Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.8 Average
Katie Blackburn is the first woman appointed to the NFL competition committee.
(11-10-2021, 11:42 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/nfl/bengals-katie-blackburn-1st-woman-on-competition-committee/2021/11/10/47e35088-4267-11ec-9404-50a28a88b9cd_story.html

It seems she is taking on an even larger role not only with the Bengals but also in the NFL. 

This just reinforces my belief that Mike Brown is no longer running the team. He's basically the owner in name only.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 06:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually it is a dead on comparison.

What kind of total loser thinks the only way to celebrate an achievement is to taunt someone.

What kind of weird loser thinks that staring at a guy on a football field after making a play is a "dead on comparison" to sexually assaulting a woman?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 08:44 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: What kind of weird loser thinks that staring at a guy on a football field after making a play is a "dead on comparison" to sexually assaulting a woman?

Yeah, that was a terrible analogy but you know fred, he's never wrong(in his own mind)
Reply/Quote
And for all the people here that love celebrations but hate taunting, any celebration could subjectively be considered taunting. Because that player is, in fact, gloating.

Me, Im all in favor of getting rid of the taunting rule completely. However, I know that wont happen so I think making it a 5 yard penalty is fair with No automatic first down. There is no reason a ref should be able to decide outcomes of games over something so subjective and for something that causes no physical harm(like helmet to helmet for instance)
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 12:36 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Yeah, I can't really enjoy football without the brain damage and other career ending injuries.

(11-12-2021, 04:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Then you need to grow up.

What if the best way you know to tell a girl she is pretty is to grab her boobs?  If you get in trouble for that are you going to cry about "Not being allowed to tell a girl she is pretty"?

That moment when WTF just isn't enough..
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
"Hey, guys, what's going on in here?"
Looks around.
"Well, I'll be leaving now."
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
Just acknowledge you have a staring problem and let other people figure that one out.
"Do you have a staring problem?"
Yes and it's ongoing and chronic. Can you recommend a good staring doctor?
It's not your job to explain stupid shit to people...unless you're in the stupid shit explanation business. Remember that and you'll live longer. ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 08:44 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: What kind of weird loser thinks that staring at a guy on a football field after making a play is a "dead on comparison" to sexually assaulting a woman?

They are both exactly the same.

Grossly inappropriate, immature behavior that is attempting to be justified by labeling it something it is not.

"Taunting" is not "Celebrating" like "grabbing boobs" is not "telling a woman she is pretty"
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2021, 01:42 AM)fredtoast Wrote: They are both exactly the same.

Grossly inappropriate, immature behavior that is attempting to be justified by labeling it something it is not.

"Taunting" is not "Celebrating" like "grabbing boobs" is not "telling a woman she is pretty"

How are they the same if only one of them causes you to end up in jail?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

(11-12-2021, 09:44 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: Yeah, that was a terrible analogy but you know fred, he's never wrong(in his own mind)

(11-12-2021, 10:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: That moment when WTF just isn't enough..

(11-13-2021, 01:52 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: How are they the same if only one of them causes you to end up in jail?

Yeah. I'm still blown away by that analogy!

Hilarious 
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2021, 01:42 AM)fredtoast Wrote: They are both exactly the same.

Way to go Fred, tripling down on trivializing sexual assault in a thread about a woman's achievement in breaking a glass ceiling. 

You are nothin if not consistent in how awful you are.

Reply/Quote
Sexually assaulting a woman is illegal. Staring down a dude during a football game is not.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2021, 01:52 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: How are they the same if only one of them causes you to end up in jail?

(11-13-2021, 11:19 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Sexually assaulting a woman is illegal. Staring down a dude during a football game is not.

Obviously none of you understand how an analogy works.  I run into this problem all the time around here.  I will us an example of Bill Belichick doing the exact same thing as a Bengal coach and you guys will say "It can't be an analogy because Belichick is a better coach, Derp."

The whole point of using an analogy is to present an extreme example to show how flawed the logic is.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2021, 10:09 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Way to go Fred, tripling down on trivializing sexual assault in a thread about a woman's achievement in breaking a glass ceiling. 

You are nothin if not consistent in how awful you are.

Using sexual assault as a analogy in no way "trivializes" it.  The only way an analogy works is if you use an extreme example to show how flawed the logic is.

So I am actually emphasizing how bad sexual assault is by using it as an analogy.

Maybe if you knew how an analogy worked you would understand.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2021, 12:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Obviously none of you understand how an analogy works.  I run into this problem all the time around here.  I will us an example of Bill Belichick doing the exact same thing as a Bengal coach and you guys will say "It can't be an analogy because Belichick is a better coach, Derp."

The whole point of using an analogy is to present an extreme example to show how flawed the logic is.

Fred, there is no one around here that is better with analogies than me (consistently). 

You, on the other hand, have shown to be terrible with them time and again. 

For an analogy to work, it has to have similar comparable components. Analogies are used to simplify, or help someone better understand a point. I don't know what the hell you're talking about "extreme example". 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2021, 12:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Using sexual assault as a analogy in no way "trivializes" it.  The only way an analogy works is if you use an extreme example to show how flawed the logic is.

So I am actually emphasizing how bad sexual assault is by using it as an analogy.

[Image: 8931bc02e3670100e91adc4a27a9fdd2.gif]

Reply/Quote
Hooray for nepotism?
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2021, 12:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Obviously none of you understand how an analogy works.  I run into this problem all the time around here.  I will us an example of Bill Belichick doing the exact same thing as a Bengal coach and you guys will say "It can't be an analogy because Belichick is a better coach, Derp."

As an aside...

When you make posts like this, the first thing that happens is a bell goes off in my head that you've just been a very well hidden troll all these years and you're now ready to have your 'internet breakdown'. It could be a slow roll into crazy oblivion or a supernova type flameout. 

Get your shit together. I don't need to waste time wondering what the percentages are for that. Mellow

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2021, 12:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Using sexual assault as a analogy in no way "trivializes" it.  The only way an analogy works is if you use an extreme example to show how flawed the logic is.

You are comparing staring at a guy on a football field to sexual assaulting a woman as a "dead on comparison". That 100% trivializes it. You've built up a terrible hill to die on here, Fred.

I am starting to think YOU actually don't know how an analogy works. Or at least I really hope not, because the alternative is you do know and you still think sexual assault is the same as staring at a guy on a football field, in which case you legitimately might be the worst person.

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2021, 01:26 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: You are comparing staring at a guy on a football field to sexual assaulting a woman as a "dead on comparison". That 100% trivializes it. You've built up a terrible hill to die on here, Fred.

I am starting to think YOU actually don't know how an analogy works. Or at least I really hope not, because the alternative is you do know and you still think sexual assault is the same as staring at a guy on a football field, in which case you legitimately might be the worst person.

Me:  Raising children is like growing a garden.  

Leonard:  You are trivializing human life by comparing humans to vegetables.  How can you believe that a person is exactly the same a a vegetable?  Why do you think it is okay to eat your children.

People who understand the use of an analogy understand that you are not saying two different things are exactly the same.  Instead you are using an analogy to show a shared logic or abstract relationship.  

The fact that you claim I am "trivializing sexual assault" when I described it as "grossly inappropriate" shows that you don't really have a point.  You are just arguing to argue.

Reply/Quote