Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Katie is the top executive in the league!
(08-26-2021, 05:15 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger
Now this won't happen while Mike is alive but who's to say Katie won't see big business elsewhere? Do you fully understand how many cities are ready to build Katies World. If the Bengals move out of Cincinnati cicadas will be back twice before a new team comes back. Give the family what they want to stay. They'll likey want a new stadium.

I do not think you will ever see another NFL football team in Cincy if the Bengals leave.
(08-26-2021, 05:46 PM)Emeritus Wrote: She's a salary cap genius

Uhh, really?  The way I see it, the Bengals leave money on the table, most every year;  While other teams are spending to the limit, manipulating contracts and finding ways to squeeze the money for that extra proven vet or two they need in order to field a competitive team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(08-26-2021, 07:18 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Uhh, really?  The way I see it, the Bengals leave money on the table, most every year;  While other teams are spending to the limit, manipulating contracts and finding ways to squeeze the money for that extra proven vet or two they need in order to field a competitive team.
Tiger
Yes, I stand by that statement. If I were starting an organization she would be my first hire. 
(08-26-2021, 07:40 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger
Yes, I stand by that statement. If I were starting an organization she would be my first hire. 

Ok, since you proclaimed her the "top executive in the league", and have now went on to state that she would be your first hire;  Can you provide some sort of supporting details to convince the rest of us that your opinion is valid?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(08-26-2021, 07:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Ok, since you proclaimed her the "top executive in the league", and have now went on to state that she would be your first hire;  Can you provide some sort of supporting details to convince the rest of us that your opinion is valid?

Tiger
Just how the salary cap is managed and how the organization is always liquid in the top 8 of the league.
After the Antonio Bryant deal this organization has never really lost. The "Family" is always set up to make any deal they want when they want. I'm wrong?
The Bates deal will happen and he'll be a rich man but she'll never compromise the future cap to do so. Its the future Burrow deal that I want to see from her. How much leverage does she give..
(08-26-2021, 06:29 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: 1.) Give me some example of some cities you could see this happening in.  I'm generally curious who you think is going to fund a a billion dollar stadium for the Bengals.

2.) UC has a stadium right on campus.  It's one of the oldest stadiums in the country and is beloved by many.  They also just put a ton of money into it (100 million) and expanded seeting.  Why would they want to "take over PBS"?
Tiger
1) Do you honestly believe that there isn't a city that doesn't currently have an NFL franchise that wouldn't build " Katies World"... In 2021 do you believe that doesn't sell in a particular city with taxpayers.

2) I certainly get the history... The seating has always been the deal breaker in the university moving to say the Big10... With all the fluctuations of the conferences being realigned its big business to go to PBS. That stadium on campus will be a showcase for high level Ohio high school football. It comes down to money and thats it. You make very valid points but its politics & dollars.
(08-26-2021, 08:22 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger
1) Do you honestly believe that there isn't a city that doesn't currently have an NFL franchise that wouldn't build " Katies World"... In 2021 do you believe that doesn't sell in a particular city with taxpayers.

A fully funded stadium?  No, no cities are immediately coming to mind; that's why I asked you who you were referring to. 

A 100% tax payer funded stadium has been slowly becoming a thing of the past.  And now coming off a Covid, where local budgets are decimated and future tax revenue is up in the air, I can't see anywhere lining up to pay for "Katie's Word."

Let's look at some of the indivudual cities.  You tell me who sounds the most plausible.

-St. Louis?  We can immediately cross them off the list.  They wouldn't pay up last time and that their finances have gotten much worse since.

-San Diego?  See St. Louis.

-San Antonio?  Does the NFL want 3 teams in Texas?  More importantly, does Jerry Jones want 3 teams in Texas?

-Portland?  You gotta be kidding me.  Good luck getting that financed.

-Oakland?  Third times a charm?

-Mexico City, Toronto, London?  Is Katie's World going international?

If they elect to move the team it's going to require a sizeable investment by the family.  That's going to include some of the contruction costs, an indoor facility, and filling out their front office.  No one is just going to gift the a brand new stadium with no strings attatched.  Not in 2021, and not anytime soon either.
(08-26-2021, 05:21 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Shouldn't we wait for something exceptional to actually occur before making such a proclamation?

It is not true faith if you demand some proof of your beliefs.

And everyone is free to have theiy're own opinion.

And something something CAN i GET A WHO-DEY!!!! 

Who Dey GarfieldWhoDey2YesHappyDancingClappingWho Dey
(08-26-2021, 08:22 PM)Emeritus Wrote: 2) I certainly get the history... The seating has always been the deal breaker in the university moving to say the Big10... With all the fluctuations of the conferences being realigned its big business to go to PBS. That stadium on campus will be a showcase for high level Ohio high school football. It comes down to money and thats it. You make very valid points but its politics & dollars.

The biggest deal breaker in UC moving to the Big 10 will always be your avatar.  They will never allow that to happen.  I don't care how big of a stadium UC has.

Nippert as it stands is perfect for UC.   It holds 40,000.  I don't think they need the additonal 24,000 seats just yet.

The ideal landing spots for UC is 1.) the ACC and then 2.) what remains of the Big 12.  At 40k it shoudn't preclude them from membership.

Boston College - 44k
Wake Forrest - 31k
Syracuse - 49.k
Georgia Tech - 55k
Duke - 40k
NC State - 57k
TCU - 45k
Kansas State - 50k
Baylor - 50k
Kansas - 50k

UC still has some room to expand.  Them not hosting FC Cincinnati opens room up on the lower level for a few extra thousand seats and I think they can add near the press box too.  I think I rememeber reading they can get close to 50k if they want, which doesn't put them far off from some Big 10 programs. (Maryland - 54k, Rutgers 52k, Northwestern - 47k, and Minnesota - 50k.)

