Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Katie Blackburn responds.....maybe not so soft after all.
(01-06-2023, 01:46 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: I think she was sore about it. I think...

She’s saying there was bias in the voting

At least I believe. I could be wrong

Could be a bias
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Really if KC wins it’s all mute. I’d expect they win. So then it becomes the Bills vs the Bengals for the 2 seed. Then I’d coin toss it. Of course if KC loses it’s a whole new world. Then they should coin toss again on any games between the 3.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 05:36 AM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: This is what really upsets me. I don't like when the NFL shafts small market teams because they can. I'm shocked they won't call it a Bengals W. ZT was being classy when he said "whatever you wanna do" and now he's being punished because of it. NFL looks like angels to most people now, meanwhile they shafted a team and don't care because they don't have the letters NY or LA in front of the name. 

Give em hell in the SB. Yall will be back. But it's sad the journey will be harder because of this. 

To be fair, if you’re ZT or the bengals, you can’t have it both ways. You can’t say, over and over again, “Hamlin’s health is more important, we don’t wNt to play the game, what ever Buffalo wants to do is fine. The game isn’t as important as life.” And then complain after the nfl decides something. That would be complete fake lip service to look like a great person/franchise until the moment things don’t go your way.

IF the bengals didn’t truly feel “whatever they decide is okay”, then they should have spoken up before a decision was made. And certainly not pretend like you’re mother Theresa and say we just care about Hamlins health, that’s it.

That’s obviously not what the bengals did, I’m just making a point that they can’t talk out of both sides of their mouth.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 03:38 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Yep. And the scenarios explicity leave out the most obvious scenario, Bills/Bengals. 

We would have to pitentially do a coin flip/nuetral site with Baltimore if we lose, but Buffalo does not have to do one with us? That's preposterous. 

Ridiculous

Reply/Quote
First off let me say this:

The NFL is 100% PISSED that the Bengals and Bills decided to NOT finish that game out. 100%. At this point in time, I truly believe the NFL told those teams to get back on the field and the Bills and Bengals defied them...now they are feeling the wrath from it.

I do not have an issue with the winner of the game this Sunday/coin flip determining home field advantage for the playoffs between us and the Ravens. They Ravens had a shot at the division still and you can't just give us that.

What I do have a problem with is:

1. The Bengals have technically "won" the division at this point in time right now. They get all the drawbacks (harder schedule, later draft pick, etc.) and none of the good things that come with it (home field).

2. There should 100% either be a coin flip for the divisional and championship games if the Bengals face either the Bills or Chiefs should be at a neutral site.

The inconsistency in the logic is what kills me. So Baltimore had a chance at the division, OK - lets make sure we give them an opportunity for home field advantage...but the Bengals had a chance for the 1 or 2 seed but let's not give them any kind of shot at home field advantage. That just makes absolutely no sense.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 10:22 AM)lone bengal Wrote: I hate the Ravens but there getting screwed the most. They can beat us twice and play all there starters Sunday then lose a coin flip and have played them for nothing ? You can’t lose 4 division games and lose to a backup QB an expect to be division champs. I want the Bengals to win it all and not have an asterisk next to it. Beat the Ravens for the North and if some say we beat a backup QB we might get a chance to beat Lamar if he’s back for the playoffs. My biggest issue is Bills vs. Bengals not at a neutral site. Again if we beat them at a neutral site some will say it’s not fair to Buffalo. Bengals vs the world again ! Burrow beats the Ravens X 2 , Buffalo at Buffalo and KC at KC and beats the Eagles whoever in the Super Bowl no one could question that.

Winning a division has nothing to do with head to head matchups. It's a season long body of work. Who cares if the Ravens beat us twice. We lost to the Browns twice last year, should they have just automatically won the division then? 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 10:43 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: First off let me say this:

The NFL is 100% PISSED that the Bengals and Bills decided to NOT finish that game out. 100%. At this point in time, I truly believe the NFL told those teams to get back on the field and the Bills and Bengals defied them...now they are feeling the wrath from it.

I do not have an issue with the winner of the game this Sunday/coin flip determining home field advantage for the playoffs between us and the Ravens. They Ravens had a shot at the division still and you can't just give us that.

What I do have a problem with is:

1. The Bengals have technically "won" the division at this point in time right now. They get all the drawbacks (harder schedule, later draft pick, etc.) and none of the good things that come with it (home field).

2. There should 100% either be a coin flip for the divisional and championship games if the Bengals face either the Bills or Chiefs should be at a neutral site.

The inconsistency in the logic is what kills me. So Baltimore had a chance at the division, so lets make sure we give them an opportunity for home field advantage...but the Bengals had a chance for the 1 or 2 seed but let's not give them any kind of shot at home field advantage. That just makes absolutely no sense.

I don’t like it either. But this team is great at circling the wagons.
Go Benton Panthers!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 10:22 AM)lone bengal Wrote: I hate the Ravens but there getting screwed the most. They can beat us twice and play all there starters Sunday then lose a coin flip and have played them for nothing ? You can’t lose 4 division games and lose to a backup QB an expect to be division champs. I want the Bengals to win it all and not have an asterisk next to it. Beat the Ravens for the North and if some say we beat a backup QB we might get a chance to beat Lamar if he’s back for the playoffs. My biggest issue is Bills vs. Bengals not at a neutral site. Again if we beat them at a neutral site some will say it’s not fair to Buffalo. Bengals vs the world again ! Burrow beats the Ravens X 2 , Buffalo at Buffalo and KC at KC and beats the Eagles whoever in the Super Bowl no one could question that.

The Ravens will have been given 8 home games this year in pursuit of winning the division.  The Bengals will have been given 7 home games.  Sure, the Bengals are now winning the division on a technicality, but the Ravens also had a built-in competitive advantage because of that technicality.  So let's call it a wash.

If the Bengals win on Sunday, they get home-field advantage, a harder 2023 schedule and a lower draft pick.  That's one benefit, two costs. The Ravens, meanwhile, get a higher draft pick and easier schedule. Two benefits, one cost.
If the Ravens win on Sunday, they have a 50/50 shot at home-field advantage, an easier 2023 schedule and a higher draft pick.  Go ahead and call that 2.5 benefits.  

There is no equity in this situation. In either scenario, the Ravens are favored in terms of actual benefit.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 10:43 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote:  :

The inconsistency in the logic is what kills me. So Baltimore had a chance at the division, so lets make sure we give them an opportunity for home field advantage...but the Bengals had a chance for the 1 or 2 seed but let's not give them any kind of shot at home field advantage. That just makes absolutely no sense.

It is inconsistent.  Bengals arguably could have beat both Buffalo and KC and yet that doesn't matter.  Life isn't fair is what we were stuck with.  And I was willing to accept that.  But now, to Baltimore, life has to be fair to them.  Why can't life not be fair to Baltimore also.  The Bengals did everything properly here from a humane standpoint and yet get no credit.  The commish talks about how winning percentage is not a perfect solution yet the committee added another layer that's not a perfect solution either.  
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 10:45 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Winning a division has nothing to do with head to head matchups. It's a season long body of work. Who cares if the Ravens beat us twice. We lost to the Browns twice last year, should they have just automatically won the division then? 

Just beat the crap out of a backup QB and don’t leave anything in question was my point. Or if the Bengals were in the Ravens position we’d be outraged.. Bengals could beat the Ravens twice , have a Ravens vs. Bills game canceled at 7-3 in the 1st then play all are starters balls to the wall on Sunday and then it’s all for nothing cause we lose a coin flip ? We’d be fuming.
Reply/Quote
If a coin flip is how the nfl is going to decide things, they should have done a coin flip for the bengals/bills winner. Then move on as normal. Wouldn’t that have been easier?
Reply/Quote
Eh, screw it, there's nothing we or the Bengals can do about it but win. Baltimore is on it's last leg with a QB that will most likely never get through another season healthy (and i say that as a Lamar fan). The AFCN belongs to the Bengals for the foreseeable future. Just beat them Sunday, then go from there.
Reply/Quote
She's right and doesn't need to be aggressive about.

There are rules in place for this exact situation and they should abide by them.

There is not a previous president for voting to change rules in season so don't do it now.

If some teams disagree with the rules in place they can propose a change at the appropriate time.

I was okay with the proposal but now that I understand the current rules and her statement of how the process works I see no reason to change it to a proposal that is not anymore fair than what was already in place.

A proposal that to some degree benefits KC the most (a team that's lost to oth bills and Bengals this season). And gives bills a home game in a situation where the Bengals could be a 2 seed to bills 3 seed just doesn't work.

Yes I'm not forgetting I was okay with this before but after more consideration it just doesn't work.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 11:03 AM)Ell Prez Wrote: If a coin flip is how the nfl is going to decide things, they should have done a coin flip for the bengals/bills winner. Then move on as normal. Wouldn’t that have been easier?

100%.

Even if we lost the coin flip, we are essentially in the same boat we are in right now.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 05:36 AM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: This is what really upsets me. I don't like when the NFL shafts small market teams because they can. I'm shocked they won't call it a Bengals W. ZT was being classy when he said "whatever you wanna do" and now he's being punished because of it. NFL looks like angels to most people now, meanwhile they shafted a team and don't care because they don't have the letters NY or LA in front of the name. 

Give em hell in the SB. Yall will be back. But it's sad the journey will be harder because of this. 

Nice guys finish last... The NFL mistook kindness for a weakness. I'm sure I could find some more cliches. Just imagine how goofy this would be if Buffalo left town Monday night eliminating any chance for a reasonable resumption of the game...

It is what it is I guess. Nothing we can do but busy all they they asses.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Is anyone really surprised that when it comes to picking which team to screw, the league picked the Bengals? Best thing to do is shove it back in their faces and win the whole damn thing.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 09:58 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: And also because the NFL screwed around and did nothing for 3 days so now it’s Friday with games tomorrow. Not a lot of time to sort it out if you vote no.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if this STUPID proposal is voted down, then what happens is that we revert to the RULES ALREADY ESTABLISHED that says playoff seeding is decided by win percentage. I don't know why we aren't already doing that. Sure, it's still not fair, per se, but at least it's not the NFL sticking their effing noses in and making things worse.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Nice guys finish last... The NFL mistook kindness for a weakness. I'm sure I could find some more cliches. Just imagine how goofy this would be if Buffalo left town Monday night eliminating any chance for a reasonable resumption of the game...

It is what it is I guess. Nothing we can do but busy all they they asses.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 01:54 AM)PlayadLc Wrote: Bengals are about to go scorched earth on everyone.

One part of me agrees with you.

The other part of me thinks all this emotional baggage from all the bs and chaos may adversely impact this team or at least a few players.

This is a trainwreck in so many ways that it will be a challenge to return to being laser focused w this mess going on.
Reply/Quote
I think i would have been more ok with a coin flip to determine the winner of the Bills/Bengals game.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote