Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Kamala Harris Visits Border To Find "Root Causes"
The cause is largely economic. People need jobs, so they want to come here.

As someone in a hiring capacity who can't find qualified low skill labor because people are making a killing on unemployment, I say: bring 'em. There needs to be an equilibrium between wages and labor (which is getting better now for workers).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2021, 11:29 PM)Benton Wrote: The cause is largely economic. People need jobs, so they want to come here.

As someone in a hiring capacity who can't find qualified low skill labor because people are making a killing on unemployment, I say: bring 'em. There needs to be an equilibrium between wages and labor (which is getting better now for workers).

Alternatively, maybe we could make it so people don't make a killing collecting unemployment?  
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2021, 01:13 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Alternatively, maybe we could make it so people don't make a killing collecting unemployment?  

But then what would the illegals do for money?
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2021, 09:20 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Democrats running an obstinate woman in 2024 would open the door for 78 year old Trump to take over again.  I'd bet on Trump/Lindell to beat her. 

MyVicePresident
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2021, 01:13 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Alternatively, maybe we could make it so people don't make a killing collecting unemployment?  

From what I understand, that's already ending.
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2021, 11:29 PM)Benton Wrote: The cause is largely economic. People need jobs, so they want to come here.

My wife recently left her job as the HR person for a family owned hardware store (150+ years old) to become a mortician. She was struggling this past year and a half to find good employees because they start at minimum wage. None of the supervisors or managers understood and kept giving her shit about not being able to hire people. 

Though, even before that it was hard competing against places like Walmart when they could offer similar or slightly more pay without any accountability while you work. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(07-02-2021, 01:39 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: But then what would the illegals do for money?

I believe the republican answer to this for years was that illegals will "work the jobs Americans don't want to work."  

Personally, I think we need to bring back the "working class hero" façade. Why are we letting people like Batman and Ironman be billionaires? Why can't Batman be flipping burgers when he isn't on the clock? How about in politics? I'm the best fit to run this country because I've been living off of $8 an hour for 20 years. I know how to dodge debt and stretch our budget!
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2021, 02:38 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I believe the republican answer to this for years was that illegals will "work the jobs Americans don't want to work."  

Personally, I think we need to bring back the "working class hero" façade.  Why are we letting people like Batman and Ironman be billionaires?  Why can't Batman be flipping burgers when he isn't on the clock?  How about in politics?  I'm the best fit to run this country because I've been living off of $8 an hour for 20 years.  I know how to dodge debt and stretch our budget!

I'm not here to add to the discussion, but I want to point how hard i laughed at the thought of Minimum Wage Batman and his piece of shit Batmobile that's leaking oil and transmission fluid.
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2021, 02:38 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Why can't Batman be flipping burgers when he isn't on the clock?

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

PS God I love the internet.  I googled "Batman burger" and this popped up.  I had my pick of options too. 
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2021, 03:46 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I'm not here to add to the discussion, but I want to point how hard i laughed at the thought of Minimum Wage Batman and his piece of shit Batmobile that's leaking oil and transmission fluid.

You're going to need to give me a jump, old chum.

[Image: worst-batmobile-replicas.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2021, 02:38 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I believe the republican answer to this for years was that illegals will "work the jobs Americans don't want to work."  

Personally, I think we need to bring back the "working class hero" façade. Why are we letting people like Batman and Ironman be billionaires? Why can't Batman be flipping burgers when he isn't on the clock? How about in politics? I'm the best fit to run this country because I've been living off of $8 an hour for 20 years. I know how to dodge debt and stretch our budget!

That’s more of a Spider-man thing.
Reply/Quote