Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Justin Tucker = MVP
(10-02-2015, 01:02 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Ida know, the Steelers had a backup QB and a kicker who was hardly automatic and the Ravens had Flacco.  Seems they both had their hands tied.

And Flacco lost Steve Smith Sr. early in the game.  Nothing on the shelf after him and Gillmore, who is also injured. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2015, 08:46 AM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Man I went to bed after Flacco was sacked on 4th down with like 2 mins left. Can someone give me run down of what happened that allowed Baltimore to regain possession and then to tie it?? Please?

Actually after that sack the refs put a few seconds back on the clock which was huge because the game clock was reset to 2:04.  That allowed for the 2 minute timeout, plus the Ravens had a time out.  They got the ball back with a little over a minute and had a couple of decent plays to get them down the field for a Justin Tucker field goal with 3 seconds left.  This tied that game and it went to OT.

In OT, Tomlin went for it twice, once on 4th and 2 and another on 4th and 1 (because he didn't trust Scobee to make the kick since he had missed 2 already).  Both times it backfired, and neither time did they go to LeVeon Bell.  Tomlin got too cute and it eventually cost his team the game as Baltimore made a few plays to get it close enough for a Tucker game winning field goal; 52 yards if I remember correctly.

It was unbelievable!  I'll be the Pitts boards are lighting up today.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2015, 08:48 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I was puzzled by your (factual) post until I read the last line. 

Absolutely!  Vick was scrambling a lot and doesn't seem to have that clock in his head (still!) about when to get rid of the ball.  He took a lot of hits.  If he keeps that up, I don't see him lasting for the games Vagiburger is going to be missing.  Who is behind Vick?  Landry Jones.  Now THAT would be fun to watch. 

I thought they still had Gradkowski?
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2015, 08:52 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Actually after that sack the refs put a few seconds back on the clock which was huge because the game clock was reset to 2:04.  That allowed for the 2 minute timeout, plus the Ravens had a time out.  They got the ball back with a little over a minute and had a couple of decent plays to get them down the field for a Justin Tucker field goal with 3 seconds left.  This tied that game and it went to OT.

In OT, Tomlin went for it twice, once on 4th and 2 and another on 4th and 1 (because he didn't trust Scobee to make the kick since he had missed 2 already).  Both times it backfired, and neither time did they go to LeVeon Bell.  Tomlin got too cute and it eventually cost his team the game as Baltimore made a few plays to get it close enough for a Tucker game winning field goal; 52 yards if I remember correctly.

It was unbelievable!  I'll be the Pitts boards are lighting up today.
Thanks. 

I heard the refs ask to reset the game clock. That was the play of the game. I didn't realize Baltimore had one TO left. As someone said, those two teams brutalized each other. It couldn't have worked out better for our Bengals. 
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2015, 08:59 AM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Thanks. 

I heard the refs ask to reset the game clock. That was the play of the game. I didn't realize Baltimore had one TO left. As someone said, those two teams brutalized each other. It couldn't have worked out better for our Bengals. 

Yep, it was a good night.  Now just got to keep winning to keep the distance.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2015, 02:30 AM)BengalintheCbus Wrote: Agree with everyone here. Both coaches made questionable calls. Took 2 things away from this... 1. We are def. the best team in the division 2. Pittsburgh will struggle until Ben returns. Antonio Brown looked mortal with Vick at QB
I don't know that Brown looked mortal as much as Vick just couldn't get him the ball.

I do have him on my fantasy squad in my big money league and wanted to roll up there and beat him when he dropped that touchdown because that would have gotten me 11.5 more points, but Tucker got me 15.4, so that helped.

If I lose by 11.4 or less, I will find out where Brown lives and castrate him. 
(10-02-2015, 07:17 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I've got the other great kicker.  Gostkowski.  He's scored me 18 points and 15 points in games already this year.  

Dude in my one fantasy league just dropped Gostowski and I have Tucker.

I tried to drop Tucker and pick-up Gostkowski (figuring I'd get the jump on the league since he's on a bye and my kicker already played, so no one else would pick him up because no one will waste a bench spot on a kicker on a bye when they already have one), but they locked me from dropping Tucker.  Hopefully, I can get him on waivers, but doubtful since I'm second-last in waiver priority.

I was PISSED at that stupid fake field goal attempt and figured it would somehow end up costing me the week, but turned out ok.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2015, 12:58 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Ravens and Steelers had less than 100 hours to recover from their games on Sunday before they played tonight. I can't believe the players union allows this. I guess everyone agrees because they get a little more money.

And then they have to go into overtime. Those two teams beat hard on each other. This game may have a toll on them beyond this next week.

It is like a pitcher in baseball. A good starter can throw 100 pitches every 5 days all summer long. But if you push him past a certain threshold in just one game, even if it is only by 20 or 30 pitches, it can mess him up for weeks.  Same thing if you try to use him on just 2 or 3 days rest. It can throw him off for a while.

Lets hope both teams still have dead legs in their next games.

TNF is one of the dumbest things in sports.

Most logical solution would be to use teams coming off a bye week to play, but then the league would lose 8 weeks, so no way in Hell that's ever happening.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2015, 02:30 AM)BengalintheCbus Wrote:  Pittsburgh will struggle until Ben returns. 

To be fair he only had 3 days to prepare for the start.

He should be better by next game, but even at his best he is not close to Roethlisberger. As much as I hate to admit it Ben is headed for the Hall of Fame.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2015, 02:30 AM)BengalintheCbus Wrote: Agree with everyone here. Both coaches made questionable calls. Took 2 things away from this... 1. We are def. the best team in the division 2. Pittsburgh will struggle until Ben returns. Antonio Brown looked mortal with Vick at QB

Brown is super talented, but he's also a big ol' baby of a me-first diva.  It's easy for people to forgive and forget that when they are winning, but even this single loss brings the not-so-awesome side of Brown to light.  Here's hoping there is more.  
Reply/Quote
Great game to watch and what we needed to happen happened. 

Who Dey
Reply/Quote
Turns out more Steelers fans are mad at Scobee than anyone else. Tomlin and Vick included. Haley received some criticism for not using Bell towards the end but you get the idea.

Many of them are going so far as to sign a petition to sign Jeff Reed. Not even kidding. My facebook is pretty filled with it.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2015, 02:42 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Brown is super talented, but he's also a big ol' baby of a me-first diva.  It's easy for people to forgive and forget that when they are winning, but even this single loss brings the not-so-awesome side of Brown to light.  Here's hoping there is more.  

He wears one hoop earring like a diva too Ninja
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2015, 02:42 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Brown is super talented, but he's also a big ol' baby of a me-first diva.  It's easy for people to forgive and forget that when they are winning, but even this single loss brings the not-so-awesome side of Brown to light.  Here's hoping there is more.  

Yep. During the game after that 4th down pass, Brown sat down and threw his arms in disgust. Vick came over to talk to him and Brown got up and walked away.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2015, 04:13 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: He wears one hoop earring like a diva too Ninja

Are you watching me?
Reply/Quote