Justin Hill, Tulsa Rb coach, has been hired as RB coach for the Bengals

https://tulsahurricane.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/justin-hill/243

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
welcome to the jungle.....
Reply/Quote
..... who?
Reply/Quote
Now we know when they announce an interview that will NOT be the hire.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I am from Tulsa.

I have never heard of him before. Welcome to Cincinnati, though. Best of luck.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2021, 02:16 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: ..... who?

Many NFL Coaches get their shot by performing well in the College ranks.  Read his bio, his coaching record is solid.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
As long as it's not Jeremy....
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2021, 02:26 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Many NFL Coaches get their shot by performing well in the College ranks.  Read his bio, his coaching record is solid.

I am cool with it then.  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
https://tulsahurricane.com/news/2020/9/11/football-tulsas-running-back-group-second-only-to-clemson.aspx
Reply/Quote
Is it official as nothing on the website? If it is i'm Looking forward to seeing what Pollock and Hill come up with for Mixon, Bernard & Perine
Reply/Quote
From what i understand this and the promotion of several others has finalized our 2021 staff.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2021, 02:26 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Read his bio, his coaching record is solid.

I mean, he has one legitimate coaching job on his resume (Tulsa).  Previously he was in adminstrative role, and prior to that he was a grad assistant.

Fwiw, I'm not pointing this out to say it's a bad hire.  Tulsa had a really decent run game this year.  As a UC fan I can tell you they ran on us better than anyone else did all year.  But I don't think you can point to this resume and say it's "solid".

To each their own...
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2021, 02:35 PM)Sled21 Wrote: As long as it's not Jeremy....

"Protecting the ball with two hands? What's that?"

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2021, 03:33 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: Is it official as nothing on the website? If it is i'm Looking forward to seeing what Pollock and Hill come up with for Mixon, Bernard & Perine

It is official on the front of the main page here. Troy Walters is our new WR coach as well.

I really like the Pollack, Hobby, Walters, Hill pick ups. Just wish we moved on from Lou.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2021, 04:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It is official on the front of the main page here. Troy Walters is our new WR coach as well.

I really like the Pollack, Hobby, Walters, Hill pick ups. Just wish we moved on from Lou.

Totally agree Nate
Just checked the website again and now showing here
Reply/Quote
So I feel like this was a scenario of a runner up being hired. We held the belief that the job was open for so long because it was going to be a coach involved with the Super Bowl, but then it is someone we could have hired more than a month ago. This leads me to believe their actual target declined the position.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2021, 03:54 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I mean, he has one legitimate coaching job on his resume (Tulsa).  Previously he was in adminstrative role, and prior to that he was a grad assistant.

Fwiw, I'm not pointing this out to say it's a bad hire.  Tulsa had a really decent run game this year.  As a UC fan I can tell you they ran on us better than anyone else did all year.  But I don't think you can point to this resume and say it's "solid".

To each their own...

Associate Director of Athletic Performance for Football at Baylor is no bullshit role.  Likely means he knows a good bit about body Science, Strength and Conditioning.  I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss what he's achieved thus far in his career.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2021, 08:07 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: So I feel like this was a scenario of a runner up being hired.  We held the belief that the job was open for so long because it was going to be a coach involved with the Super Bowl, but then it is someone we could have hired more than a month ago.  This leads me to believe their actual target declined the position.

Not sure if it was this or not, but my understanding is the guy they wanted has cancer. Maybe he decided coaching wasn't in his best interest anymore.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2021, 03:54 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I mean, he has one legitimate coaching job on his resume (Tulsa).  Previously he was in adminstrative role, and prior to that he was a grad assistant.

To each their own...

Thanks for setting us all straight....RolleyesRolleyesRolleyes
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2021, 09:23 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Not sure if it was this or not, but my understanding is the guy they wanted has cancer. Maybe he decided coaching wasn't in his best interest anymore.

Well that sucks.  Hopefully treatment leaves him healthy and unscathed.
Reply/Quote