I see absolute no reason they would ever want to use PBS full-time.  The students would hate it, and they've built up so much infrastrucure around campus that it makes no sense to have the team playing 5 miles away if they don't have to.  
When it comes to business savvy Katie is playing 3 dimensional Twister while the rest of you are playing checkers.

If she moved the Bengals it would be to San Juan. Wages are cheap and regulations are lax. They could build a great stadium/hotel/beach resort for the cost of one decent stadium on the mainland. Puerto Rico lacks natural resources so an industry like an NFL franchise that requires no natural resources would be perfect for them.

Plus they could sign a lot of free agents when it is discovered that kicking back on the beach and smoking magic island weed extends an NFL players career by an average of two years.
(08-26-2021, 08:02 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger
Just how the salary cap is managed and how the organization is always liquid in the top 8 of the league.
After the Antonio Bryant deal this organization has never really lost. The "Family" is always set up to make any deal they want when they want. I'm wrong?
The Bates deal will happen and he'll be a rich man but she'll never compromise the future cap to do so. Its the future Burrow deal that I want to see from her. How much leverage does she give..

Near the top in liquidity, at the cost of fielding a quality product..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
OP has an Ohio State avatar that probably explains this thread. Ninja

Oh and if the ninja face was not enough I'm totally kidding. Just wanted to clarify before I get pounced upon. Tongue

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
(08-26-2021, 08:35 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: A fully funded stadium?  No, no cities are immediately coming to mind; that's why I asked you who you were referring to. 

A 100% tax payer funded stadium has been slowly becoming a thing of the past.  And now coming off a Covid, where local budgets are decimated and future tax revenue is up in the air, I can't see anywhere lining up to pay for "Katie's Word."

Let's look at some of the indivudual cities.  You tell me who sounds the most plausible.

-St. Louis?  We can immediately cross them off the list.  They wouldn't pay up last time and that their finances have gotten much worse since.

-San Diego?  See St. Louis.

-San Antonio?  Does the NFL want 3 teams in Texas?  More importantly, does Jerry Jones want 3 teams in Texas?

-Portland?  You gotta be kidding me.  Good luck getting that financed.

-Oakland?  Third times a charm?

-Mexico City, Toronto, London?  Is Katie's World going international?

If they elect to move the team it's going to require a sizeable investment by the family.  That's going to include some of the contruction costs, an indoor facility, and filling out their front office.  No one is just going to gift the a brand new stadium with no strings attatched.  Not in 2021, and not anytime soon either.
Tiger
Well lets just say that after its all said and done she's had enough and wants to sell... Just a hypothetical it happens. Jeff Bezos or another billionaire is interested and wants to move the team. This is an extremely real thought. So that will take your whole argument out of the equation. This would be all about politics and money and not who dey. If that happens you don't need tax payer coin.
(08-26-2021, 09:13 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Near the top in liquidity, at the cost of fielding a quality product..

Tiger
The Bengals had a great playoff run of I think five years. The" Family" definitely wants to win because its in the best interest of business. They spend enormous money in FA but they can't get the position group right.
So bring in Duke Tobin.... I never see him or hear him until the draft. Why.. Because he's not the GM & only a talent evaluator. Its great to be a Bengals fan right now because things are looking up. This season can end one of two ways with Burrows return. 1) Its phenomenal and we show promise and he plays 17 games. 2) This organization failed to protect its investment. No in between.
(08-26-2021, 04:16 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

Big shout out to Katie Blackburn.
The woman is an exceptional executive.
The way she structures contracts is A1.
We should be celebrating the way she moves as the top in the league! Imo

I don't mean to "out" you on the boards, but hello Geoff.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
(08-26-2021, 10:03 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I don't mean to "out" you on the boards, but hello Geoff.

Tiger 
Geoff works for me but I'd prefer Rudy and I play on the team but nobody will listen to me.
she deserves it. What a turn around in FO and I hope it translates into wins!
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

(08-26-2021, 09:45 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Well lets just say that after its all said and done she's had enough and wants to sell... Just a hypothetical it happens. Jeff Bezos or another billionaire is interested and wants to move the team. This is an extremely real thought. So that will take your whole argument out of the equation. This would be all about politics and money and not who dey. If that happens you don't need tax payer coin.

Now that is enitely different proposal and is actually a decent talking point.  IF the Bengals were to move then this is how it most likely happens, the family cashes out and and investment group elsewhere (or a Bezos) buys them out.

This is definitely a possibility in the future.  I just don't think the city (the county) offering of to build a brand new stadium has anything to do with it.  If they want to cash out then they'll cash out.  No amount of local dollars is going to keep them from selling.  And even if it would, the county has absolute no ability to fund it.  They already didn't and the recently passed investment into Metro (1.2 BILLION over 10 years) put about 8 trillion nails in the coffin.

If Katie decides to sell then there is nothing we (this area) can do.  It's not even worth talkling about or debating.  An investment group lead by a ridiculously rich owner will pay them a fortune for their franchise and to ride off into the sunset.  There's nothing that can stop it if that's her angle.  If she wants to be paid she'll get paid.  If she wants to retain ownership for the family then her best option is going to most likley stay here.  
Not even the top in Ohio.
(08-26-2021, 10:21 PM)Destro Wrote: Not even the top in Ohio.
Tiger

Where you from Cleveland?