Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Katie is the top executive in the league!
(08-26-2021, 10:25 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

Where you from Cleveland?

You don’t need to be from Cleveland to acknowledge they’ve put together a good team (and coaching staff).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

(08-26-2021, 10:18 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Now that is enitely different proposal and is actually a decent talking point.  IF the Bengals were to move then this is how it most likely happens, the family cashes out and and investment group elsewhere (or a Bezos) buys them out.

This is definitely a possibility in the future.  I just don't think the city (the county) offering of to build a brand new stadium has anything to do with it.  If they want to cash out then they'll cash out.  No amount of local dollars is going to keep them from selling.  And even if it would, the county has absolute no ability to fund it.  They already didn't and the recently passed investment into Metro (1.2 BILLION over 10 years) put about 8 trillion nails in the coffin.

If Katie decides to sell then there is nothing we (this area) can do.  It's not even worth talkling about or debating.  An investment group lead by a ridiculously rich owner will pay them a fortune for their franchise and to ride off into the sunset.  There's nothing that can stop it if that's her angle.  If she wants to be paid she'll get paid.  If she wants to retain ownership for the family then her best option is going to most likley stay here.  

I couldn't agree more with this. I have a question for you because you give a great outlook. Why didn't this organization get anyone in FA outside of Reiff along the offensive line ? They stood Pat for Joe. I want your thoughts on that because you bleed orange like me.
(08-26-2021, 10:28 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You don’t need to be from Cleveland to acknowledge they’ve put together a good team (and coaching staff).
Tiger

Yes sir! I can tell you how in one word.... TRENCHES
I'm so confused... have we determined yet what this thread was for

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

(08-26-2021, 10:33 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

Yes sir! I can tell you how in one word.... TRENCHES

That’s part of it. But they had good trenches for years (guys like Joe Thomas, Myles Garrett, etc), they didn’t start winning until they hit on a QB, and gave him really good skill players. Kevin Stefanski was the final piece.

(08-26-2021, 10:36 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I'm so confused... have we determined yet what this thread was for

Tiger

It was for the legacy of Forrest Gregg.
(08-26-2021, 10:02 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger
The Bengals had a great playoff run of I think five years. The" Family" definitely wants to win because its in the best interest of business. They spend enormous money in FA but they can't get the position group right.
So bring in Duke Tobin.... I never see him or hear him until the draft. Why.. Because he's not the GM & only a talent evaluator. Its great to be a Bengals fan right now because things are looking up. This season can end one of two ways with Burrows return. 1) Its phenomenal and we show promise and he plays 17 games. 2) This organization failed to protect its investment. No in between.

Uhm, really?  I think that most knowledgeable Bengal fans would agree that the five year playoff run was most likely due to Marvin Lewis getting his input heard, when it came to personnel selection/moves than anything the front office could possibly have come up with on their own volition.

And, to your point 2), the front office failed their new franchise QB.  So Katie, your star of the front office, failed Joe Burrow miserably..

Tell us again, how she is the top executive in the league.  Rolleyes

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(08-26-2021, 10:25 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

Where you from Cleveland?

Sick
(08-26-2021, 10:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That’s part of it. But they had good trenches for years (guys like Joe Thomas, Myles Garrett, etc), they didn’t start winning until they hit on a QB, and gave him really good skill players. Kevin Stefanski was the final piece.

No they didn't hit until they found a GM that was absolutely COMMITTED on building from inside out.
We'll get there this upcoming draft of we pick properly.
This team needs big guys and we'll get them. They were heavy on the defense and skill. They'll need offensive line help and playmakers on the back half of the defense ( Next to Bates). The Marvin mantra has stuck in this organization to compile as many 1st rounders on the back end as you can get cheap. I like that but why not get the big guys to protect! The OT prospects arent as good as last year but the interior players are phenomenal. D-Line is just ok.. Lets not get this misunderstood we're not playing for 21. Our run will come next season on.
We won't be dominate this year but this roster is set up for total rule in the future. We need to solidify the offensive line next off season. Period. An athletic linebacker who can cover backs and TE. (SAM) Also two players on the back end next to Bates. A safety & cornerback who can tackle and turn the ball over in coverage. This upcoming TE class is very deep.
Grab someone who can stretch the field..
Wink wink Ucla, Alabama
(08-26-2021, 10:55 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Uhm, really?  I think that most knowledgeable Bengal fans would agree that the five year playoff run was most likely due to Marvin Lewis getting his input heard, when it came to personnel selection/moves than anything the front office could possibly have come up with on their own volition.

And, to your point 2), the front office failed their new franchise QB.  So Katie, your star of the front office, failed Joe Burrow miserably..

