Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joseph likely not coming to Cincinnati
He is in Arizona interviewing for the Cardinals DC job. Rumored to be in the Jets sight as well for the same position. Doubtful this would happen if he were a finalist for any Cincinnati position.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I think most of us are relieved that he's apparently not going to be our new HC.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 01:06 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I think most of us are relieved that he's apparently not going to be our new HC.

I wouldn't go dive off a bridge if it was Joesph but he's not very high on my list.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I am perfectly fine with him being employed elsewhere.
Reply/Quote
Joseph was a coach here for what 3 years? He's also coached for a lot of other teams. He's the least Marvin-ized of the Marvin-ites.
Reply/Quote
[Image: tenor.gif]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Now somebody hire Hue and then I can exhale.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 01:06 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I think most of us are relieved that he's apparently not going to be our new HC.

Definately would be the outside hire i would dislike the most for HC.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 01:27 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Joseph was a coach here for what 3 years? He's also coached for a lot of other teams. He's the least Marvin-ized of the Marvin-ites.

I never really got why all the hate for Vance Joseph.  I thought he did a damn fine job with our DBs, and was actually hoping he would have replaced Pauly G. as our DC.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 03:06 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I never really got why all the hate for Vance Joseph.  I thought he did a damn fine job with our DBs, and was actually hoping he would have replaced Pauly G. as our DC.

Agreed.

It's kind of like everyone wants Tom Brady's OC as a HC...well he won't have Brady here. That never made sense to me either.

I think Joseph would be ok to have in the organization.

Now guys like Jackson and Simmons have been with Marvin for long periods of time and would likely not represent a different culture change.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 03:06 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I never really got why all the hate for Vance Joseph.  I thought he did a damn fine job with our DBs, and was actually hoping he would have replaced Pauly G. as our DC.

its not so much hate as a Defensive coach walks into one of the best defenses in the league and then they fall apart.
Reply/Quote

I didn't hate him as a DB coach at all. I just didn't get the hype around him as the next "big thing". 

(01-10-2019, 03:10 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: its not so much hate as a Defensive coach walks into one of the best defenses in the league and then they fall apart.

This. Denver won without great QB play. They even won a SB with bad QB play. They slipped big time under Vance. Seems he got fast tracked to a HC position (with mediocre results in one year as DC) and then fell on his face. At this point, I'd see him as a good position coach. Maybe worthy of another shot as a DC, but he'll need to really earn another crack as HC. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote