/Thread
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 09:08 PM)Whacked Wrote: Luck = Major regression

Colin = Just got benched

AD = 4 playoffs in a row and 7-0 and leading the NFL in a few QB categories

YO AD Haters ....... Where u at?

/Thread

Love the bengals buttt.....

Both of those Qb's made it to a Conference games. Maybe this year Dalton can.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 09:09 PM)Thefinalcut813 Wrote: Love the bengals buttt.....

Their teams did.

Luck is injured so I expect him to bounce back next year but Kapernick had the best defense in the league at times.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 09:12 PM)ExtraRadiohead Wrote: Their teams did.

Luck is injured so I expect him to bounce back next year but Kapernick had the best defense in the league at times.

Yeah team sport. You still have to have someone to throw the ball.
Reply/Quote
Luck = 3 playoff wins

Colin = 4 playoff wins

AD = 0 playoff wins

I don't think I'm an AD hater, but let's not get too terribly smug just yet.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't say AD is better than those guys.... 'consistent' is more like it. With AD at the helm, we have the the opportunity to win multiple Super Bowls but only if all the pieces to the puzzle are in place. My issue with AD is the fact that he seems to crumble when any of those pieces are removed.

Reply/Quote
Kaepernick was an exciting prospect for a short period. We can't pretend he has looked like shit for his entire career. I'm not a fan though so I can't say I'm unhappy to see him looking like an awful QB nowadays.

Luck looked like one of the best QBs in the league last year, I won't write him off yet, but he could prove to be overrated.

Andy turned out to be the QB we've all hoped he could/would be.

Not sure it's time to pat yourself on the back for supporting a guy that plays for your favorite team just yet though. If Andy suited up in a different uniform I promise that his biggest homers on here would have bashed the shit out of the guy for the last 4 years.
Reply/Quote
Luck = plays in a terrible division
Colin = has obviously regressed
Dalton = plays in the toughest division in football

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 09:20 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Dalton = plays in the toughest division in football

I'm not 100% certain about a lot of things in life, but I'm 100% certain that this absolutely isn't true anymore.
Reply/Quote
Andy Dalton definitely Space Jam'd the other two.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRfFp81yGZwYPfYOHnf2Qx...VFnD5ADFMw]
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 09:23 PM)djs7685 Wrote: I'm not 100% certain about a lot of things in life, but I'm 100% certain that this absolutely isn't true anymore.

Ok, not this year. Better?

Reply/Quote
I'd probably still take Luck over Dalton. And I love me some Andy Dalton. Luck has played with a lot less talent around him, offensively and defensively.

Still perfectly happy with Andy Dalton though.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 09:20 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Luck = plays in a terrible division
Colin = has obviously regressed
Dalton = plays in the toughest division in football

That's all true (well, the AFC North certainly doesn't seem like the best this year) but one would think making the playoffs after playing in the toughest division in football would making winning in the playoffs easier.  For all we rag on the Colts or Texans for being able to go 6-10 and make the playoffs they've been a lot more productive than we have after getting in.

I'm just saying!
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 09:09 PM)Thefinalcut813 Wrote: Love the bengals buttt.....

I gotta jump in here. What does that really mean??  Anderson and Esaison both made it to the SB.

Nobody remembers that or cares, but they were great QBs.

Dan Marino played in a SB but never won. Still a great QB.

This 'measuring stick' of how many playoff games one wins is a joke, IMHO.

Trent Dilfer WON a SB. How many people will remember that or him?

Not many, because he wasn't a great QB.

Eli Manning won 2 SBs, both times as a WC team backing into the playoffs, and he is one of the most inconsistent QBs in the NFL.

Kenny Anderson said he can't understand why anyone would bash Dalton.  He said, concerning Dalton, "This kid is on his fifth year and will probably see his fifth playoff year, one more than I saw in 16 years!  You don't have any chance to win a SB UNLESS you make the playoffs."
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 09:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: That's all true (well, the AFC North certainly doesn't seem like the best this year) but one would think making the playoffs after playing in the toughest division in football would making winning in the playoffs easier.  For all we rag on the Colts or Texans for being able to go 6-10 and make the playoffs they've been a lot more productive than we have after getting in.

I'm just saying!

Yeah it's true. The entire team has choked in the playoffs six times under Marvin and the general prime time record since 1968 isn't that great. 

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 09:29 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I gotta jump in here. What does that really mean??  Anderson and Esaison both made it to the SB.

Eli Manning won 2 SBs, both times as a WC team backing into the playoffs, and he is one of the most inconsistent QBs in the NFL.

Kenny Anderson said he can't understand why anyone would bash Dalton.  He said, concerning Dalton, "This kid is on his fifth year and will probably see his fifth playoff year, one more than I saw in 16 years!  You don't have any chance to win a SB UNLESS you make the playoffs."

Well said Bengalguy71.  Consistency is under appreciated.  Unless they completely falter AD will have made a playoff appearance 5 consecutive years in the NFL.  Not only that, his first 5 years in the NFL, the first year being during a strike with literally no offseason as a rookie.  Absolutely remarkable.  He is in very elite company in that regard.

I also want some playoff wins and a Super Bowl but not going to discount his accomplishments to this point.  
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 09:27 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I'd probably still take Luck over Dalton. And I love me some Andy Dalton. Luck has played with a lot less talent around him, offensively and defensively.

Still perfectly happy with Andy Dalton though.

Luck plays 6 games a year versus weaker competition too. That and he was supposed to be a much better prospect too, which means he should be able to do more with less.

That said, the experts thought enough about his talent they labeled them paper champions before the season started.   

Luck beats up on the AFC South.  He has a losing record against the rest of the league.  
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 09:57 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: Well said Bengalguy71.  Consistency is under appreciated.  Unless they completely falter AD will have made a playoff appearance 5 consecutive years in the NFL.  Not only that, his first 5 years in the NFL, the first year being during a strike with literally no offseason as a rookie.  Absolutely remarkable.  He is in very elite company in that regard.

I also want some playoff wins and a Super Bowl but not going to discount his accomplishments to this point.  

When you put his tenure in context, it amazes me how he could have so many detractors.  This has been the best stretch of football I can recall as a fan of the Bengals.  
Reply/Quote
lets not get ahead of ourselves just yet...
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 09:29 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I gotta jump in here. What does that really mean??  Anderson and Esaison both made it to the SB.

Because as a fan of the Bengals I would like a Super bowl before I die. Without winning a conference game you can not got to the Super bowl. If you are just after notoriety then that's crazy.
And when people talk about Dilfer they talk about how a mediocre QB can lead you to a SB. Lets get there before we knock others who have.
Reply/Quote