Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Justin Herbert in 4th quarter
Justin Herbert leads the NFL in.  .  .  
4th quarter passing yards (1021)
4th quarter comebacks (5) 
4th quarter game winning drives (5) 
4th quarter total tds (9) tied with Patrick Mahommes

Hopefully it won't be close in the 4th quarter, but don't write off the Chargers too early.
Reply/Quote
Someone can remind me but has Burrow led a 4th quarter come back yet... think the Jags may be the only one.

Obviously we know he should of had 1 last year vs. the Chargers
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Then we need to put them away early ala the Stealers. Put the foot on the throat and don't let up.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2021, 06:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Justin Herbert leads the NFL in.  .  .  

Hopefully it won't be close in the 4th quarter, but don't write off the Chargers too early.

Herbert is the next best QB in NFL ..IMO
Ive been nothing but extremely impressed with him...I cant see any weakness in his game.
Super acurate deep ball with a howitzer for arm
can throw on the run
can run and get 1st downs
smart
makes good decisions in pocket

Best QB to come out in a long time 
Reply/Quote
Really surprised this game wasn’t flexed so the NFL could hype up this QB matchup. It’s a damn good one.
Reply/Quote
Herbert is a fun QB to watch and the Bengals defense will have their hands full dealing with him all day.

Bengals are playing well too and should be a fun game to watch that hopefully for us does not feature Herbert in a 4th quarter heroic role.

Just keep Justin mostly on the sideline watching the Joe Mixon show this Sunday.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Herbert’s good but very overrated currently.

Got a ton of praise last year, which was mainly deserving, but he’s currently still riding off that hype. Not many people watch the chargers, so when people say he’s great, most people just accept it and take it at face value
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2021, 06:34 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Someone can remind me but has Burrow led a 4th quarter come back yet... think the Jags may be the only one.

Obviously we know he should of had 1 last year vs. the Chargers

Who needs them when you’re whooping their asses?
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2021, 06:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Justin Herbert leads the NFL in.  .  .  

Only 3 teams are better than the Chargers in 4th quarter scoring. The Bengals are one of those teams.
Reply/Quote
I’ve heard they make a lot of mistakes. Herbert also makes bad throws. He hasn’t reached the plateau we hope burrow gets too By next year either.

I hope we get to the 4th where we can exploit Mixon and Perine and churn clock and score points.

Hope it’s not a blow out where the chargers get hot.
Reply/Quote
Let's repeat this week, score at least 2 times in 1st quarter, we can trail control early a d less likely a 4th quarter come back
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2021, 06:49 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Herbert is the next best QB in NFL ..IMO
Ive been nothing but extremely impressed with him...I cant see any weakness in his game.
Super acurate deep ball with a howitzer for arm
can throw on the run
can run and get 1st downs
smart
makes good decisions in pocket

Best QB to come out in a long time 

Herbert is very good. But he has had some accuracy issues this year at times. The pick 6 he threw last sunday to Patrick Surtain was a little high with too much heat on it for Ekeler to handle. If we can give him some tight windows to throw in then we might be able to continue the positive turn over trend. I'm hoping Apple can extend his pick streak to 3 games.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2021, 07:32 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Herbert’s good but very overrated currently.  

Got a ton of praise last year, which was mainly deserving, but he’s currently still riding off that hype. Not many people watch the chargers, so when people say he’s great, most people just accept it and take it at face value

I think he has massive potential and all of the tools,  but I kind of agree with you.  The box score vs Denver certainly doesn't tell the whole story of his performance.  Having said that, I also totally agree with the original post's sentiment regarding this game.  
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2021, 07:32 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Herbert’s good but very overrated currently.  

below are 3 QBs and stats this year, which one is overrated? I argue none, all are good with C having a outstanding year . 

3,230 yds, 26 tds  10 ints 96 rating
B. 2,835 yes 23 td 12 ints 102 rating
C. 2790 yes 22 tds 5 ints 96 rating

A. Herbert
B. Burrow
C. Wentz
Reply/Quote
This game may come down to which QB makes the least mistakes. As much as I support Burrow let's not forget he has been throwing a lot of INTs this year. He has 12 so far (tied for 2nd most with Jackson) and Herbert is not far behind with 10. I think the Bengals DBs have not been playing great 100% of the time. Apple has had a couple of good games the last few weeks so let's hope that continues.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2021, 08:19 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote:  below are 3 QBs and stats this year, which one is overrated? I argue none, all are good with C having a outstanding year . 

3,230 yds, 26 tds  10 ints 96 rating
B. 2,835 yes 23 td 12 ints 102 rating
C. 2790 yes 22 tds 5 ints 96 rating

A. Herbert
B. Burrow
C. Wentz

Carson Wentz has a pretty poor completion % by today’s standards. 62.8

Herbert hasn’t taken a big leap in year 2

Burrow’s having a stud year. Big leap from year 1 statistically

Burrow has thrown a lot of ints, but Herbert is right behind him
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2021, 08:28 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Carson Wentz has a pretty poor completion % by today’s standards. 62.8

Herbert hasn’t taken a big leap in year 2

Burrow’s having a stud year. Big leap from year 1 statistically

Burrow has thrown a lot of ints, but Herbert is right behind him
Wentz is securing the ball and keeping Indy in games
Herbert showing last year was no fluke as 3rd QB drafted
Burrow showing what is expected of #1 pick in draft needs to do in 2nd year...

None are overrated and Burrow and Herbert look to be setting up the possible next top young QBs of the future.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2021, 08:34 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Wentz is securing the ball and keeping Indy in games
Herbert showing last year was no fluke as 3rd QB drafted
Burrow showing what is expected of #1 pick in draft needs to do in 2nd year...

None are overrated and Burrow and Herbert look to be setting up the possible next top young QBs of the future.

Herbert’s a little overrated currently

Wentz is slightly underrated

Burrow is better than Herbert
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2021, 08:36 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Herbert’s a little overrated currently

Wentz is slightly underrated

Burrow is better than Herbert

Nope but good trying to pit down Herbert what is this fixation have to do with?
Reply/Quote
Well if we play up to our ability Chargers will need to come back in 4th as we have 8th ranked def to Chargers 27th ranked
Reply/Quote