Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Katie Blackburn responds.....maybe not so soft after all.
(01-06-2023, 06:25 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Sounds like a good decision.  Since the Chiefs benefit most from this proposal it's nice to hear he abstained from voting.  I think it was the right thing to do on the Chiefs part.

I don't think the Chiefs benefit from this decision. If they win Sunday they are the #1 seed, but if they play Buffalo or Cincinnati (one of which is likely) they lose the AFCCG at home to a neutral site. 
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 06:21 PM)mahomey15 Wrote: As a Chiefs fan, I do. Trust me, we aren't really happy with this either. After looking around fan boards, it seems the only fan boards that are majority happy are the Bills.

Why is KC upset? They got a Saturday game (extra day of rest), shot at #1 seed and a week of rest.

Bengals have no shot at #1 seed, have to win or have no shot at #2 seed, could end up winning the AFCN but via coin flip lose any chance at a hold game in the playoffs.

Lost a regular season home game, so only played 7 home games and 9 road games.
Lost revenue for losing a home game as team has to pay back fans face value of tickets.
Fans lost revenue as they paid higher than face value, many stayed in hotels and parking will not be reimbursed.
Possible worst draft position than Ravens even though no home field game

Sorry, this was a biased decision favoring the Bills, Ravens and KC

Bengals and their fans were screwed for being compassionate. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 06:31 PM)mahomey15 Wrote: Most Chiefs fans I know, myself included, don't like this. We wanted 1 of 2 scenarios: 1.) Make up the game. OR 2.) Use the rules as they were written and go off of winning percentage.

To me, this is the NFL trying to give the Bills a concellation prize. I've just seen a big pattern of when something happens to them, all of a sudden its this big ordeal, while if it happens to other teams it tends to be ignored. AKA This, The OT loss last year (Same thing happend to us vs NE in the AFCCG 2 years before and no one cared it seemed), etc

I'm just against changing rules during the season.

And I'm not defending Clark by any means (Tends to be closer to Goodell than I like) but with the convo being with how the votes shook out, I thought I would contribute that tidbit.

I honestly suspect most of the owners didn't like being put on them.  It was another cop out by Goodell to make the owners vote on changing something his mismanaged.  

End of the day, I don't put blame on any organization (owner, coach or fanbase) with these decisions.  It's definitely unfortunate that it's adding a layer of drama that's unnecessary.  These rivalries were more fun without wondering about who was motivated by what on an unfair situation. 
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 06:32 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Why is KC upset? They got a Saturday game (extra day of rest), shot at #1 seed and a week of rest.

Bengals have no shot at #1 seed, have to win or have no shot at #2 seed, could end up winning the AFCN but via coin flip lose any chance at a hold game in the playoffs.

Lost revenue for losing a home game as team has to pay back fans face value of tickets.
Fans lost revenue as they paid higher than face value, many stayed in hotels and parking will not be reimbursed.

I may be mistaken, but I believe I read that parking will be refunded as well. Your point still stands though....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 06:32 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Why is KC upset? They got a Saturday game (extra day of rest), shot at #1 seed and a week of rest.

We're upset because we feel like we would be the 1 seed today, and that comes with HFA and the Bye. There was already rules in place for situations like these that were abandoned, and changing said rules just before the Playoff is stupid.
You guys got Hosed. Definitely! But a fair number of KC fans are viewing that the Bills and Bengals got almost in essence a BYE week (Nowhere close to the 60 minutes of toll that a football game puts on the body) and that is an inherent advantage that we didnt get out of this situation that hardly anyone is talking about.

To me this was very biased to the Bills. VERY. Then the Ravens. KC gets to play catch up with their own BYE if we don't play down to the Faiders. 

Don't get me wrong, you guys got the worst end of this stick, but we aren't happy either.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 06:42 PM)mahomey15 Wrote: We're upset because we feel like we would be the 1 seed today, and that comes with HFA and the Bye. There was already rules in place for situations like these that were abandoned, and changing said rules just before the Playoff is stupid.
You guys got Hosed. Definitely! But a fair number of KC fans are viewing that the Bills and Bengals got almost in essence a BYE week (Nowhere close to the 60 minutes of toll that a football game puts on the body) and that is an inherent advantage that we didnt get out of this situation that hardly anyone is talking about.

To me this was very biased to the Bills. VERY. Then the Ravens. KC gets to play catch up with their own BYE if we don't play down to the Faiders. 

Don't get me wrong, you guys got the worst end of this stick, but we aren't happy either.

I don't know how much the so-called bye helped Buffalo since they lost a starting safety. They had another player injured in those 9 minutes as well, I just don't remember who it was. But yes, we got screwed, I believe you all got screwed if you beat LV, and Buffalo to a lessor extent. The only team making out like bandits are the Ravens. They gained everything and lost nothing.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 06:19 PM)mahomey15 Wrote: Saw a post on Twitter where Clark Hunt (Chiefs Owner) abstained, which is essentially a no vote because it's not a vote in affirmation.

I'll bet you Steve Bisciotti (Ravens owner) voted for the plan

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I wonder how the Bills voted?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 06:32 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't think the Chiefs benefit from this decision. If they win Sunday they are the #1 seed, but if they play Buffalo or Cincinnati (one of which is likely) they lose the AFCCG at home to a neutral site. 

The Chiefs do benefit.  They were basically given the #1 seed without earning it.  Buffalo was the #1 until the Bengals game was canceled.  If Buffalo wins their last two games, they would have been #1 regardless of what KC did their last two games.  If KC loses to Vegas and Buffalo only beats Cincinnati but turns around and loses to New England, Buffalo is still the #1.  If KC loses to Vegas and Cincinnati wins their last two games, Cincinnati would have been the #1. 

Coming in to the Bengals/Bills game Monday night in order for KC to get the #1 seed they needed Cincinnati to beat Buffalo while at the same time making sure they dont lose to Vegas this weekend.  With the canceled Bengals/Bills game KC got gifted the #1 seed without having to worry about any of that.  As for the AFC Championship game going to a neutral site, KC was never guaranteed that game to begin with as they were not even the #1 seed until the Bengals/Bills game was canceled and needed all those other scenarios to happen.  KC was gifted the #1 seed.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 06:46 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't know how much the so-called bye helped Buffalo since they lost a starting safety. They had another player injured in those 9 minutes as well, I just don't remember who it was. But yes, we got screwed, I believe you all got screwed if you beat LV, and Buffalo to a lessor extent. The only team making out like bandits are the Ravens. They gained everything and lost nothing.

Thats a very fair statement, and thank God he's OK. But, for many of their big contributors, they didn't have to go through the toll that a football game does to the body. To me this is just more of the NFL trying to push the Bills and Allen as the big thing (just like trying to push him as MVP all year even when he was playing awful)

The Ravens are somehow coming out so squeeky clean is insane, and the Bills come out looking good too to me.

That being said, I hope you all demo the Ravens and destroy the Bills when you see them in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 06:54 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I wonder how the Bills voted?

Me too .....

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 06:54 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: The Chiefs do benefit.  They were basically given the #1 seed without earning it.  Buffalo was the #1 until the Bengals game was canceled.  If Buffalo wins their last two games, they would have been #1 regardless of what KC did their last two games.  If KC loses to Vegas and Buffalo only beats Cincinnati but turns around and loses to New England, Buffalo is still the #1.  If KC loses to Vegas and Cincinnat wins their last two games, Cincinnati would have been the #1. 

Coming in to the Bengals/Bills game Monday night in order for KC to get the #1 seed they needed Cincinnati to beat Buffalo while at the same time making sure they dont lose to Vegas this weekend.  With the canceled Bengals/Bills game KC got gifted the #1 seed without having to worry about any of that.  As for the AFC Championship game going to a neutral site, KC was never guaranteed that game to begin with as they were not even the #1 seed until the Bengals/Bills game was canceled and needed all those other scenarios to happen.  KC was gifted the #1 seed.

Firstly, you guys were gonna win Monday. That Bills team was already running on fumes, and you guys are hot right now. I can't read the future, but that was not a coin flip game.

Second, We don't benefit in that manner, because the moment the game was cancelled, the rules in place say you go off win percentage, giving us the clear 1 seed. Then they changed the rules which basically removed HFA from us, while the Bills and Bengals each got  85% of a late season bye (albeit not a traditional one). We were first seed according to the rules; then they decided to change the rules, mid season.

That being said, personally what should have happened was the game being played 2 days later or as a Week 19, but the NFL dropped the ball there.

