was attempting to avoid whiny ass teenagers and adults..... but it is what it is.

You do more whining about other posters than anyone here does about the team and the games. I think you’ve talked yourself into believing you’re wicked cool and Holier than thou, but all you’re doing is tugging yourself off in front of a captive audience.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:54 AM)Nately120 Wrote: What is amoral about doing what your boss wants?  If the NFL is this overarching god that determines which teams win and which teams lose, yes, I think Mike Brown should do what the teams who earn favor of their NFL overlords want them to do so we can finally win.

If the NFL is rigged, or biased and you don't at least try to get in on the "good side" you're just plain stupid.

What do the Chiefs owners do that Mike Brown doesn't?  We need to define what it is before we can declare it amoral.

Do you think the Ownership should have forced the Bills to finish the MNF game after the Hamlin incident?

Also should Mike have just rubber stamped the Rams moving to LA. Even though ST.LOUIS was clearly getting screwed over in that decision?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 02:01 AM)J24 Wrote: Do you think the Ownership should have forced the Bills to finish the MNF game after the Hamlin incident?

Also should Mike have just rubber stamped the Rams moving to LA. Even though ST.LOUIS was clearly getting screwed over in that decision?

I don't see how forcing the Bills, another team we've accused of being on the "make them win" side of the NFL coin, to finish that game would have made the NFL like us...and if Mike Brown doomed us to never win a championship because he wanted to lose a vote 31-1 then he's a dumbass.
Reply/Quote
I understand being a fan, but none of us should invest so much in the outcome. Thinking about whether we'll see a SB winner in the next 40-45 years because we couldn't advance past the Championship Game the year after making the SB... yeah that does seem pointless. I assume the bottle's talking.

For one thing, I don't think any of us will gaf if the Bengals have ever hoisted the Lombardi when we're in hospice care. Between now and then, our lives need to be defined by goals that are more personal, grand and rewarding. If I'm still belting it out on a message board about a late flag when I'm 94 years old, the Bengals will be the least of my life's and legacy's concerns.
Reply/Quote
It is weird why we take a sports team so personally when they lose, but I think it's' because I feel like my whole family was let down by it lol. It's a strange feeling indeed to invest emotions into something you can't control, I guess that's the definition of love. So when we see players not investing as much into themselves and the team we somehow don't feel like they love us back, lol.

One of the hardest things for me when putting my dog to sleep was that my mom just didn't understand. It wasn't the fact that he had cancer and we tried our best, she just didn't get it and I couldn't explain it to her past her emotions. So the feelings we have for others, at least in my case, is why it hurst when the Bengals lose (since my Dad is in his late 70s). We don't have a ton of years left for them to win.

When the Cavs finally won, that joy lasted for a while.
Reply/Quote
Keep up and the window will always open, but for the Bengals it will be tougher than any other team. I believe next year you will watch and cheer for the team again.
It's no surprise that the NFL hates the Bengals. The story of how Paul Brown created the Bengals, to Mike Brown years continue to go against any NFL decision. They changed the rule in the playoff 35 years ago costing us a SB and changed rules this midseason and questionable refs. Mike is like a small local shop owner compare to other ones. AFL or NFL, this team has been through so much heartbreak and frustration.

Many people might be confused but the NFL doesn't have a vendetta against Burrow/Chase. They have an issue with Burrow and Chase playing for the Bengals. If Burrow's on other teams, he wouldn't have ref calls against him to this degree. The NFL understands there are only a few players in the league who can generate this much attention. This loss maybe a blessing for him and Chase. He might be very good or borderline elite on any other playoff team but this team needs a super elite qb and receiver to overcome all of this. He needs to improve more for the sake of reaching the SB again in this team. Mike's pop up shop aka the Bengals might never have an elite oline like the eagles, chiefs, cowboys, sf, or even the ravens/browns. This team won't have Andy Reid/Shanahan but a very young HC. When I think all about it, I might just enjoy every single game next season instead of thinking too far.

Ranting this much and I know for a fact you and I will continue to watch this team next season and hope there's a miracle despite all of these things.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 02:08 AM)tms Wrote: I understand being a fan, but none of us should invest so much in the outcome. Thinking about whether we'll see a SB winner in the next 40-45 years because we couldn't advance past the Championship Game the year after making the SB... yeah that does seem pointless. I assume the bottle's talking.

For one thing, I don't think any of us will gaf if the Bengals have ever hoisted the Lombardi when we're in hospice care. Between now and then, our lives need to be defined by goals that are more personal, grand and rewarding. If I'm still belting it out on a message board about a late flag when I'm 94 years old, the Bengals will be the least of my life's and legacy's concerns.

What a strange and nonsensical manifesto.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:58 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Interesting.  Well, I'm just open to the idea that IF the NFL is rigged THEN we should do what it takes to get on the winning side.

Keep in mind, the Chiefs went 50 years between SB appearances, which they both won...so if they did something to earn the rewards the NFL is now giving them I'm just open to the idea of the Bengals doing the same.

I don't think I would say it's actually rigged. I will just say I believe there are biases between large fanbases and small fanbases (aka more income for the NFL vs less income for the NFL) and between the favored ownerships and the unfavored ownerships. Those biases can tend to tilt views, decisions, or interpretations in a certain way. The margin of victories on the field are often thin enough that small tilts can make big changes. 

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I think we can make up a lot of reasons why Home Teams win easier, but they're professionals. Why are Golden State Warriors 18-6 at home and 6-18 away? You can't tell me refs aren't giving home cooking calls. It's only human to not want 50,000 people to boo at you!
Reply/Quote