Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just remember...
At the beginning of the season how many of you predicted we would beat the Ravens on the road?

Now how many of you will melt down if it does not happen?

Never be "satisfied" with a loss.  But at the same time try to keep some perspective.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2021, 07:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: At the beginning of the season how many of you predicted we would beat the Ravens on the road?

Now how many of you will melt down if it does not happen?

Never be "satisfied" with a loss.  But at the same time try to keep some perspective.

Yep, a great many posters here had all 6 division games penciled in as losses
Reply/Quote
I wasn't upset after the Packers loss. Yeah we had more than one opportunity to win it, and should have, but that is a legit contender, and the Bengals hung with them. Contenders blew our doors off the past few seasons.

The Bengals are taking this game though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2021, 07:54 PM)jason Wrote: I wasn't upset after the Packers loss. Yeah we had more than one opportunity to win it, and should have, but that is a legit contender, and the Bengals hung with them. Contenders blew our doors off the past few seasons.

The Bengals are taking this game though.

I totally get your sentiment and is a nice perspective. But have to admit, I was absolutely gutted after the GB loss. It was an emotional roller coaster lol.
Reply/Quote
Eh I feel like we are right there... gotta turn in two halfs instead of one. We do that I'll put us up with anyone IDC
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2021, 08:10 PM)Dr.Z Wrote: I totally get your sentiment and is a nice perspective. But have to admit, I was absolutely gutted after the GB loss. It was an emotional roller coaster lol.

Felt like I was playing in that game. It was exhausting!
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Expectations have been realigned, and I fully expect people to be upset if the Bengals lose on Sunday. At this point, we know that the team has the potential to be a good to very good team, and if they blow it this game, everyone should be disappointed. If there isn’t disappointment, then have those expectations really been realigned?

Yes, everyone would have taken a 4-3 start if you told them that could happen at the beginning of the season. But it isn’t the beginning of the season anymore.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2021, 08:39 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: Expectations have been realigned, and I fully expect people to be upset if the Bengals lose on Sunday. At this point, we know that the team has the potential to be a good to very good team, and if they blow it this game, everyone should be disappointed. If there isn’t disappointment, then have those expectations really been realigned?

Yes, everyone would have taken a 4-3 start if you told them that could happen at the beginning of the season. But it isn’t the beginning of the season anymore.

If we lose, I'm gonna' be pissed.  And how the hell are you old buddy?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2021, 08:47 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: If we lose, I'm gonna' be pissed.  And how the hell are you old buddy?

I’m good, my brother! Everything is great on my end. How are you?

And, I’ve learned to temper my Bengals expectations over the years, but they have me amped up for them again (after I told myself I wouldn’t let them back in). I won’t be freaking out if they lose, but it would be more disappointing than any other loss in the last 3 years, no matter how well they play.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2021, 08:54 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: I’m good, my brother! Everything is great on my end. How are you?

And, I’ve learned to temper my Bengals expectations over the years, but they have me amped up for them again (after I told myself I wouldn’t let them back in). I won’t be freaking out if they lose, but it would be more disappointing than any other loss in the last 3 years, no matter how well they play.

I'm good too man.  

I agree with tempering your expectations.  And I am all in on this season.  Maybe, just maybe the curse is...off?
Reply/Quote
Not sold we are going to lose this game.

Lamar is a beast, but their defensive backs have to stop our WR's as well.

Think it will be a close game personally and if Ravens overlook it at all they're going to be in trouble. .

Yet agree with OP that most had conceded this game as a loss long ago.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2021, 09:24 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Not sold we are going to lose this game.

Lamar is a beast, but their defensive backs have to stop our WR's as well.  

Think it will be a close game personally and if Ravens overlook it at all they're going to be in trouble. .  

Yet agree with OP that most had conceded this game as a loss long ago.

It will really be interesting to see. Wink is a good coordinator and will certainly have some wrinkles for the offense. 

To me the only way this game is a let down is if it ends up like the Ravens games last year where the Bengals just didn't show up to play at all. As long as they are competitive and it is a good game, not going to be too worried about the outcome.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
If this team can be ready to win games like this one in 2021, then that's found money. This game and several others on the schedule late in the season will provide good barometers as to how far they've truly progressed.

I hope like hell that they win this one, but if they don't, another chance won't be far down the road.
Reply/Quote
Nobody predicted a winning season other than fringe homers who predict a winning season every year. LOL

But yes even if we lose, we're still having a good season. If we're not in the Super Bowl hunt this year, it's coming. That said, I think we beat the Ravens. This team is built to take on Lamar. We loaded up on run stoppers and corners who can tackle on the outside.

And we all know Lamar ain't beating Burrow with his arm, so...
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2021, 10:03 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Nobody predicted a winning season other than fringe homers who predict a winning season every year. LOL

But yes even if we lose, we're still having a good season. If we're not in the Super Bowl hunt this year, it's coming. That said, I think we beat the Ravens. This team is built to take on Lamar. We loaded up on run stoppers and corners who can tackle on the outside.

And we all know Lamar ain't beating Burrow with his arm, so...

I don't think any of us saw the production of some of our FA signings coming.  And we were all figuring we once again got screwed by our first pick again.  But Chase has really started of well.  TC scared the crap outta me.  Thought the boy couldn't catch anything.

I think we're going to be able to compete with just about anybody, if we are healthy.  I think this game is our statement.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2021, 10:30 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I don't think any of us saw the production of some of our FA signings coming.  And we were all figuring we once again got screwed by our first pick again.  But Chase has really started of well.  TC scared the crap outta me.  Thought the boy couldn't catch anything.

I think we're going to be able to compete with just about anybody, if we are healthy.  I think this game is our statement.

My prediction was 9-10 wins
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2021, 10:50 PM)Sled21 Wrote: My prediction was 9-10 wins

I feel like that was a reasonable prediction.  I didn't make any, but I would probably have predicted 10 wins.  
Reply/Quote
I'm leaning more towards the Ravens winning this game. I felt like the Ravens were probably going to sweep us this season anyways. I just don't want the team to embarrass themselves this weekend.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2021, 08:10 PM)Dr.Z Wrote: I totally get your sentiment and is a nice perspective.   But have to admit, I was absolutely gutted after the GB loss.  It was an emotional roller coaster lol.
Right there with you. I honestly felt like the Bengals were the better team. Outside of Rogers and Adam’s we were better.  We had every chance to win it but just couldn’t close it. If we can contain Lamar and Marc Andrew’s we win.  Don’t let them beat us 
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2021, 10:03 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Nobody predicted a winning season other than fringe homers who predict a winning season every year. LOL

(10-22-2021, 10:50 PM)Sled21 Wrote: My prediction was 9-10 wins

Goes together like peanut butter and jelly....
Reply/Quote