Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just Imagine This Group of Weapons in the Pass Game
(03-19-2021, 02:17 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: That level of bad Bengal like logic is what cost Burrow one knee already.

No
No
No

O-line is the only smart play.

How many years did Pitt win this division with Ben under center. Look at what they would do. Draft WR in 2nd, 3rd, or 4th round, burn through him, move on. They were successful because they spent early picks on the right position group... O-line. 

Give Burrow time and he'll make 4th rounders look like 1st rounders. 

He can't make 4th round guards look like 1st rounders.

Why does everyone want the kid on IR again with these Pitts and Chase picks that lead to Michael Jordan at G again... or a prayer that some 3rd round guard can be better then the 4th round guard he's replacing.

Dude, Pittsburgh regularly trots out day 3 picks and CFA's as starters on their OL.  They're probably not the team you want to be pointing at.  In fact, the Bengals have spent more 1st's on OL this century than they have.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 02:42 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: QB - Joe Burrow (100% healthy with a year of experience)

WR - Kenny Golladay  Sammy Watkins
WR - Tee Higgins
WR - Tyler Boyd
TE - Kyle Pitts

Kenny aint worth 18 mil. Specially coming off an injury year.

Wouldn't you guys rather have a Rashod Bateman or even a Terrence Marshall @38? (if we went Pitts @5, or OL)

Someone who would cost alot less, massive upside and talent and could easily shape our WR group for the next 4+years. JMO
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 02:43 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I think Kenny sat that year out when he could’ve returned. He really didn’t like Patricia or the Lions at all

Hilarious maybe..... 
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 02:43 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I think Kenny sat that year out when he could’ve returned. He really didn’t like Patricia or the Lions at all

As pumped as this FA crop has me, I'm not sure if our HC and cat-mascot team are enough of an upgrade from that situation to tickle his pickle.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 02:42 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: QB - Joe Burrow (100% healthy with a year of experience)

WR - Kenny Golladay  Sammy Watkins
WR - Tee Higgins
WR - Tyler Boyd
TE - Kyle Pitts

Kenny aint worth 18 mil. Specially coming off an injury year.

Sammy Watkins is average.  Galloday is probably a top 5 receiver when healthy in a full season.  Sammy was really good, he's just declining now with age.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 03:56 PM)Shouldamapads Wrote: Sammy Watkins is average.  Galloday is probably a top 5 receiver when healthy in a full season.  Sammy was really good, he's just declining now with age.

I think he's a little better than average but I respect you point. However, the #1 was Hill and and very strong Kelsey which could almost be compared to the #2 which left Watkins very limited. So putting him out there with the likes of Higgins and Boyd makes you a hell of a lot stronger than your typical Erickson or Ross (whom both are gone). But in the context of what I was saying, it's still an improvement over what we had and it doesnt wrap 18 mil into 1 player if he's not willing to come down off that price.

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 01:31 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: QB - Joe Burrow (100% healthy with a year of experience)
WR - Kenny Golladay
WR - Tee Higgins
WR - Tyler Boyd
TE - Kyle Pitts

I don't know about the guard and center situation right now, but I know looking this list makes me think of this video...

Replace Golladay with the more affordable Ertz and grab a young WR in round 3 or 4 and better to me. In my scenario we  cut Uzomah also.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 01:59 PM)lone bengal Wrote: I’m only taking Pitts if Sewell is gone.

O-Line is still very important. Can't pass if you're on your a**
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 01:31 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: QB - Brandon Allen (After Burrow gets hurt again because they haven't done enough on the OL.)
WR - Kenny Golladay
WR - Tee Higgins
WR - Tyler Boyd
TE - Kyle Pitts

I don't know about the guard and center situation right now, but I know looking this list makes me think of this video...

Still need to add much more starting quality OL. Right now the Week 1 OL is...

Williams (Who has only been healthy 10 games in 2 years, hurt 3 separate times.)
Jordan
Price (then later Hopkins)
XSF
Reiff

That's still a terrible OL and will see Burrow get hurt again. 

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 04:57 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Replace Golladay with the more affordable Ertz and grab a young WR in round 3 or 4 and better to me. In my scenario we  cut Uzomah also.

Ertz fell off a cliff last year.  Pass.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 05:06 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Still need to add much more starting quality OL. Right now the Week 1 OL is...

Williams (Who has only been healthy 10 games in 2 years, hurt 3 separate times.)
Jordan
XSF
Reiff

I think they go out and get 1 or 2 more guards.  Will they be T1 or 2...no but they'll be serviceable.  

They have to have a plan if they cut Hart lol 

I'm really hoping we do not see Jordan in the line up.  At least until he's ready to play.  

I dont blame the kid i blame the shitty coach Taylor hired.  
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 05:23 PM)TJ528 Wrote: I think they go out and get 1 or 2 more guards.  Will they be T1 or 2...no but they'll be serviceable.  

They have to have a plan if they cut Hart lol 

I'm really hoping we do not see Jordan in the line up.  At least until he's ready to play.  

I dont blame the kid i blame the shitty coach Taylor hired.  

If you're talking t3 G, they have already done that with XSF and Miller each of the previous two years. That's not the level of players they need to add. They are good depth guys, but neither have any business starting if you want to be a good team and want to protect your 1st overall pick QB.

Jordan was a 4th round comp pick, essentially a 5th round pick and he's been really bad for both of his years now. Odds are he'll never be ready. Changing OL Coaches doesn't mean bad guys suddenly become good, and you can't risk Burrow's health and waste another year trying to figure out if guys who've been terrible for years will suddenly see the light. They've dicked around with the OL for an embarrassingly long time now. Fix it.

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 05:06 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Still need to add much more starting quality OL. Right now the Week 1 OL is...

Jordan
XSF
Reiff

Hopkins is on track to be back for TC.  
Reply/Quote
We need to sign Spain just to make sure Jordan never see's the field. But beyond that we have to draft OG/C and OT for potential starters and/or better quality depth.

As of now, I would do

Williams, Adeniji, Price, XSF, Reiff

We have to make more OL moves, period. There will be more cuts coming in the NFL and we should jump on any competent OG that comes available. And of course draft more OLmen.

But back to the original poster. Yeah weapons are needed as well. We lost AJ, Ross and Erickson. We could use another 1 or 2 WR's and a TE. Draft or FA, either way Burrow needs more weapons and depth in the WR room.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 05:47 PM)Whatever Wrote: Hopkins is on track to be back for TC.  

And AJ Green is expected to be back for Week 1, and Joe Mixon is week-to-week.

Trey Hopkins is a 315lb man who tore his ACL just 2.5 months ago (January 3rd, not sure when he had surgery). Even if he is back for Week 1 (call me doubtful), it's highly unlikely he'll be back to 100%, and even 100% Trey Hopkins is just a passable starter. Anything less than 100% Hopkins is a bad starter.

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 02:17 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: The Titans have a crap defense and that didn’t stop them from being successful and run focused. Your point?

1) The Titans have the best RB in the league, a 2000 yard rusher. It doesn't matter how good of an OL you get, Mixon ain't gonna be that.
2) They lost in the wildcard round 13-20 to BAL, who also is a run-oriented team and has a way better defense than TEN. BAL then lost to BUF 3-17 in the divisional round.

So my point is while a great running game can get you to the playoffs, you very likely aren't contending for a Super Bowl with just that. You will need a really good defense and/or passing attack to go with it.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
This a very deep offensive tackle class. There will most likely be good options at the top of the 2nd round. Taking a play maker at #5 and someone like Jalen Mayfield or Dillon Radunz at #38 would not be out of the question. There are also quite a few mid round developmental guys they should look at...

Not taking Sewell and taking a playmaker wouldnt be the worst thing in the world with Reiff penciled in at RT for 2021.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 05:54 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Trey Hopkins is a 315lb man who tore his ACL just 2.5 months ago (January 3rd, not sure when he had surgery). Even if he is back for Week 1 (call me doubtful), it's highly unlikely he'll be back to 100%, and even 100% Trey Hopkins is just a passable starter. Anything less than 100% Hopkins is a bad starter.

Yeah, I don't get that timeline either.  I saw Tyler Dragon (great name btw) report they expected him back by camp and I wondered the same thing.

7 month recovery for an ACL tear on a 300 pound lineman?  That seems like wishful thinking.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 05:59 PM)ochocincos Wrote: 1) The Titans have the best RB in the league, a 2000 yard rusher. It doesn't matter how good of an OL you get, Mixon ain't gonna be that.
2) They lost in the wildcard round 13-20 to BAL, who also is a run-oriented team and has a way better defense than TEN. BAL then lost to BUF 3-17 in the divisional round.

So my point is while a great running game can get you to the playoffs, you very likely aren't contending for a Super Bowl with just that. You will need a really good defense and/or passing attack to go with it.
In the NFL you don't need a great running game, you need a serviceable one. One that'll keep defenses guessing.  Mixon gives you that.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 06:46 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Yeah, I don't get that timeline either.  I saw Tyler Dragon (great name btw) report they expected him back by camp and I wondered the same thing.

7 month recovery for an ACL tear on a 300 pound lineman?  That seems like wishful thinking.

Likely means it was only a partial tear.  I remember back in the day Steve Tovar had surgery on a torn ACL in the middle of the season and only missed a month.
Reply/Quote