Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just.....NO
This is directly from Bengals Twitter:

"We have the right guys here. We have the right type of people here. Everybody is going to stick together. We have this from the beginning, regardless of the circumstances of these games, we've stuck together."

Are they serious!? It’s like they are talking to parents of a 5th grade PeeWee team. “WE HAVE THE RIGHT GUYS HERE” ....WTF! Did they even watch the game Monday night? It’s just unbelievable they think we can’t see that this team is a shit show. What is worse, is that I seriously think they believe this crap they are spewing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Whose quote?
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 10:16 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Whose quote?

It doesn’t say. It sounds like a Taylor bit, but at this point I’m pretty sure Brown and Tobin have given him his talking points.
Reply/Quote
That's just standard coach speak. He's not going to stand there and say our QB sucks, our OT's suck. our LBers suck, we have a CB who can't tackle to save his ass, 4 games into the season. I'm quite sure ZT knows the shortcomings on this team but it was impossible to fix them in 5 months or whatever.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 10:30 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: That's just standard coach speak. He's not going to stand there and say our QB sucks, our OT's suck. our LBers suck, we have a CB who can't tackle to save his ass, 4 games into the season. I'm quite sure ZT knows the shortcomings on this team but it was impossible to fix them in 5 months or whatever.

Exactly. If he calls out players, there's a chance those players turn on him and stop trying at all (or refuse to play like Antonio Brown did with Oakland). One would think he realizes the team did a poor job of bringing in good talent and/or developing it quick enough at certain positions (OL, LB specifically). Also, at this point, there really aren't better options out there to just magically bring in. Gotta ride with what ya got this year and make personnel adjustments after the season.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 10:30 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: That's just standard coach speak. He's not going to stand there and say our QB sucks, our OT's suck. our LBers suck, we have a CB who can't tackle to save his ass, 4 games into the season. I'm quite sure ZT knows the shortcomings on this team but it was impossible to fix them in 5 months or whatever.

But why not say that. Why do we treat pro athletes like 5 year olds. If I suck at my job, I’m definitely going to hear about it. Why not say, “ Our offensive line play is unacceptable from top to bottom, if they can’t get the job done, then we’ll find guys who can.” These are grown men getting paid millions to play a game and no one should give a damn if their feelings are hurt. Especially the coach.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 10:14 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: This is directly from Bengals Twitter:

"We have the right guys here. We have the right type of people here. Everybody is going to stick together. We have this from the beginning, regardless of the circumstances of these games, we've stuck together."

Are they serious!? It’s like they are talking to parents of a 5th grade PeeWee team. “WE HAVE THE RIGHT GUYS HERE” ....WTF! Did they even watch the game Monday night? It’s just unbelievable they think we can’t see that this team is a shit show. What is worse, is that I seriously think they believe this crap they are spewing.

Wow! They'd be better off just saying nothing at all. This makes them look stupid, which they probably are since they had to go and say it.

Can you imagine Jerry Jones coming out and saying this if his team were 0-4 and showed that much chaos on the field? No, he'd say "I support our guys, but things need to improve and quickly."

The ship is sinking, it's icy water, not other ship is responding to your radio calls, there aren't enough life rafts, but they had the right guys to run that ship. Sure they did.  Sad

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 10:42 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: But why not say that. Why do we treat pro athletes like 5 year olds. If I suck at my job, I’m definitely going to hear about it. Why not say, “ Our offensive line play is unacceptable from top to bottom, if they can’t get the job done, then we’ll find guys who can.”  These are grown men getting paid millions to play a game and no one should give a damn if their feelings are hurt. Especially the coach.

There's a time and a place for that and it's not during a filmed press conference. You praise in public and chew ass in private, SOP everywhere.

How would you like it if your boss called you out front and chewed your ass at a company meeting. "Hey gamma you suck at your job, I could hire a trained monkey to do what you do."

We'll never hear what's being said in private, in the locker room and the office.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 10:42 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: But why not say that. Why do we treat pro athletes like 5 year olds. If I suck at my job, I’m definitely going to hear about it. Why not say, “ Our offensive line play is unacceptable from top to bottom, if they can’t get the job done, then we’ll find guys who can.”  These are grown men getting paid millions to play a game and no one should give a damn if their feelings are hurt. Especially the coach.

In all fairness, most leaders who are worth their salt don't publicly slag on their underlings.  The only thing ZT could do during this 0-4 start that would make things worse would be to spend his time at the podium whining about how he's a victim and only a fool would expect him to win with the hand he's been dealt.  Also, he spent the off-season talking about Bobby Hart and Jim Turner being awesome, so the guy has been full of crap since day 1 whether we wanted to admit it or not.  

It's also interesting that during the off-season we were crowing about how there is no way a roster this talented and win-now would win less than 7 or 8 games and now that we are 0-4 and ZT looks lost we finally start to decide that we have one of the most talent-poor rosters in the NFL. 
Reply/Quote

Very very rarely do you get positive results from negativeative reinforcement. What would the Bengals coaches or management gain from publically shaming their players? Where's the win there?

Besides that, what would otherer players outside the org think? Who would want to signgn with a team that admonishes people publically?

Risk vs reward.
Reply/Quote

How upset would you be if you got criticized publicly vs having a private conversation within your organization?
We don't know these tough conversations aren't being had behind closed doors, we just know they aren't criticizing publicly.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 11:02 AM)ochocincos Wrote: How upset would you be if you got criticized publicly vs having a private conversation within your organization?
We don't know these tough conversations aren't being had behind closed doors, we just know they aren't criticizing publicly.

The best thing to be said in public would be nothing at all right now. If the coach has to say something, then he should be taking the blame for the choas on the field, lack of adjustments to what the Steelers were doing, etc. No need to mention players.

But, I'm not sure that was ZT who said it. Sounds more like something from Troy to me. It says, "We have the right type of people here." Doesn't say "players", but "people" which I took to mean coaches.

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 11:08 AM)BengalChris Wrote: The best thing to be said in public would be nothing at all right now. If the coach has to say something, then he should be taking the blame for the choas on the field, lack of adjustments to what the Steelers were doing, etc. No need to mention players.

But, I'm not sure that was ZT who said it. Sounds more like something from Troy to me.

I agree. Praise others when things go well, take the blame when things go poorly. That's what a leader does.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 10:16 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Whose quote?

This was what Dalton said in his postgame press conference.
Reply/Quote
I don't have a problem with this. You don't dog your players in public. If you want to watch a real implosion, go ahead and have Zac start saying his players suck during press conferences. Support them in public, and then discuss everything realistically in private.
Reply/Quote
I kinda feel bad for the people that are tasked with running the Bengals social media account that’s a tough job lol. I like reading the comments on Bengals twitter there hilarious. I remember last year the Bengals tweeted happy holidays and every reply was shut up and fire Marvin. Also they were telling fans tickets were available for a December game and asked fans to come watch and one comment said “ I’d rather shit my pants “ lol. Making fun of the Bengals when they suck for me takes away from some of the misery of being a fan.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 10:54 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: There's a time and a place for that and it's not during a filmed press conference. You praise in public and chew ass in private, SOP everywhere.

How would you like it if your boss called you out front and chewed your ass at a company meeting. "Hey gamma you suck at your job, I could hire a trained monkey to do what you do."

We'll never hear what's being said in private, in the locker room and the office.

The difference is my job performance isn’t broadcast on NATIONAL TV for the world to see! We already know they suck, we’ve seen it, but we keep hearing these guys are the “right guys”. And if I was called out for doing a bad job....It would motivate me to do better, I wouldn’t cower in the corner and pout like a child.
Reply/Quote
The comments on the tweet itself are pretty good.

https://twitter.com/Bengals/status/1179184217579606016

“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 11:14 AM)lone bengal Wrote: I kinda feel bad for the people that are tasked with running the Bengals social media account that’s a tough job lol. I like reading the comments on Bengals twitter there hilarious. I remember last year the Bengals tweeted happy holidays and every reply was shut up and fire Marvin. Also they were telling fans tickets were available for a December game and asked fans to come watch and  one comment said “ I’d rather shit my pants “ lol. Making fun of the Bengals when they suck for me takes away from some of the misery of being a fan.

Making fun of the Bengals when they suck does take away the sting and bring some laughs. With that being said, check out our new logo everyone.

[Image: KWQtKkskN6RqPfH4C776W_qcAerjKPsU-NZ-8xv0...f954ffd219]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 11:15 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: The difference is my job performance isn’t broadcast on NATIONAL TV for the world to see! We already know they suck, we’ve seen it, but we keep hearing these guys are the “right guys”. And if I was called out for doing a bad job....It would motivate me to do better, I wouldn’t cower in the corner and pout like a child.

The players are put in a lousy situation, too so if you have players playing for a HC and his poker buddies who are all in over their heads and they are getting beaten down and losing because the craptastic owner and they are publicly humiliated any more than playing on national TV gets them they're going to want to go to organizations that put them in a position to embarrass themselves less.

You can only call out performances if you as a leader are spotless.  Mike Brown quantifiably sucks at his job, and so does ZT until further notice, so calling out the players right now would be a total d-bag move and rather pointless.  I know right now we want to somehow straddle this line where Marvin and Lazor ruined the ultra-talented Bengals in the past 3 years and now ZT is taking over a completely talent-free crap squad but it just ain't so. 
Reply/Quote