Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Katie and Tobin send message to league and Bengals fans
(03-16-2023, 10:02 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: He played LT last 2 years for KC and was named an all pro pro bowl both years.

PB last 2 years. The distinction between pro bowl and all pro is light years. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 11:35 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: You don’t realize it. It starts out negative and you say let’s don’t celebrate we are worse. Better would have been we’ve still got work to do with the roster but the good news is that free agency is not over and theres the draft yet. It came off negative and pessimistic

Or that's just how you chose to read it. My literal first words are "It's a good signing". And I didn't say lets don't celebrate, I said lets not pop the corks YET. As in we will later when the job is finished, you don't celebrate a W at halftime.

Sure glad I can always count on you to come and tell me how I need to reword my posts to say basically the same thing, but in a way you approve of more. Have a good day. ThumbsUp

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 11:43 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: PB last 2 years. The distinction between pro bowl and all pro is light years. 

Tyler Huntley is greatly offended by this post.

Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 11:43 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: PB last 2 years. The distinction between pro bowl and all pro is light years. 

The distinction between OBJ and Jonah Williams is light years.
Reply/Quote

How many players did the Bengals have on either all pro or pro bowl teams the last 4 years?

How many OL?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 10:22 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Some people just love to wallow in misery. I don't understand living life that way, but I've accepted the only way some people can be happy is to be miserable. 

Time to play the Garbage song, "I'm only happy when it rains."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpBFOJ3R0M4
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 11:39 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I really was not directing that at you or TLL..... I think we all know who the usual suspects are. Who Dey

Don't go easy on me. I've had to resort to lurking on other NFL message boards now to get my doom and gloom fix. 
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 09:57 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Calais Campbell was released as well....

Hmmmmm
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 12:00 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Don't go easy on me. I've had to resort to lurking on other NFL message boards now to get my doom and gloom fix. 

Try WHO DEY Nation on FB. Those are the most whiny, ill informed uneducated about football group of people I have ever seen. 
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 10:28 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He's right, I do have a tendency to wear my heart on my sleeve, when it comes to the Bengals.  Especially when it was appearing that the management was content with watching players walk out the door.

I was feeling the same way Sunset.   I mostly was upset about Vonn.   I love that guy and the intelligence/ leadership he brought to the secondary.   

But for the first time in years I had a measure of confidence that it was not going to be for nothing.   We'll see how it all pans out, but this brightened my day, and my daughter (who as devastated yesterday) can be taken off suicide precautions.

The draft is particularly strong for safeties, running backs and tight ends.   This years draft is going to be so suspenseful!!
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 11:46 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Or that's just how you chose to read it. My literal first words are "It's a good signing". And I didn't say lets don't celebrate, I said lets not pop the corks YET. As in we will later when the job is finished, you don't celebrate a W at halftime.

Sure glad I can always count on you to come and tell me how I need to reword my posts to say basically the same thing, but in a way you approve of more. Have a good day. ThumbsUp

“It's a good signing, and I am glad they aren't ignoring the OL, but it's not time to pop corks yet. The Bengals as of now are still worse than they were last year.”

Maybe it’s just me but that’s a party pooper to me. Of course a day after losing both safeties I’d expect so. It’s like honey you look great but you’ve put on a little weight. I get it you’ve always been a half empty guy. I know you are a longtime Bengals sufferer and your responses clearly reak of skepticism even though they are solid. But rarely praise this staff/mgt
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 11:54 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: How many players did the Bengals have on either all pro or pro bowl teams the last 4 years?

How many OL?

Big fat zero.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 12:08 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Try WHO DEY Nation on FB. Those are the most whiny, ill informed uneducated about football group of people I have ever seen. 

I wonder if that's the one Denny was pimping on Twitter, for people to join?

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 11:21 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: True, but not premium LT type of top dollar.  If for some reason that Brown doesn't dominate at LT, and has to be sent back to the RT spot, he'll be making upper tier money for RTs.  The amount of guaranteed $$$ was a little surprising, as the team is generally reluctant to that sort of change, even though that is the increasing trend around the league.

Brown is not going back to RT, his history regarding playing RT is well documented and the reason he was traded to KC.

Reply/Quote
As far as the 'sending a message to the rest of the league'...lots of teams sign free agents.

I think this sends a message more to our fans and players and Joe Burrow.
Reply/Quote
Look, while there is still work to do (S, TE, RB2, IOL depth, CB depth) this is a huge signing. Brown is a huge upgrade from Jonah & Carman. Plus, landing a franchise LT is VERY difficult for a team picking in the late 20s. Not only did we do it, we got good value while doing it.

Of the 6 most impactful/valued positions out there (QB, WR, OT, DE, CB, DT/NT), we have pro-bowl/all pro level guys in 5 of them: Burrow, Chase, Brown, Hendrickson, and Reader.
Reply/Quote
Want to draft a good TE with strong upside? Go after Sam LaPorta. And while they're at it, try to snag DE Lukas VanNess.
Yes, I'm an Iowa homer...
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 11:50 AM)Sled21 Wrote: The distinction between OBJ and Jonah Williams is light years.

Unless we're talking about OL blocking and OBJ the WR.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 02:29 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: What will take our entire fan base to recognize we have a great FO, this is not the old Bengals. Katie knows how to play the cap game too, she just proved it in a big way with a 31 million dollar 1st year bonus.

Fans were moaning, experts were trashing us early in FA for not doing a lot as we lost some of our own. Now we know the Bates money went to land Orlando Brown, a key OL to help Joe B. be Joe B. Fans clamored to do something more to protect JB this off season though they signed 3 FA's on the OL last year.

I liked Bates, but Bates nor Bell do their work in the trenches. Dominate the trenches and have a franchise QB with a few very good skilled players = a potentially dominant offense.

But, that is not all. Our DL is intact already for 2023 prior to the draft or any new additions. I have a hunch Katie and Tobin are not done yet.

I asked our fans to chill a couple of days ago, trust the process. Well, I hope everyone now is feeling great versus pissing and crapping their pants.

Enjoy the journey, we may not win a Super Bowl, but sure is fun to be in the conversation again in 2023.

I am with you as you know. That was the biggest eye opener I have had as a Bengals fan in FA. Never saw it coming. Great job FO. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 03:02 PM)iowahwky4cincy Wrote: Want to draft a good TE with strong upside? Go after Sam LaPorta. And while they're at it, try to snag DE Lukas VanNess.
Yes, I'm an Iowa homer...

I like both those Hawkeyes myself...
Reply/Quote