Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kaepernick wants to play for the Browns
Per ESPN, Kaepernick wants to play for the Browns because he respects Hue Jackson; both teams are talking trade
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Would not be good for his health.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2016, 11:06 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Would not be good for his health.

No doubt.  He would be needing that speed.  Joe Thomas can't block everybody.  Pro Bowl C gone, RT gone.  Everybody who could leave did.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I'm as much of a Hue Jackson fan as anyone, but if this is true, then Kap is a bubble off from where I sit. The words 'wanting to play pro ball' and 'in Cleveland' is the definition of an oxymoron imho.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2016, 11:34 AM)wildcats forever Wrote: I'm as much of a Hue Jackson fan as anyone, but if this is true, then Kap is a bubble off from where I sit. The words 'wanting to play pro ball' and 'in Cleveland' is the definition of an oxymoron imho.

I may be completely off on this thought, but Kaeppernick to Cleveland appears to me to be Kap wanting to be a big fish in a small pond, like he was in college at Nevada.  Likely counting on Hue to let him run around, and make it up as he goes.  As for me, I'm all for it.  Would be fun to watch Cleveland fans get all giddy with delight, only to have their hopes all mercilessly crushed, as their starting QB would be all busted up, by the 3rd game of the season. Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2016, 11:40 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I may be completely off on this thought, but Kaeppernick to Cleveland appears to me to be Kap wanting to be a big fish in a small pond, like he was in college at Nevada.  Likely counting on Hue to let him run around, and make it up as he goes.  As for me, I'm all for it.  Would be fun to watch Cleveland fans get all giddy with delight, only to have their hopes all mercilessly crushed, as their starting QB would be all busted up, by the 3rd game of the season. Ninja

Sounds like Manziel lol 
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
keap for manziel straight up trade?

Kelly wanted manziel once apon a time
Reply/Quote
I don't buy that political bullshit. I know the Broncos are looking at him, but he'd rather play for a team that can't beat its own shadow?
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2016, 11:40 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I may be completely off on this thought, but Kaeppernick to Cleveland appears to me to be Kap wanting to be a big fish in a small pond, like he was in college at Nevada.  Likely counting on Hue to let him run around, and make it up as he goes.  As for me, I'm all for it.  Would be fun to watch Cleveland fans get all giddy with delight, only to have their hopes all mercilessly crushed, as their starting QB would be all busted up, by the 3rd game of the season. Ninja

I get the "wanting to be a big fish in a small pond" but wouldn't he want a little water in that pond? We're talking Cleveland here, where water tends to ignite! Ninja
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
There's something about "wants to play pro football", and "in Cleveland" that just doesn't sound right...
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2016, 12:47 PM)GodFather Wrote: I don't buy that political bullshit. I know the Broncos are looking at him, but he'd rather play for a team that can't beat its own shadow?

Maybe he knows his only shot to revive his career with a coach who can actually develop a qb. Who has Kubiak or Elway actually developed? Kubiak took Schaub, who was developed by Mora Jr. Elway traded for Manning and according to himself drafted Osweiler who wasn't worthy of a starter contract.

Kubiak had 1 season in Baltimore where he rode Flacco.

Hue has had success with multiple qb's, developed Flacco and Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2016, 12:02 PM)Trademark Wrote: Sounds like Manziel lol 

Comedy gold right here......
I'll bet that the guys in this video, especially the choad in the white #12 jersey, are praying to God that somehow Goodell finds and destroys this video before anyone sees it. 
Everyone should share this video so that we can identify and out these dopes for Crimes Against Professional Football. 
The funny thing is that EVERYONE outside of Cleveland knew that it was going to end up the way that it did. 

Reply/Quote
At 7 minutes this is a longer watch, but worth it. I know that Merrill Hoge probably doesn't get the respect around here that he does in Pittsburgh and you guys probably think that he's a homer (ok, maybe just a little  Tongue ), but he dead solid perfect in his Johnny Football analysis. This was about a month before JF was drafted. Can we start referring to him as Merrill Nostradamus?

Reply/Quote
Also if you can't stand Skip Clueless like 90% of the rest of the world, it's great to see just how wrong he is and how dumb he looks in his analysis of and man-crush on JF.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2016, 12:46 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: At 7 minutes this is a longer watch, but worth it. I know that Merrill Hoge probably doesn't get the respect around here that he does in Pittsburgh and you guys probably think that he's a homer (ok, maybe just a little  Tongue ), but he dead solid perfect in his Johnny Football analysis. This was about a month before JF was drafted. Can we start referring to him as Merrill Nostradamus?

Didn't exactly take Nostradamus to see that one coming.  I've always wondered how far he would've fallen if the Browns hadn't taken him when they did.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2016, 12:48 PM)McC Wrote: Didn't exactly take Nostradamus to see that one coming.  I've always wondered how far he would've fallen if the Browns hadn't taken him when they did.

No shit.....I called this on the old board....just ask bfine Tongue

(and my brother and nephew, who said he was a baller.... LOL )

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2016, 12:48 PM)McC Wrote: Didn't exactly take Nostradamus to see that one coming.  I've always wondered how far he would've fallen if the Browns hadn't taken him when they did.

Probably to the Cowboys.

Which might have saved his career. Sure, there would be all the speculation about a challenge, but Romo isn't going anywhere until he gets injured again. And treating Manziel as a 3-4 year heir apparent — with the Cowboys' baby sitting services — would have allowed him to get some of his growing up out of the way before he got in the spotlight.

Or maybe not, and he's just a dumb ass.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2016, 12:46 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: At 7 minutes this is a longer watch, but worth it. I know that Merrill Hoge probably doesn't get the respect around here that he does in Pittsburgh and you guys probably think that he's a homer (ok, maybe just a little  Tongue ), but he dead solid perfect in his Johnny Football analysis. This was about a month before JF was drafted. Can we start referring to him as Merrill Nostradamus?

I've always thought Hoge was as good as they come at analyzing.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote