Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kanye West
The saddest part of this whole dog and pony show was that the meeting was supposed to address prison reform. Kanye makes a big deal of the current for profit prison system in his politically charged song "New Slaves"

"Meanwhile the DEA
Teamed up with the CCA
They tryna lock niggas up
They tryna make new slaves
See, that's that privately owned prison"

The problem is that I don't think Trump would have agreed with the actions Kanye suggest we take to address the problem

See, that's that privately owned prison
Get your piece today
They prolly all in the Hamptons
Braggin' 'bout what they made
**** you and your Hampton house
I'll **** your Hampton spouse
Came on her Hampton blouse
And in her Hampton mouth
Y'all 'bout to turn shit up
I'm 'bout to tear shit down
(10-12-2018, 12:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I'll **** your Hampton spouse
And in her Hampton mouth

I can't believe a guy in a MAGA hat would condone sexual assault.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-11-2018, 08:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The optimist in me wants to think he is sincere in trying to improve our society.

The cynic in me thinks he is executing the biggest troll job in history

He's always being 'controversial' when a new album comes out.
(10-12-2018, 12:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The saddest part of this whole dog and pony show was that the meeting was supposed to address prison reform.  Kanye makes a big deal of the current for profit prison system in his politically charged song "New Slaves"

"Meanwhile the DEA
Teamed up with the CCA
They tryna lock niggas up
They tryna make new slaves
See, that's that privately owned prison"

The problem is that I don't think Trump would have agreed with the actions Kanye suggest we take to address the problem

See, that's that privately owned prison
Get your piece today
They prolly all in the Hamptons
Braggin' 'bout what they made
**** you and your Hampton house
I'll **** your Hampton spouse
And in her Hampton mouth
Y'all 'bout to turn shit up
I'm 'bout to tear shit down
I thought the saddest part were the insults that were cast upon him.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

I have to say that I really wish I could go back to 1999 when I was 18 and registering to vote and tell myself "In 2018 president Trump will be meeting in the Oval Office with a mentally ill rapper" so I could have just given up right there and then. In my wildest dreams I may have pictured president Hulk Hogan meeting with Snoop Dog, or something.
(10-12-2018, 01:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I thought the saddest part were the insults that were cast upon him.

We know.  We know.  That is all you have talked about.  Poor little Kanye doesn't deserve any criticism for spewing gibberish in the Oval office.

Any comment on the issue of prison reform that the meeting was supposed to address?
(10-12-2018, 03:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We know.  We know.  That is all you have talked about.  Poor little Kanye doesn't deserve any criticism for spewing gibberish in the Oval office.

Any comment on the issue of prison reform that the meeting was supposed to address?

I thought he came off as an uneducated, token negro performing in a minstrel show.

Did  I get it right? 

(10-12-2018, 06:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I thought he came off as an uneducated, token negro performing in a minstrel show.

Did  I get it right? 

You got it as right as anyone could who did not even listen to what Kanye said but instead just obsessed over the media criticism.

You have made 14 posts in this thread and you have yet to mention a single comment Kanye made.

But you are doing a bang up job squealing about the coverage.  Good way to distract from the point that Trump made a big media deal over some guy talking gibberish in his office.  
(10-12-2018, 06:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You got it as right as anyone could who did not even listen to what Kanye said but instead just obsessed over the media criticism.

You have made 14 posts in this thread and you have yet to mention a single comment Kanye made.

But you are doing a bang up job squealing about the coverage.  Good way to distract from the point that Trump made a big media deal over some guy talking gibberish in his office.  

Heck, I just repeated what the liberal media stated; surely, you're not suggesting they did not listen to him; only slurred him.

I think in my first post I suggested that he appears to be someone that is trying to make a difference. But being as you are working pro bono to keep me posting "right" let me appease you:

His comments about Larry Hoover could be equated to those Obama made about Trayvon Martin.

I thought his point about illegal guns, not legal guns being the problem was on point

I liked his point about we need to bring jobs home because our best exports are entertainment and ideas. His point about exporting jobs to china forces folks to commit crime and wind up working in prisons was food for thought; although I disagree with the premise

I think his position that he came from a "victim mentality" as the reason he made the comments about GWB had merit

Obviously like his self-reflective position on blacks kill blacks more than LEOs do

DUg when he told the reporter he doesn't give simple answers; it's more like playing 4D chess with him

I applauded the point where he said he'd like to see Trump and Kaepernick together at the Super Bowl

He challended the Stop and Frisk policy

But we know what you found to be saddest about it. I'm still going with the way the liberal media and some in this very forum treated him. 

I applauded his mentioning he has spoken with the Chicago School Superintendent and others to discuss violence in Chicago was promising

(10-12-2018, 07:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: His comments about Larry Hoover could be equated to those Obama made about Trayvon Martin.

