Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kamala's main role
Vice Presidents don't have an official job, but many times they take a lead role in addressing particular issues. I think Biden will delegate the issue of police reform to his VP.

She is a former Prosecutor so it will be hard for the right to portray her as "hating the police".

She is a minority so that will help establish credibility with the minority community who are protesting the loudest about police misconduct.
Prosecutor. Go through and pick out the most flagrant violations and direct the new DOJ to investigate.

There is 4 years worth of corruption and destruction to sort through.

You know how there was a new Trump train wreck every day or two? The last would get swept under the rug because the new one was even worse. Ignoring congressional subpoenas, republican lawmakers in Russia paling around with Russian officials on the 4th of July while Russia was poisoning lawmakers in the UK. The most corrupt and crooked DOJ of all time. Etc etc etc

Well that stuff happened. So so much of it.

If you want to lie about stuff and call for political opponents to be locked up at a rally for doing nothing illegal that is one thing and I totally disagree with it.

If you want to prosecute actual crimes and hold people accountable who have been acting like the law doesn’t apply equally to them that is another.
(11-08-2020, 04:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Vice Presidents don't have an official job, but many times they take a lead role in addressing particular issues. I think Biden will delegate the issue of police reform to his VP.

She is a former Prosecutor so it will be hard for the right to portray her as "hating the police".

She is a minority so that will help establish credibility with the minority community who are protesting the loudest about police misconduct.

Honestly, I think this was one of the primary reasons for her selection for the role.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(11-08-2020, 04:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Vice Presidents don't have an official job, but many times they take a lead role in addressing particular issues.  I think Biden will delegate the issue of police reform to his VP.

You'd be hard pressed to tell that from her recent rhetoric.  Also, she may not hate law enforcement but they sure as hell hate her.  She's about as unpopular with law enforcement in CA as Tookie Williams.
(11-08-2020, 05:31 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Honestly, I think this was one of the primary reasons for her selection for the role.

I thought woman was her main role. Or was that just the qualifications?

She may gave to cast a lot of votes in the senate. We have to wait for Alaska and North Carolina to get off their fall break before we know who needs what in GA
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-08-2020, 09:45 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I thought woman was her main role. Or was that just the qualifications?

She may gave to cast a lot of votes in the senate. We have to wait for Alaska and North Carolina to get off their fall break before we know who needs what in GA

Clearly she has lots of qualifications that make her a good selection beyond being a women or do you think Biden just picked any woman because...women?

I'd suggest you be careful about crossing the "sexist" line but Harris isn't a conservative so around here she is fair game apparently. Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
(11-08-2020, 10:55 PM)GMDino Wrote: Clearly she has lots of qualifications that make her a good selection beyond being a women or do you think Biden just picked any woman because...women?

I'd suggest you be careful about crossing the "sexist" line but Harris isn't a conservative so around here she is fair game apparently. Mellow

You don’t like me quoting the new president?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(11-08-2020, 10:55 PM)GMDino Wrote: Clearly she has lots of qualifications that make her a good selection beyond being a women or do you think Biden just picked any woman because...women?

Yes

He made it clear that being a woman was his #1 criteria. So perhaps he was being sexist..

What do you think? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(11-08-2020, 11:07 PM)michaelsean Wrote: You don’t like me quoting the new president?

It's going to be tricky around here and nationally for the next 4 years. Any critiques of Kamala or Biden's selection of her will trigger folks to immediately go to the sexist card. I've already seen it here in full force. They will also have the racist card at their disposal of required. 

Biden made it clear his #1 requirement in a VP was a vagina, but if you point that out you're sexist. 

(11-08-2020, 11:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yes

He made it clear that being a woman was his #1 criteria. So perhaps he was being sexist..

What do you think? 

GM is quick on the draw with both the racism and sexism card.  But he will apologize if enough people call him out, so there's that.
(11-08-2020, 11:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: He made it clear that being a woman was his #1 criteria. So perhaps he was being sexist..

What do you think? 

I think he had over 100 million adult women U S citizens to chose from.

So saying she was chosen just because she was a woman is pretty damn stupid and childish.
(11-08-2020, 11:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote:  Any critiques of Kamala or Biden's selection of her will trigger folks to immediately go to the sexist card.

This is not true at all.

The only critique that will draw out the "sexist card" is claiming she was just chosen because she was a woman.
(11-09-2020, 12:40 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I think he had over 100 million adult women U S citizens to chose from.

So saying she was chosen just because she was a woman is pretty damn stupid and childish.

Of course I never said that. 

Any thoughts on Biden making a vagina his #1 criteria in selecting a VP?

(11-09-2020, 12:44 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This is not true at all.

The only critique that will draw out the "sexist card" is claiming she was just chosen because she was a woman.

Would Harris have been chosen if she had the exact same credentials except the vagina? 

(11-09-2020, 12:44 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Any thoughts on Biden making a vagina his #1 criteria in selecting a VP?

I have no problem with it.

Unlike you I believe a woman can be fully qualified to be President of the United States.  Don't know why that idea offends you so much.
(11-09-2020, 12:44 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This is not true at all.

No it was a stated qualification. The first stated qualification.

(11-09-2020, 12:51 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I have no problem with it.

Unlike you I believe a woman can be fully qualified to be President of the United States.  Don't know why that idea offends you so much.

Yeah, you're just kinda making stuff up now. I think most expect it at this point. 

My #1 choice of the Dem's choices was Amy Klobachar, but like I said, folks will be quick to play the sexist card. 

(11-09-2020, 12:46 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Would Harris have been chosen if she had the exact same credentials except the vagina? 

Being a woman makes it harder to accomplish the same goals.  So if a man and a woman have accomplished the same goals I would take the woman over the man.

Women have to overcome a lot of bias from some men.  Just look at how offended some men are by the suggestion that a woman should be Vice President.
(11-09-2020, 12:56 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Being a woman makes it harder to accomplish the same goals.  So if a man and a woman have accomplished the same goals I would take the woman over the man.

Women have to overcome a lot of bias from some men.  Just look at how offended some men are by the suggestion that a woman should be Vice President.

Requirement. Sorry that he said it and all. Pretty sure a lot of Republicans voted for a woman VP

(11-09-2020, 12:56 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Being a woman makes it harder to accomplish the same goals.  So if a man and a woman have accomplished the same goals I would take the woman over the man.

100% sure you didn't answer the question.