Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Keeping Tee Will Have Some Consequences
Obviously we are keeping Joe, so that is a no brainer. But keeping Tee with Joe and soon Chase, thats going to cost us alot of money. I know people aren't happy with so many players leaving in FA but this is what happens when we sign the big contracts coming up. Something will have to give.

I am just ECSTATIC we still have Lou and the other coaches. That is key. Those guys are going to find people to fit the system. Let them work their magic. They haven't let us down yet so let just let the process play out this offseason with FA and the draft.

We will be back on top competing for the ring this upcoming year...and the guys who left most likely wont but they will be getting whats most important to them..their money.
Reply/Quote
True, but realistically, this is the last year we'll have these coaches.

We almost lost a few. That won't happen again.

Plus, we have a small window. The iron is hot right now. Strike, damn you. STRIKE.

It'll take some spending to get there. I'm not sure they have it in them.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 03:43 PM)GodFather Wrote: Obviously we are keeping Joe, so that is a no brainer. But keeping Tee with Joe and soon Chase, thats going to cost us alot of money. I know people aren't happy with so many players leaving in FA but this is what happens when we sign the big contracts coming up. Something will have to give.

I am just ECSTATIC we still have Lou and the other coaches. That is key. Those guys are going to find people to fit the system. Let them work their magic. They haven't let us down yet so let just let the process play out this offseason with FA and the draft.

We will be back on top competing for the ring this upcoming year...and the guys who left most likely wont but they will be getting whats most important to them..their money.

offense will have to start putting up bigger numbers if that side of the ball is where the money goes.

Defense has been strong the last few years if they drop offense will need to climb
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 04:00 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: offense will have to start putting up bigger numbers if that side of the ball is where the money goes.

Defense has been strong the last few years if they drop offense will need to climb

Some aren't going to like the sound of this, but paying huge money to two top recevers, along with a premier franchise QB is just wasteful.  It robs the team of the ability to put a strong "rest of the team" around them.  When you have a true franchise QB like Joe Burrow, he will develop average players into stars.  Just put the spending where it belongs, on an OL and solid defense.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 04:13 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Some aren't going to like the sound of this, but paying huge money to two top recevers, along with a premier franchise QB is just wasteful.  It robs the team of the ability to put a strong "rest of the team" around them.  When you have a true franchise QB like Joe Burrow, he will develop average players into stars.  Just put the spending where it belongs, on an OL and solid defense.

i agree 100%... gotta have a team and trenches and defense 
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 04:13 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Some aren't going to like the sound of this, but paying huge money to two top recevers, along with a premier franchise QB is just wasteful.  It robs the team of the ability to put a strong "rest of the team" around them.  When you have a true franchise QB like Joe Burrow, he will develop average players into stars.  Just put the spending where it belongs, on an OL and solid defense.

Yes. IF we could trade Tee for an AJ Brown type deal...maybe that's the way to go. And I like Tee.

And IF we have that much money in Tee and Chase and 1 gets hurt...really bad.
Reply/Quote

I agree with you to a point, will Irwin make the big consistent plays Chase And Tee do in the major moments? No, but it is a fine line in not putting all your eggs in one basket. 

On another note, they have every intention keeping Tee, but will they be able too? He has the same agent as Bates and we havent secured one deal with that agent yet. So I see it as a very hard thing. We will have him this year and I have no doubt they will put the franchise tag on him next year if a deal doesn't get done.

But I do think they are being very tight with money on the intention of keeping the three together. 
Reply/Quote

I agree with you. If someone offers a great deal for Tee I think the Bengals should seriously consider it. I’d rather get something for him instead of letting him walk while just receiving a comp pick. It pains me to say that because I really like Tee.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 04:19 PM)GodFather Wrote: I agree with you to a point, will Irwin make the big consistent plays Chase And Tee do in the major moments? No, but it is a fine line in not putting all your eggs in one basket. 

On another note, they have every intention keeping Tee, but will they be able too? He has the same agent as Bates and we havent secured one deal with that agent yet. So I see it as a very hard thing. We will have him this year and I have no doubt they will put the franchise tag on him next year if a deal doesn't get done.

But I do think they are being very tight with money on the intention of keeping the three together. 

