Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kamala's main role
(11-09-2020, 12:53 AM)michaelsean Wrote: No it was a stated qualification. The first stated qualification.

She was chosen because she was qualified.

Are you claiming she is not qualified?

If not then why are you so upset with her being vice-President?  What difference does it make if she is a woman?

I have not heard you level any criticism against her other than her sex.  Then you act like it is outrageous for anyone to mention "sexism".  

Don't you realize how stupid that makes you sound?
(11-09-2020, 12:57 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Requirement. Sorry that he said it and all.  Pretty sure a lot of Republicans voted for a woman VP

Hell I just voted for Kanye West and his VP was a woman. I'm just not sure he made it the #1 criteria for a running mate.

Fred's just doing what Liberals do. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-09-2020, 12:57 AM)bfine32 Wrote: 100% sure you didn't answer the question. 

I am pretty sure I did, but you just don't get it.

You can't compare a man and a woman with the exact same qualifications because it is harder for a woman to achieve the same qualifications.  So a man with the exact same qualifications as Kamala would not be as good of a candidate as Kamala.

Like I said.  So far the only criticism you have aimed at her is her sex.  Yet you are shocked that anyone would play the "sexism card".
(11-09-2020, 01:01 AM)fredtoast Wrote: She was chosen because she was qualified.

If not then why are you so upset with her being vice-President?  What difference does it make if she is a woman?

I have not heard you level any criticism against her other than her sex.  Then you act like it is outrageous for anyone to mention "sexism".  

Wow. I’m not upset. When did I say I was upset? Just at having a little fun with Old Uncle Joe.
(11-09-2020, 12:57 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Sorry that he said it and all. 

Why?

If he had never said that then you wouldn't have anything to be whining about right now.

So far the only attack you have made on Kamala is her sex.  So I will ask you again.

Do you think she is not qualified to be Vice President?  I mean for any reason other than she is a woman?
(11-09-2020, 01:05 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I am pretty sure I did, but you just don't get it.

You can't compare a man and a woman with the exact same qualifications because it is harder for a woman to achieve the same qualifications.  So a man with the exact same qualifications as Kamala would not be as good of a candidate as Kamala.

Like I said.  So far the only criticism you have aimed at her is her sex.  Yet you are shocked that anyone would play the "sexism card".

Well dumb it down for me and answer the question I asked directly.

Would Harris have been picked for VP if she had the exact same credentials minus the vagina? 

No one has criticized her in this thread. Folks have criticized Biden's selection criteria. 

But believe me. The last thing I am is shocked that folks will play the sexism card. 

Is it sexist that Amy Klobachar was my top Dem candidate? 

(11-09-2020, 01:06 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Wow. I’m not upset. When did I say I was upset? 

When you said the only thing she was qualified to do was be a woman?

Is that what you say when you are happy about a woman being a Vice-President?

You have made 5 posts in this thread and not a single one of them has been about anything other than Kamala being a woman.  Is this the way it is going to be for four years whenever we try to have a discussion about the role of the Vice president?
(11-09-2020, 01:07 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Why?

If he had never said that then you wouldn't have anything to be whining about right now.

So far the only attack you have made on Kamala is her sex.  So I will ask you again.

Do you think she is not qualified to be Vice President?  I mean for any reason other than she is a woman?

Man this is getting funny. Let me put your desperate question to rest. Sure she’s qualified.

Why am I sorry he said it? Because it seems to make you mad when it’s repeated. I was having some fun and you went all nutso.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(11-09-2020, 01:12 AM)fredtoast Wrote: When you said the only thing she was qualified to do was be a woman?

Is that what you say when you are happy about a woman being a Vice-President?

You have made 5 posts in this thread and not a single one of them has been about anything other than Kamala being a woman.  Is this the way it is going to be for four years whenever we try to have a discussion about the role of the Vice president?

That’s because I keep answering your questions. You got all pissy when I didn’t. But yes part two of my original post did say something else so I’m sorry that’s incorrect. (RIP Alex)
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(11-09-2020, 01:12 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I was having some fun and you went all nutso.

Claiming the Vice President is not qualified for anything other than being a woman is not "having some fun".

This reminds me of all the people claiming grabbing women by the ***** was just "having some fun".
(11-09-2020, 01:19 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Claiming the Vice President is not qualified for anything other than being a woman is not "having some fun".

This reminds me of all the people claiming grabbing women by the ***** was just "having some fun".

It was aimed at Joe not Kamala, and nobody else would have taken it seriously. But you did your chivalry stuff for the day.

(11-09-2020, 01:01 AM)fredtoast Wrote: She was chosen because she was qualified.

That's probably a better question asked of Joe; as he made it a qualification.

Of course she's qualified, she has a vagina; it's just weird it was a qualification 

(11-09-2020, 01:10 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Well dumb it down for me and answer the question I asked directly.

I did answer it directly.

A man with the same achievements as Kamala would not be as impressive as Kamala because it is harder for a woman.

The way you present the question implies that a man with the same achievements as Kamala would be equal to her.  I say he would not.  
She'll be incredibly hands on as VP given that she'll be the nominee in 2024. Expect to see her running mate Buttigieg on the cabinet, first in a role like HUD or VA and then somewhere more high profile.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(11-09-2020, 01:21 AM)bfine32 Wrote: That's probably a better question asked of Joe; 

I did not ask Joe.

I asked you.

Care to answer?

If I felt Joe picked someone that was not qualified just because she was a woman then i would complain.  But that is not what you are doing.  You are not saying she is not qualified.  You are just upset that she is a woman.  You have not even attempted to argue that she is not qualified.  You just keep crying about her being a woman  instead of a man.
(11-09-2020, 01:28 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I did not ask Joe.

I asked you.

Care to answer?

If I felt Joe picked someone that was not qualified just because she was a woman then i would complain.  But that is not what you are doing.  You are not saying she is not qualified.  You are just upset that she is a woman.  You have not even attempted to argue that she is not qualified.  You just keep crying about her being a woman  instead of a man.

This is sad, even for your standards. 

For the 3rd time: Why did I support Amy Klobachar as the top Dem candidate?

Let me let you in on how sexist I am: The fact that she is a woman was not a qualification to me

(11-09-2020, 01:32 AM)bfine32 Wrote: This is sad, even for your standards. 

For the 3rd time: Why did I support Amy Klobachar as the top Dem candidate?

Let me let you in on how sexist I am: The fact that she is a woman was not a qualification to me

Then just tell me why you don't think Kamala is qualified to be Vice-President.

Since you are not sexist I understand her sex will have nothing to do with your reply, correct?
(11-09-2020, 01:35 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Then just tell me why you don't think Kamala is qualified to be Vice-President.

Since you are not sexist I understand her sex will have nothing to do with your reply, correct?

I really didn't expect you to answer my question, but I'll answer yours. 

She is qualified. All I've done is question the qualification criteria as put forth by Joe Biden. 

(11-09-2020, 01:39 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I really didn't expect you to answer my question, but I'll answer yours. 

She is qualified. All I've done is question the qualification criteria as put forth by Joe Biden. 

So if she is qualified what is the problem with Joe's criteria?

What is wrong with having a woman Vice-President?
(11-08-2020, 11:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote:

Biden made it clear his #1 requirement in a VP was a vagina, but if you point that out you're sexist. 

His statement was along the lines that he would appoint women to cabinet positions and that his vice president would be a woman as there were a number of qualified female veep candidates.

He never stated that his #1 requirement was being a woman, only that there were a number of women who met the requirements.