And I'm not trying to play "Woe is me". I 100% agree you guys got ROYALLY screwed. I was just saying that 1.) We in general aren't happy either, and 2.) when I check fan boards, the only fan base that seems majority happy is the Bills, heck, a few guys on Two Bills Drive were even talking that the coin flip is an advantage for you all, because if the Ravens beat you twice you don't deserve it. (Crazy Mental Gymnastics, they just 100% assume they would win anything) 
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 06:53 PM)pally Wrote: I'll bet you Steve Bisciotti (Ravens owner) voted for the plan

I don't know what he had to do to end up with so many advantages on this plan, but he had to pay somebody or do something...
Reply/Quote
I wish they would be totally transparent and publish minutes of the meeting and how each team voted.  Would like to know each team’s reasoning if any as to how they voted. I guessing this will have an impact on how Katie approaches her seat on the Competition Committee in the future. I would especially like to know how the Bills voted.  Wonder if those 25 teams names might be posted on a list in someone’s office or a locker room.
Reply/Quote

(01-06-2023, 07:03 PM)Wyche Wrote: Me too .....

I'd imagine in their own self interest, regardless of whether it ***** us over.  But that just may be that darn cynic in me saying that.    
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 07:30 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I'd imagine in their own self interest, regardless of whether it ***** us over.  But that just may be that darn cynic in me saying that.    

That's kind of where i'm leaning right now. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 07:05 PM)mahomey15 Wrote: Firstly, you guys were gonna win Monday. That Bills team was already running on fumes, and you guys are hot right now. I can't read the future, but that was not a coin flip game.

Second, We don't benefit in that manner, because the moment the game was cancelled, the rules in place say you go off win percentage, giving us the clear 1 seed. Then they changed the rules which basically removed HFA from us, while the Bills and Bengals each got  85% of a late season bye (albeit not a traditional one). We were first seed according to the rules; then they decided to change the rules, mid season.

That being said, personally what should have happened was the game being played 2 days later or as a Week 19, but the NFL dropped the ball there.

And I'm not trying to play "Woe is me". I 100% agree you guys got ROYALLY screwed. I was just saying that 1.) We in general aren't happy either, and 2.) when I check fan boards, the only fan base that seems majority happy is the Bills, heck, a few guys on Two Bills Drive were even talking that the coin flip is an advantage for you all, because if the Ravens beat you twice you don't deserve it. (Crazy Mental Gymnastics, they just 100% assume they would win anything) 
 If you go off win percentage and the Chiefs win Saturday, they do have the higher percentage. So, the rule is not changed for that. But there are multiple scenarios for Buffalo to go to a neutral site for the AFCCC. For the Bengals to go to a neutral site there is only one scenario: the Bills lose, KC loses, and the Bengals win.

Meanwhile, the league changed the rules for the Bengals depending on whether they have to play the Ravens in the first playoff game or they have to play KC in the 2nd playoff game. If KC is seeded 2nd and the Bengals 3rd, and KC is a 1/2 game ahead of the Bengals (13-4 to 12-4) , the Bengals have to go to Arrowhead. If the Bengals are ahead of the Ravens by 1/2 game (11-5 to 11-6), it is a coin flip to determine home field. Two entirely different rules, for the same scenario, one benefitting KC over the Bengals and one benefitting the Ravens over the Bengals.  And all this despite the Bengals having less home games than KC or the Ravens.
Reply/Quote

I read all over Twitter the bills voted for it.. You know they did too.. I'm off the Bills are our buddy's train....
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 09:22 PM)Tony Wrote: I read all over Twitter the bills voted for it.. You know they did too.. I'm off the Bills are our buddy's train....

Maybe, but I certainly wouldn't consider Twitter the bastion of truth....LOL

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 01:17 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Bengals executive vice president Katie Blackburn is on the competition committee, which approved the scenarios Thursday. In a memo obtained by ESPN's Seth Wickersham, Blackburn urged the committee members to vote against the scenarios. Her reasoning stemmed from the timing of a rule change away from the standard of winning percentages used in this scenario.

"The proper process for making rule change (sic) is in the off-season," Blackburn wrote. "It is not appropriate to put teams in a position to vote for something that may introduce bias, favor one team over another or impact their own situation when the vote takes place immediately before the playoffs."

I agree Wyche! How you been doing buddy?
Reply/Quote