Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connor Barwin visiting
(03-13-2017, 05:24 PM)TKUHL Wrote: POOF...The Bengals are a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma. I asked the same question. You would think they had some set aside for these guys. When I asked where the 32 mil went that they matched M. Jones last year of course the answer was Kirkpatrick. So I give up.

Fans:  Don't we have cap space?

Mike Brown:  This is not the cap space we are looking to spend.

[Image: These-Arent-The-Droids-You-Were-Looking-For.jpg]

Fans:  This is not the cap space we are looking to spend.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I would assume they will be making some cuts to free up some cap to sign the A.Smiths of FA. This team usually makes some moves the 2nd or 3rd week of FA. I just hope Mangold is one and A. Smith wouldn't hurt at this point. Was hoping for OG Lang and LB Hightower but Lang is gone and it dosent look like Hightower is going anywhere.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2017, 07:16 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I would assume they will be making some cuts to free up some cap to sign the A.Smiths of FA. This team usually makes some moves the 2nd or 3rd week of FA. I just hope Mangold is one and A. Smith wouldn't hurt at this point. Was hoping for OG Lang and LB Hightower but Lang is gone and it dosent look like Hightower is going anywhere.

I think they see Westerman as Z's replacement, honestly.  Kind of lost in the jubilation of landing Billings in the 4th last year was the fact that Westerman was rated as high as the late 2nd.  His main knock was he needed to bulk up and add play strength, and with a full off-season in weight room, we should be ok at that spot.
Reply/Quote
Lol I checked Barwin's rotoworld page and saw this:

"Free agent DE Connor Barwin will visit the Bengals on Monday.
Despite sitting on the 11th-most cap space in football, the penny-pinching Bengals let their two best offensive linemen walk in free agency. Barwin probably shouldn't be expecting a big contract offer. With that said, Barwin's edge-defending ability would be very much welcomed in Cincinnati, where RE Michael Johnson is completely washed. Barwin played his college ball for the Bearcats. Mar 12 - 10:22 PM"

Haters. Ninja
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
If they sign him, I don't think it changes anything about the draft.

We have 5 DEs.

But those 5 are Dunlap, Johnson, Clarke, Albright, and Brown/

We already know the first 3 will most likely make the team. Barwin gives us a nice 4th option. Still in favor of draft a pass rusher early, and I think the Bengals are too.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2017, 07:35 PM)Whatever Wrote: I think they see Westerman as Z's replacement, honestly.  Kind of lost in the jubilation of landing Billings in the 4th last year was the fact that Westerman was rated as high as the late 2nd.  His main knock was he needed to bulk up and add play strength, and with a full off-season in weight room, we should be ok at that spot.

I remember Mayock was pretty high on him.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2017, 05:06 PM)bambino5130 Wrote: I thought we were "out of cap room". Where did Hobson/Mike Brown find the newly discovered cap room they could have spent to resign Zietler and Whit? So there is no money to resign our own, but money to bring in a hometown FA like Barwin?
I am confused.

Don't believe a word that come out of Hobspin or Mike Brown's mouths. The Bengals have at least 20M in cap space left.

The rookies will take up between 4 and 5M, depending which picks we use and/or trade for.

The team wants an injury reserve so they can do in-season signings.

Then there's an amount to use to extend existing contracts before the player hits free agency. Hill, Burfict, Eifert, Dennard and some others are free agents at the end of 2017. My guess is that the they try to extend Burfict and Eifert and possibly Dennard if they can get him cheap enough.

Rest assured we'll be losing at least one top player at the end of next year. The team has historically not paid TEs very much and Eifert has glass parts and they'll hold his injuries against him in negotiations to get the price down. It's a gambler's roll on what will actually end up happening.

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2017, 05:47 PM)Shouldamapads Wrote: Fans:  Don't we have cap space?

Mike Brown:  This is not the cap space we are looking to spend.

[Image: These-Arent-The-Droids-You-Were-Looking-For.jpg]

Fans:  This is not the cap space we are looking to spend.

[Image: giphy-downsized-large.gif]

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Would really like this pickup.

Always liked Barwin. He has been good wherever he went. Both in Houston and Philly.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 12:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Would really like this pickup.

Always liked Barwin. He has been good wherever he went. Both in Houston and Philly.

He'd be a great pickup if we were a 3-4 team. His best years came from playing in a 3-4.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 04:42 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: He'd be a great pickup if we were a 3-4 team. His best years came from playing in a 3-4.

Yeah, but i could see him doing better than MJ here in our 4-3. It is not like he is small.

He has a long wingspan and is 6'4", i think he would fit what we need in our rotation.

Upgrade over MJ, Hunt and Gilberry IMO.
Reply/Quote
He's visiting the Rams today. Guess this ship sailed.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2017, 11:26 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: He's visiting the Rams today. Guess this ship sailed.

Agreed. They will overpay if necessary like they did with Whit. The move to LA has them trying to rally a fan base. Mike Brown could care less about his fans. He is still getting paid regardless.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
This is what happens with all promising free agents. Just look at Nick Fairley last year.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I'd say the team is done. They brought back Andre Smith. I don't expect any more signings until after Week 1 when the contracts aren't guaranteed.
Reply/Quote
Connor Barwin is signing with the Rams:

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2017/03/rams-to-sign-connor-barwin
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 08:34 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Connor Barwin is signing with the Rams:

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2017/03/rams-to-sign-connor-barwin

Yup he is gonna be a Ram.
Reply/Quote