Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keep AJ
If he is willing to take a team friendly deal. I think he will!

Unlike some posters on here, I Like what I’ve been seeing from AJ. Does he need to make the tough catches, yes! But he would be a great #3 on this team. Higgins Boyd and AJ on a team friendly deal looks great for the future. Come on AJ, be a team player man!
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 10:10 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: If he is willing to take a team friendly deal. I think he will!

Unlike some posters on here, I Like what I’ve been seeing from AJ. Does he need to make the tough catches, yes! But he would be a great #3 on this team. Higgins Boyd and AJ on a team friendly deal looks great for the future. Come on AJ, be a team player man!

I'm still on the fence (if he didn't have the past 2 weeks, I'd say that we need to end the relationship); I don't think he'll ever be the AJ of old, but if he can transition his game a bit, I don't see him NOT helping out the team.

If he became a 50 catch, 800 yard, 5 TD guy who's more a possession/underneath guy, while Higgins becomes your outside man and Boyd is a hybrid of the two roles, we'd be in good hands.

But it would need to be like a 3 year, 27-33 mil contract, with only 15 guaranteed; he has to accept a team-friendly deal.

It appears like something woke him up last week.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I rather get a 3 or 4 round draft pick personally if we can trade him... I think he's shown he's worth it for a playoff team
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
One of the greatest Bengals of all time! Love the player and the character he brought to the field.

But, he will command too many dollars... remember the cap will go down next year. We are fundamentally better off using that money elsewhere. And extra draft picks will be very helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
At the right price, I am fine with it, as well. Have young guys to take care of the higher positions. Cheap, experience and flashes time to time. Larry Fitzgerald type of thing. Higher price tag? He can go.
Reply/Quote
You know if you want to trade players they have to be performing well right? So now is time to trade if anyone is offering.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Unless a "team friendly deal" is sub 5 mil per, then no freaking way.

You've got two building blocks in Boyd and Higgins, and you can get value elsewhere. You can also get younger.

This team needs to learn from their mistakes. Quit hanging on to declining veterans because of familiarity. We need to move on.

Lastly, tell me why AJ would take less money to stay here? He's only got a few years left, why not go somewhere he can win? What keeps him? The lovely Ohio weather and practicing out in the cold and rain like a high shcool kid?

If we were to keep AJ, it most likely means paying him more than most. That's not a deal.
Reply/Quote
It’s probably time to move on. Between the drop off in play, and the inability to stay healthy, he’s just not worth it.

It’s crazy he doesn’t have a single TD through 7 games. Chad’s record seems pretty safe at this point.

Reply/Quote
I like the signs of life that A.J. is showing, but it is time to say good-bye.

He has shown enough that you might get a pick in return for him right now, maybe. This team is going to need an amazing off-season to compete next year, it is far more likely that 2022 is the year you look at as when you would see a real push.

I don't think A.J. has that much left in the tank to be a top target once the rebuild is complete.

Trade him to a team like Green Bay that needs a WR badly, and let him leave on good terms and go get a playoff win, maybe even a ring.

This team just needs to focus on the youth movement.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 10:27 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Unless a "team friendly deal" is sub 5 mil per, then no freaking way.

You've got two building blocks in Boyd and Higgins, and you can get value elsewhere. You can also get younger.

This team needs to learn from their mistakes. Quit hanging on to declining veterans because of familiarity. We need to move on.

Lastly, tell me why AJ would take less money to stay here? He's only got a few years left, why not go somewhere he can win? What keeps him? The lovely Ohio weather and practicing out in the cold and rain like a high shcool kid?

If we were to keep AJ, it most likely means paying him more than most. That's not a deal.

I agree, it needs to be on the cheap more in the 6-8 range I think is doable.

Why would he stay?
1. Loyalty to a fault like his idols Larry and Calvin
2. Quiet career, AJ doesn’t like the media
3. Gets to play with Burrow
4. Finally get a playoff win in Cinci, career closure/accomplishment
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 10:27 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Unless a "team friendly deal" is sub 5 mil per, then no freaking way.

You've got two building blocks in Boyd and Higgins, and you can get value elsewhere.  You can also get younger.

This team needs to learn from their mistakes.  Quit hanging on to declining veterans because of familiarity.  We need to move on.

Lastly, tell me why AJ would take less money to stay here?  He's only got a few years left, why not go somewhere he can win?  What keeps him?  The lovely Ohio weather and practicing out in the cold and rain like a high shcool kid?

If we were to keep AJ, it most likely means paying him more than most.  That's not a deal.

I find myself agreeing with this.
Reply/Quote
The fact that we had to tag him to keep him and he wasn't happy about it is pretty telling. I think we should trade him while his stock is up (as up as a player with less than 300 yards and 0 TDs in 7 games can be) rather than rolling the dice on next year where he has the option to take a 1 year deal with a contender or get a long term deal out of a desperate GM.
Reply/Quote
It’s time to move on.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 10:47 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I agree, it needs to be on the cheap more in the 6-8 range I think is doable.

Why would he stay?
1. Loyalty to a fault like his idols Larry and Calvin
2. Quiet career, AJ doesn’t like the media
3. Gets to play with Burrow
4. Finally get a playoff win in Cinci, career closure/accomplishment

8 still seems pretty high for a #3 WR. And I seriously doubt he’d take less than that.

Reply/Quote
Just to be clear, I still think we should trade him if possible right now.

I do however think he has had a more positive impact on these last two games than people are giving him credit for.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 10:58 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: It’s time to move on.

That’s absolutely correct. It’s time to offer up AJ Green to a playoff contender. What can we get in return? More, now that he is playing better.
Reply/Quote
I'm interested to see how he plays the rest of the year. There is a lot of football left to play.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 11:12 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: That’s absolutely correct. It’s time to offer up AJ Green to a playoff contender. What can we get in return? More, now that he is playing better.

Yep, I’m hoping for once in MB’s 30 year GM career he’ll be proactive and move these guys for picks. But I’m not holding my breath.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 11:14 PM)bengaloo Wrote: I'm interested to see how he plays the rest of the year. There is a lot of football left to play.

Even if he plays well we have to stop paying over the hill players. It’s killing us with Geno and Dunlap right now.

Whit was the lone exception. If they’re still playing at an All Pro level it’s different.

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 10:10 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: If he is willing to take a team friendly deal. I think he will!

I love AJ Green, he let the Ravens game get the best of him. He admitted it though.

He came out and apologized, to us the fans, to his teammates and most importantly to himself.

He committed himself to the team and to getting better. He acted like a grown ass man and a professional.

It's good to have leaders like that in the locker room.

We've seen what happens both ways this year, unfortunately. Looking at you Dunlap.
[Image: i-8rLM4gw-M.jpg]
Reply/Quote