Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Keeping Tee Higgins is not that impossible.
(09-09-2023, 05:39 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Of course it is doable the argument is it worth it to handcuff team in other areas, I  don't think so.. we were to better served to invest deeper in other positions and draft a WR 

Yep. It's basically:

Higgins

or)

Reader, Boyd, Jonah. (Something like that.)

And paying Burrow and Chase will cost other positions too.

It's why the Chiefs traded Hill. It happens.
Reply/Quote
I will (happily) eat a shoe if Tee re-signs with the Bengals.

He has watched the WR market. He knows the money he stands to make by going to a team that will undoubtedly throw a lot of money his way to be the WR1. He's probably willing to play out his deal here, maybe even take the tag next year.

But unless both he and Chase decide that they will take pay cuts to stay here (which they probably won't/shouldn't), I don't see Tee being here long term.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Justin Jefferson didn't set the top of the market this off-season and is pushing it until next year. That can affect guys like Tee Higgins who has to sign into a Tier behind Jefferson but what number is that when we dont know the top number.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2023, 08:29 PM)impactplaya Wrote: No he is  not. Some believe on here all you gotta do is 
Draft a WR from the Ivy League and from America's
Heartland and waaa-la you can show Tee the door.
Tee has so many intangibles you can't coach up.
Radius, outrageous hops, the ability to break tackles 
If you re-did that draft class Tee would have gone Top 15. 

I'm not even sure we can replace Tee with a 2nd round pick. You got to figure we won't draft at the top of rounds for awhile either.  Tee was the 1st pick in round two..basically a fortunate drop.  Our round two picks are now in the upper 50's...much harder to get a player of that value.  
Reply/Quote
Remember Zimmer being very upset when MB let Jonathan Joseph go to the Texans.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2023, 08:45 PM)Goalpost Wrote: I'm not even sure we can replace Tee with a 2nd round pick. You got to figure we won't draft at the top of rounds for awhile either.  Tee was the 1st pick in round two..basically a fortunate drop.  Our round two picks are now in the upper 50's...much harder to get a player of that value.  

The number of fans that just wanna move on from a proven young stud receiver is weird AF . I want Katie and the crew to do everything they can to keep him. If they can't agree on a deal, then so be it, but go balls to wall trying to make it happen. 
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2023, 08:45 PM)Goalpost Wrote: I'm not even sure we can replace Tee with a 2nd round pick. You got to figure we won't draft at the top of rounds for awhile either.  Tee was the 1st pick in round two..basically a fortunate drop.  Our round two picks are now in the upper 50's...much harder to get a player of that value.  

If Tee is a top 15 WR, there's like a 99%+ chance that any WR we draft in the 2nd Round won't be a Top 15 WR as a rookie Year 1.

Even 1st Round WRs are iffy.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2023, 08:55 PM)Uncle Drinky Wrote: The number of fans that just wanna move on from a proven young stud receiver is weird AF . I want Katie and the crew to do everything they can to keep him. If they can't agree on a deal, then so be it, but go balls to wall trying to make it happen. 

I don’t think anyone “wants” to move on from Tee. Why would they? He’s a very good young player. People are just being realistic. They have an even better WR on the roster, and you can’t pay everyone. Not to mention dude’s agent is notoriously hard to work with.

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2023, 09:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t think anyone “wants” to move on from Tee. Why would they? He’s a very good young player. People are just being realistic. They have an even better WR on the roster, and you can’t pay everyone. Not to mention dude’s agent is notoriously hard to work with.

Yep.  

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2023, 09:16 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: If Tee is a top 15 WR, there's like a 99%+ chance that any WR we draft in the 2nd Round won't be a Top 15 WR as a rookie Year 1.

What if we draft a WR in 1st round  plus get a 2nd for Tee in draft on trade draft a quality Oline  and with $$ we have saved on tee... sign boyd and resign a lineman ...hmmm 
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2023, 09:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t think anyone “wants” to move on from Tee. Why would they? He’s a very good young player. People are just being realistic. They have an even better WR on the roster, and you can’t pay everyone. Not to mention dude’s agent is notoriously hard to work with.

LOL The starting D line is taking up almost a quarter of the used cap this year,, but pretty much everyone was cool with extending Trey and wants DJ re-signed. Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
My $.02 is to use the Transition Tag on Tee. We get the opportunity to match whatever deal goes his way, or we get compensation. If no one wants to offer him something out of fear we match it, the tag number will be incentive on his part for him to sit down and work out a good long term deal with us.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2023, 09:47 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: My $.02 is to use the Transition Tag on Tee.  We get the opportunity to match whatever deal goes his way, or we get compensation.  If no one wants to offer him something out of fear we match it, the tag number will be incentive on his part for him to sit down and work out a good long term deal with us.

There's no compensation with the transition tag. You match the offer or lose the player.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2023, 09:47 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: My $.02 is to use the Transition Tag on Tee. We get the opportunity to match whatever deal goes his way, or we get compensation. If no one wants to offer him something out of fear we match it, the tag number will be incentive on his part for him to sit down and work out a good long term deal with us.

Transition is less money but i think this would be best for the team. Tee could always hold out in this situation though
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2023, 09:55 PM)Eraserhead Wrote: There's no compensation for transition tag losses.

2 first rounders isn’t it
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2023, 09:57 PM)Housh Wrote: 2 first rounders isn’t it

That's for non-exclusive franchise tags.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2023, 09:16 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: If Tee is a top 15 WR, there's like a 99%+ chance that any WR we draft in the 2nd Round won't be a Top 15 WR as a rookie Year 1.

Tee wasn't really a world beater his rookie season..
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2023, 09:56 PM)Housh Wrote: Transition is less money but i think this would be best for the team. Tee could always hold out in this situation though

We would never use the transition tag.

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2023, 09:32 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote:  What if we draft a WR in 1st round  plus get a 2nd for Tee in draft on trade draft a quality Oline  and with $$ we have saved on tee... sign boyd and resign a lineman ...hmmm 

Our last 2nd round oline draft pick barely made the roster in his 3rd year....

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2023, 09:42 PM)Eraserhead Wrote: LOL The starting D line is taking up almost a quarter of the used cap this year,, but pretty much everyone was cool with extending Trey and wants DJ re-signed. Rolleyes

Might be an unpopular opinion but I’m not really sure they should re-sign Reader either. Not at his age, injury history, and what it will likely cost.

Trey was pretty much a must. You can’t win in this league without a dominant pass rusher.

Reply/Quote