That's where you either bring in a DJ Chark...and/or draft a WR in the 2nd/3rd Round. Heck, maybe with a pick you trade him for.

It's not trade Tee and do nothing.
Reply/Quote
Those consequences, are gonna,be down the road a bit. Tee/Joe/Chase all on extensions won't happen until 2026.
Reply/Quote
It will be fine if they pay Tee and Chase they will just have to fill in around them just like if they didn't pay Tee they would have to fill his spot. They have a good shot at paying all 3 because they can spread out the cap hits over at the end of the rookie contract which helps alot.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 04:22 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That's where you either bring in a DJ Chark...and/or draft a WR in the 2nd/3rd Round. Heck, maybe with a pick you trade him for.

It's not trade Tee and do nothing.

Historically, this team drafts well at WR and RB.  They can find quality skill players in any draft, and stay low budget at those positions.  Where they have struggled in the past decade is with OL, too many swings and misses. That is where some money must be invested, in keeping Joe Burrow healthy and deadly.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

When you get a top WR star, with good chemistry, as Tee has with Burrow, I would try to keep him. I understand that the Chiefs let Hill go. But Mahomes is a very different kind of QB than Burrow and the Chiefs have a superstar in Kelce and signed Smith-Schuster as a FA and have quite a talented WR core. And, quite frankly, I think they have lucked out schedule wise, giving them homefield advantage every single season. 

I would hate to give up such a big advantage over other teams such as the Bengals have with Chase and Higgens. I am sure Boyd will be gone and then the Bengals will be looking at Chase being doubled and the passing game disappearing. And remember, the Bengals don't have a TE like Kelce. The Bengals live with their passing game. When that dries up, the wins will dry up.
Reply/Quote
Dynasties like Patriots and KC never caught feelings for their "star" players. We as fans may want the big 3 together, but the FO should know what that would mean for the roster. It's a mistake most people say teams make when they reach the SB (trying to sign all their big players back. That's not the exact saying but the jest of it)

I'm still not sold they can work with his agent which would make all this worse if we lose him anyway.

We still have 2 more years with Tee, and 4 more with Chase. He shouldn't be the focus right now. Neither should Chase. We should be trying to win in 2023. Their approach is very disappointing.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I know mofos literally aren’t in here salty and crying about keeping Tee because we lost god damn Samaje Perine and Hayden Hurst

I’m logging off

Who TF cares who RB2 and TE1 is if we’ve got Chase and Tee?

Jesus Christ this is ridiculous
-Housh
Reply/Quote

Where the hell do you think our money has gone recently?

Just cashed out for 3 offensive linemen last offseason

Gave Reader and Trey H big deals before that.

You guys need to log off during free agency. This is getting insane.

We are not literally about to start making threads about Tee because guys like Bell and Perine left. FOH

Excuse my tone i just think it’s utter nonsense to question keeping Tee after losing guys like Perine and Bates and Hurst. As if Tee isn’t a WR1 and isn’t worth losing a few guys
-Housh
Reply/Quote

I honestly thought we learned something from the Kansas City game this year.  The Bengals had better weapons, a healthier qb, and a good enough defense.  The difference was the o-lines and the run game.  

Keeping all 3 of those guys is going to make building a good o-line very difficult.  The Burrow era narrative of a superstar qb being limited by subpar line play could be a theme for the length of his time here if they go for lots of shiny toys over adequate blockers.
Reply/Quote
I mean if you going to ignore we lost the back end of the Defense in the bombs away AFC and will likely lose Reader, Chido, Hendrickson, Hubbard etc next offseason forced by the need to spend 100+ million on Tee and creating this no 3rd contract philosophy then so be it.

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 04:52 PM)Housh Wrote: Where the hell do you think our money has gone recently?

Just cashed out for 3 offensive linemen last offseason

Gave Reader and Trey H big deals before that.

You guys need to log off during free agency. This is getting insane.

We are not literally about to start making threads about Tee because guys like Bell and Perine left. FOH

You probably do need to take a cold shower. This thread should not have your pants this brown.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Misdirected anger. Frustration with the team tends to causes folks to turn on each other.

Reply/Quote