Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just another example ...
... of the difference between the types of coaches Belichick and Lewis.

Yesterday, against the Steelers, with just under 1:50 left to go in the first half, Steelers were in a goal-to-go situation (can't remember if it was 1st or 2nd down, but it doesn't matter). The Pats HC calls a timeout and proceeds to use up all his timeouts in an effort to have enough time to try to score before the half. The Pats end up not doing much but they, at least, tried.

My only thought during those moments was that Lewis would NEVER have called timeout and would have preferred to let the clock run down.

I know this isn't news to anyone, but I'm just so fed up with Lewis' same old coaching style that hasn't seemingly changed in who knows how many years.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 03:08 PM)PhilHos Wrote: ... of the difference between the types of coaches Belichick and Lewis.

Yesterday, against the Steelers, with just under 1:50 left to go in the first half, Steelers were in a goal-to-go situation (can't remember if it was 1st or 2nd down, but it doesn't matter). The Pats HC calls a timeout and proceeds to use up all his timeouts in an effort to have enough time to try to score before the half. The Pats end up not doing much but they, at least, tried.

My only thought during those moments was that Lewis would NEVER have called timeout and would have preferred to let the clock run down. Coaches coach depending on how the game is going.

I know this isn't news to anyone, but I'm just so fed up with Lewis' same old coaching style that hasn't seemingly changed in who knows how many years.

Yeah, but did you see Tomlin happy to let the clock run down? Looks like he'll never be a Belichick either.

This is just another one of those Urban Legends.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Mediocre Marv has no business even being in the same paragraph as Bill Bilicheck.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 03:08 PM)PhilHos Wrote: ... of the difference between the types of coaches Belichick and Lewis.

My only thought during those moments was that Lewis would NEVER have called timeout and would have preferred to let the clock run down.

Couldn't agree more and I said this same thing in the game day thread. There's no urban legend about it !

I've seen numerous examples just this season of other teams/HC's doing their utmost to make every possession count no matter how much time is left or what the field position is.

Marvin on the other hand looks to run the clock out and plays scared - always. 
Reply/Quote
Come on, the guy is salary, not hourly. Stretching out the final two minutes of a half comes out of his time, not Brown's.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 03:19 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Mediocre Marv has no business even being in the same paragraph as Bill Belichick.

Nor does Mike Tomlin.
Reply/Quote

:andy:
Reply/Quote
Trying to score more before halftime is journalistic jargon.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Remember the hail mary against the browns? Should've taken a knee...

That being said, I agree that we are too conservative very frequently.
Reply/Quote
Where would the Falcons or Pats be if Marvin was their coach
Reply/Quote
Try and score before halftime!? That's allowed?
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 03:19 PM)Wyche Wrote: Mediocre Marv has no business even being in the same paragraph as Bill Bilicheck.

or book! 
Reply/Quote