Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.8 Average
Katie Blackburn is the first woman appointed to the NFL competition committee.
(11-11-2021, 09:51 AM)grampahol Wrote: I've always thought running to the endzone to pretend to pose for pictures is about as classless as anything a team can do especially when they get their asses handed to them right afterwards..  That was the first time I recall the Bengals ever do it (Jets game, but I live out of market) and hope it was the last time as well..

Yeah... It usually happens after turnovers, and we don't get those. Logan Wilson isn't THAT guy either.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2021, 02:45 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: It's just part of the game to me, it brings some excitement. I like the taunts after dunks, just don't get dunked on then lol. You can talk trash without throwing punches. I can see how it looks like bullying.

Bullying is not the problem.

Fights starting is the problem.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2021, 01:21 PM)Whatever Wrote: Honestly, the Bates situation has worked out in the team's favor.  He would be insanely overpaid for his level of play this year if we had extended him based on last year.  

Agreed. Dodged a bullet on that one.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 11:42 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/nfl/bengals-katie-blackburn-1st-woman-on-competition-committee/2021/11/10/47e35088-4267-11ec-9404-50a28a88b9cd_story.html

It seems she is taking on an even larger role not only with the Bengals but also in the NFL. 

Hum, the way the game has been pussified the last several years I thought it was already run by a bunch of old panty-waste moms who were afraid of the children getting an ouee or having hurt feelings, God forbid. Or am I confusing the NFL with the PTA?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2021, 10:07 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: I'm all for these taunting penalties... They are called Professional Athletes after all.  be nice if they acted professional on the field too.   Im for TD celebrations and things as long as they aren't classless.

Hell no! 

I always respect your opinion, but we pay to be entertained, by the sports and all the activities going on!

The game used to be fun to watch! Celebrate doing good things and tell everyone to stop being so sensitive!
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2021, 11:48 AM)kevin Wrote: If I knew how to post a picture on this site, or GIF,  it would be Al Pacino in Scent Of A Woman as Col. Slade saying, " Who Hah ". 

In other words, good for Paul Browns daughter or niece or whatever, but I'm more concerned about this team getting back to Winning this season.  

The Bengals Front Office brags that they have maybe the best pair of safeties in The NFL, and yet they did not resign young talented Bates who hits free agency in 4 months. 30 years without a play-off win, I want to see Wins before I will get excited over this Front Office since Paul Brown died. 

I'm sure Hillary Clinton and Opra and Rachel Maddow are excited over another woman crashing through the so called glass ceiling, but all I have is " Who Hah ".  Good for her, I want to see WINS.  The Thanksgiving Weekend of Al Pacino as Col Slade and his " Who Hah ". Until this team Wins, that's all I've got for this Front Office of 30 years of losing.

Uhhhh…granddaughter.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2021, 09:18 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Hell no! 

I always respect your opinion, but we pay to be entertained, by the sports and all the activities going on!

The game used to be fun to watch! Celebrate doing good things and tell everyone to stop being so sensitive!

You don’t need to act like an ass standing over your opponent. I think they look stupid when they run ten yards from the play to flex or whatever.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2021, 09:18 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: The game used to be fun to watch! Celebrate doing good things and tell everyone to stop being so sensitive!

No one is stopping celebrations.

We are talking about taunting.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2021, 07:37 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Hum, the way the game has been pussified the last several years I thought it was already run by a bunch of old panty-waste moms who were afraid of the children getting an ouee or having hurt feelings, God forbid. Or am I confusing the NFL with the PTA?

Yeah, I can't really enjoy football without the brain damage and other career ending injuries.

I mean who just wants to watch amazing athletes display their elite skills.
Reply/Quote
Congratulations Katie !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 12:36 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Yeah, I can't really enjoy football without the brain damage and other career ending injuries.

I've seen, and possibly you have as well, some roughing penalties where I didn't see any "roughing" at all and I'd believe the roughed player had no idea he was roughed until the ref threw the flag.

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 12:36 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Yeah, I can't really enjoy football without the brain damage and other career ending injuries.

Celebrating is seen as taunting too often.

What if celebrating is being so proud of yourself that the best feeling of celebration is to stare at the opponent?

See?
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2021, 09:51 AM)grampahol Wrote: I've always thought running to the endzone to pretend to pose for pictures is about as classless as anything a team can do especially when they get their asses handed to them right afterwards..  That was the first time I recall the Bengals ever do it (Jets game, but I live out of market) and hope it was the last time as well..

I hate that as well. I wish they would remove the end zone celebration camera. Talk about delaying the game....

And not to restart the "are athletes role models" debate (they are to some kids, whether they want to be or not) but the moment these taunting and excessive celebrations started making their way down through college into the High Schools and Middle Schools, their days were numbered.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 09:25 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I hate that as well. I wish they would remove the end zone celebration camera. Talk about delaying the game....

And not to restart the "are athletes role models" debate (they are to some kids, whether they want to be or not) but the moment these taunting and excessive celebrations started making their way down through college into the High Schools and Middle Schools, their days were numbered.

If memory serves me right, not that my memory is worth much these days those endzone nonsense celebrations started at Pittsburgh or even in Cincinnati against us by them.. The only time I'd be OK with it is when we stomp Pittsburgh and even then it's still classless.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 03:00 AM)BengalChris Wrote: I've seen, and possibly you have as well, some roughing penalties where I didn't see any "roughing" at all and I'd believe the roughed player had no idea he was roughed until the ref threw the flag.

I 100% agree that there is inconsistent enforcement.  They need to work on that.  
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 03:32 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: What if celebrating is being so proud of yourself that the best feeling of celebration is to stare at the opponent?

Then you need to grow up.

What if the best way you know to tell a girl she is pretty is to grab her boobs?  If you get in trouble for that are you going to cry about "Not being allowed to tell a girl she is pretty"?
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 04:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Then you need to grow up.

What if the best way you know to tell a girl she is pretty is to grab her boobs?  If you get in trouble for that are you going to cry about "Not being allowed to tell a girl she is pretty"?

Trash comparison, trash post.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2021, 12:22 AM)jason Wrote: Smashin' that glass ceiling... Hopefully Katie straightens out this nonsense where taunting as a team is allowed (so long as it's utterly ridiculous, and they run 40 yards to an end zone to do it), yet taunting someone mano y mano is not allowed. I also hope she doesn't miss too many vacation days with Mr Katie.

No doubt and actually have a bit of confidence in her in this aspect, this and getting deals done.

The taunting rule HAS to go. BS.

Congrats to Katie. Tiger
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 04:43 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Trash comparison, trash post.

Actually it is a dead on comparison.

What kind of total loser thinks the only way to celebrate an achievement is to taunt someone.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 05:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The taunting rule HAS to go. BS.

The taunting rule needs to stay.  They just need to work on the enforcement.
Reply/Quote