Tell us again, how she is the top executive in the league.  Rolleyes

The front office failed their last franchise QB too (and the one before that). Andy signed a team friendly deal to stay on a legit roster that was maybe 1 or 2 pieces away. They used the savings from not overpaying him on spent FAs and one year deals. When the team is nowhere remotely close to competitive, they decide to spend in FA?

Yeah... Katie's super awesome.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(08-26-2021, 11:05 PM)Emeritus Wrote: No they didn't hit until they found a GM that was absolutely COMMITTED on building from inside out.
We'll get there this upcoming draft of we pick properly.
This team needs big guys and we'll get them. They were heavy on the defense and skill. They'll need offensive line help and playmakers on the back half of the defense ( Next to Bates). The Marvin mantra has stuck in this organization to compile as many 1st rounders on the back end as you can get cheap. I like that but why not get the big guys to protect! The OT prospects arent as good as last year but the interior players are phenomenal. D-Line is just ok.. Lets not get this misunderstood we're not playing for 21. Our run will come next season on.

Ridiculous... Worst to first is a thing in those league. Excuses for "why not us?" is a thing for a good chunk of Bengals fans... Next year.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(08-26-2021, 11:35 PM)jason Wrote: Ridiculous... Worst to first is a thing in those league. Excuses for "why not us?" is a thing for a good chunk of Bengals fans... Next year.

The win for this year is getting out of it with Burrow having a good year healthy. That means our depth on the offensive line will be on par for where the team is going. The defensive line I believe will be exceptional / Linebackers solid / Defensive backs will be good enough but not great. The defense has a chance to be top 12. That gets you where you want to be if the offense can score. Our offensive MVP will be Evan Lucky. He'll win two games with his leg.
(08-26-2021, 11:50 PM)Emeritus Wrote: The win for this year is getting out of it with Burrow having a good year healthy. That means our depth on the offensive line will be on par for where the team is going. The defensive line I believe will be exceptional / Linebackers solid / Defensive backs will be good enough but not great. The defense has a chance to be top 12. That gets you where you want to be if the offense can score. Our offensive MVP will be Evan Lucky. He'll win two games with his leg.

No... A win for this year is winning 10-14 games. The same defense that has been utterly putrid for 3 years (2 if you wanna stick to Lou's boys) has a long way to go before they're middle of the pack... Let alone top 12. Sacking Tom Brady in a meaningless preseason game means squat. This team has given up embarrassing totals over the past 2 years.

Keeping your QB healthy is a win? Literally no other NFL fan base says things like that.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
[Image: 5kygnh.jpg]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
This ****** guy over here…. Hhhua!
(08-26-2021, 05:21 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Shouldn't we wait for something exceptional to actually occur before making such a proclamation?

That's what I thought in the Evan McPherson nickname thread.
(08-26-2021, 10:02 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger
The Bengals had a great playoff run of I think five years. The" Family" definitely wants to win because its in the best interest of business. They spend enormous money in FA but they can't get the position group right.
So bring in Duke Tobin.... I never see him or hear him until the draft. Why.. Because he's not the GM & only a talent evaluator. Its great to be a Bengals fan right now because things are looking up. This season can end one of two ways with Burrows return. 1) Its phenomenal and we show promise and he plays 17 games. 2) This organization failed to protect its investment. No in between.

The narrative is that Katie has assumed more control over the last 5 years or so.  Can't really be proven, but the general consensus around here is that is the case.  We are 25-53-2 over that span.  We've become blessed with Joe Burrow because the team was so poor, not because of Katie management skills or Duke's talent evaluation.

Sure looks like they saved a bunch on Zac Taylor as I would think it would cost much, much more to bring in a proven HC.
If Katie is such a great executive, why has it not translated to wins for the team?  I guess it depends on your perspective.  Are the Bengals profitable?  I don't know, but I have seen nothing to indicate that this is not the case.  I would think that if they are, Katie is a great executive from a purely business point of view.

However, if Katie is truly in control of the team, over the past 5 years, she has actually been very poor at her job as it translates to winning football games.
I still think Mike is still very much involved and in control, but that is just my opinion.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
(08-26-2021, 07:08 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: I do not think you will ever see another NFL football team in Cincy if the Bengals leave.

"If" the Bengals were ever to move out of Cincinnati, the NFL would never return to Cincinnati.  

In their eyes you'd have the Colts to follow, Browns, Steelers, and Bills and even potentially the Titans.  

Prior to Elizabeth taking over the Bengals, they had to be the worst PR/marketing team in any professional sport.  

I thought the Columbus Crew were bad under the last ownership group that wanted to move them but the Bengals marketing/PR team was even worse in my mind. 
(08-26-2021, 10:36 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I'm so confused... have we determined yet what this thread was for

I dunno but it's entertaining as hell Popcorn