No they could not.

Kanye was saying that he could have turned out to be a criminal like Hoover.  

Obama was saying any innocent young black man like Treyvon Martin could be identified as a criminal just because of his skin color and clothes.
(10-12-2018, 07:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Heck, I just repeated what the liberal media stated; surely, you're not suggesting they did not listen to him; only slurred him.
Actually the media criticism I saw had to do with what he actually said.  You seem to be quoting just the sound bite that Fax news cut out to present.  That is why it was clear you did not even listen to what he said.
I'll say it again.  Anyone who says the 13th amendment is a "trapdoor" that needs to be repealed deserves criticism.
(10-12-2018, 07:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I thought his point about illegal guns, not legal guns being the problem was on point
That is exactly what every liberal who has been calling for gun registration has been saying.  We need laws to keep guns out of the hands of criminals.  But by simply adding "we have the right to bear arms" Kanye suckered the NRA and people who oppose gun regulation into thinking he was on their side.
Everything he said was vague BS with no meaning, but he sprinkled in enough right wing speaking points to make them happy.
Another example of this was when he was talking about police officers.  He threw in the favorite red meat line "black people kill more black people than police", but his comment overall was nothing but gibberish because he also said "that's not saying the police officer is not an issue." and "We definitely have to discuss police murder"
It was nothing but a dog and pony show.  And the same people at Fox who hated on Obama for having Common, Jay-z, and Kendrick Lamar at the White house were popping boners over a black guy saying nice things about ther boy Trump.
(10-12-2018, 07:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: That is exactly what every liberal who has been calling for gun registration has been saying.  We need laws to keep guns out of the hands of criminals.  But by simply adding "we have the right to bear arms" Kanye suckered the NRA and people who oppose gun regulation into thinking he was on their side.
Everything he said was vague BS with no meaning, but he sprinkled in enough right wing speaking points to make them happy.
Another example of this was when he was talking about police officers.  He threw in the favorite red meat line "black people kill more black people than police", but his comment overall was nothing but gibberish because he also said "that's not saying the police officer is not an issue." and "We definitely have to discuss police murder"
It was nothing but a dog and pony show.  And the same people at Fox who hated on Obama for having Common, Jay-z, and Kendrick Lamar at the White house were popping boners over a black guy saying nice things about ther boy Trump.

So you agree with him on points, yet you called it spewing gibberish worthy of ridicule.  Could it be because of bias?

(10-12-2018, 07:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually the media criticism I saw had to do with what he actually said.  You seem to be quoting just the sound bite that Fax news cut out to present.  That is why it was clear you did not even listen to what he said.
I'll say it again.  Anyone who says the 13th amendment is a "trapdoor" that needs to be repealed deserves criticism.

I commented on a number of things he said, but in Fred logic the fact that I took issue with MSM calling him a token negro, that is a result of black folk not reading, and presenting a mistral show means I didn't even listen to what he said. 

It's OK Fred. Nobody is going to take away your right to ridicule him. 

Mellow

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/reliable-source/wp/2016/11/07/trump-and-his-surrogates-are-obsessed-with-jay-z-and-beyonce/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.0043eeef482b

Quote:Who says the 2016 presidential campaign hasn’t been about the pressing issues of our times?

This weekend, GOP candidate Donald Trump and his surrogates addressed what’s surely on the minds of Americans as they turn out to the polls: hip-hop mogul Jay Z. And that’s after Republicans have spent a decent amount of airtime focusing on another kitchen-table issue, the rapper’s wife, Beyoncé.

The latest Jay-and-Bey presidential shade came on Saturday, when Trump mocked his Dem rival, Hillary Clinton, for surrounding herself with celebrities at campaign-closing get-out-the-vote rallies.

Trump singled out Jay Z, whom he found particularly offensive. “He used every word in the book last night,” 
Trump told the crowd, apparently referring to the lyrics to several songs the rapper performed at a Friday-night concert. “He used language last night that was so bad and then Hillary said, ‘I did not like Donald Trump’s lewd language.’ My lewd language. I tell you what, I’ve never said what he said in my life.”

Sounds a lot like the time that Trump supporter Betsey McCaughey tried to equate the real estate mogul’s infamous caught-on-mike comments about “grabbing women by the p—-” with Beyoncé’s lyrics to “Formation” — which McCaughey said made Clinton a hypocrite, because Beyoncé is the Dem’s “favorite performer.”

There was more piling on Sunday night, when during a CNN panel, Trump surrogate Scottie Nell Hughes criticized Jay Z for a music video that depicts “mazel tov cocktails” being thrown at police officers (she meant, of course, “molotov cocktails” but whatever). This somehow reflected poorly on Clinton, per Hughes’s argument.

The GOP obsession with the musical power couple has a long history in the 2016 presidential contest. Trump bestie, former Arkansas governor and onetime presidential aspirant Mike Huckabee, mentioned them in his prerequisite-to-running memoir. In the book, he pondered whether Jay Z “is arguably crossing the line from husband to pimp by exploiting his wife as a sex object.”

And during the primaries, when attacking President Obama was the GOP script (remember that?), 
Huckabee criticized POTUS for letting his daughters listen to Queen Bey. “I don’t understand how on one hand they can be such doting parents . . . and yet they don’t see anything that might not be suitable for either a preteen or a teen in some of the lyrical content and choreography of Beyoncé,” he told People magazine.
Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(10-12-2018, 10:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So you agree with him on points, yet you called it spewing gibberish worthy of ridicule.  Could it be because of bias?

How can I agree with him when I don't even know what his position is.  For example the right seems to think that he opposes any sort of gun control because he fed them the line "we have the right to bear arms."

Since you understand his position enough to know that it does not deserve criticism please explain what Kanye suggests we do about the problem of gun violence.

The Trumpies are so  excited about having a black celebrity on their side that they don't even care what he says.  They just love the photo op.
(10-12-2018, 10:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I commented on a number of things he said, but in Fred logic the fact that I took issue with MSM calling him a token negro, that is a result of black folk not reading, and presenting a mistral show means I didn't even listen to what he said. 

You did not metion a single thing Kanye said until after you had made FOURTEEN posts crying about the media criticism.  At that point I embarrassed you into going back and actually listening to what he said instead of just talking about the media reaction.
(10-15-2018, 10:01 AM)fredtoast Wrote: You did not metion a single thing Kanye said until after you had made FOURTEEN posts crying about the media criticism.  At that point I embarrassed you into going back and actually listening to what he said instead of just talking about the media reaction.

Of course I stated I posted a number of points about his visit AFTER I posted a number of points about his visit. So I'm not sure the motivation behind calling that post out. Was it another attempt to "embarrass" me? 

Of course you've continued to belittle Kanye's visit. Please don't reply to him directly you might "embarrass" him into turning back into a liberal.

Let's see if you agree with any of Kayne's points or are you standing by your "complete gibberish" slur:

What are your views of stop and frisk?

What are your views on 2nd Amendment?

What are your view on his thoughts that Trump and Kaep should try to bury the hatchett

What are your views on his assertion that blacks kill each other much more than cops kill blacks?

I'm sure you disagree with all these points, because if not you'd have to admit you were talking out of you ass when you called it complete gibberish and that would be.....well embarrassing. 

(10-15-2018, 03:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Let's see if you agree with any of Kayne's points or are you standing by your "complete gibberish" slur:

(10-15-2018, 09:55 AM)fredtoast Wrote: How can I agree with him when I don't even know what his position is.  For example the right seems to think that he opposes any sort of gun control because he fed them the line "we have the right to bear arms."

Since you understand his position enough to know that it does not deserve criticism please explain what Kanye suggests we do about the problem of gun violence.

Let me know what Kanye's position is on gun control and the second amendment and I will be glad to answer your question.
(10-15-2018, 03:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Let's see if you agree with any of Kayne's points or are you standing by your "complete gibberish" slur:

What are your views of stop and frisk?

AGREE

???????

What are your view on his thoughts that Trump and Kaep should try to bury the hatchett

DON'T REMEMBER HIM SAYING ANYTHING LIKE THT TO TRUMP.  IF HE SAID TRUMP SHOULD APOLOGIZE THEN I AGREE.  AGAIN HARD FOR ME TO AGREE IF I DON'T KNOW WHAT HE SAID.

What are your views on his assertion that blacks kill each other much more than cops kill blacks?

IT IS TRUE, BUT WHAT WAS HIS POINT IN REGARD TO POLICE KILLING UNARMED BLACK MEN.  AGAIN IT IS HARD FOR ME TO KNOW IF I GREE WITH HIS POSITION IF I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS.  HE ALSO SAID THAT WE HAVE TO LOOK AT THESE POLICE KILLINGS.  THIS IS A CLASSIC EXAMPLE OF WHAT I SAID BEFORE.  HE DID NOT REALLY MAKE CLEAR WHAT ANYOF HIS POSITIONS OR SUGGESTIONS ARE.  HE JUST SPEWED SOME SPEAKING POINTS THAT THE RIGHT LOVE TO HEAR.

I'm sure you disagree with all these points, because if not you'd have to admit you were talking out of you ass when you called it complete gibberish and that would be.....well embarrassing. 

I don't know what you want me to agree with because I have no idea what Kanye's is suggesting regarding these problems (other than "stop and frisk")