Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kelce now on KC injury list as "questionable?"
Ol Butterfingers...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2023, 07:15 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Fake? No.  Use it to impart some confusion in an opponent's head prior to a big game under the guise of "gamesmanship"?  Absolutely.

Like previously stated, New England did this for nearly 20 years during the Brady/Belichick run.

Yup. If a guy stubbed his toe he was questionable with a foot. 

Might be NFL urban legend, but I thought I heard the NFL threatened punishment after a very minor injury was not on the injury report, so one of those "over compliance" things happened. Every boo-boo gets reported.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2023, 07:04 PM)tBengal Wrote: He’ll play, this is mind games by the Chiefs, same with Mahomes ankle.

So you think mahomes faked injury in ga.e knowing he could be Jags acting hurt, come on 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2023, 07:04 PM)tBengal Wrote: He’ll play, this is mind games by the Chiefs, same with Mahomes ankle.

So what is Hurst calf? 
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2023, 08:27 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Exactly. Everyone is dinged up at this point, so you can pretty much list anyone.

I don't buy it at all, and I doubt the Bengals will change their plans based on this.

Kelse is a huge part of their offense and we will scheme accordingly.

He probably slept on it wrong and the Chiefs decided to throw out the questionable tag to mess with us. I fully expect Kelce to be out there for the majority of snaps.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2023, 10:44 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: So you think mahomes faked injury in ga.e knowing he could be Jags acting hurt, come on 

No….I don’t think Mahomes faked his injury. I do think the Chiefs try to do some funky injury updates. They may have “misdiagnosed” his injury, though. Same with Kelce.

As Zac stated…”we’re preparing for their best players”.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2023, 07:09 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Are teams allowed to fake injury  reports?

No but if he had a headache or a hangnail they could list him as questionable.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2023, 01:03 AM)TheFan Wrote: So what is Hurst calf? 

Scientifically, it's known as the gastrocnemius.  It's a "larger, two-headed muscle on the back of the lower leg that runs form the condyles (bony protrusions) on the thighbone to the Achilles tendon.  The smaller muscle of the calf, known as the soleus, originates beneath the gastrocnemius and is used to extend the foot when the knee is bent.  Unlike the gastrocnemius, the soleus does not cross the knee joint."  

A "Hurst calf" could be a few things.  It could be the progeny of two cattle, one non castrated male aka a "bull" in addition to one female known as a "cow".  The offspring of these animals would be known as calves, or singularly a calf.  On old man Hurst's farm, this offspring would be a Hurst calf.  

Another explanation would be that it could be the aforementioned muscles on a person by the name of Hurst.

It could also be a relatively obscure cocktail originating in California.  The "Hurst Calf", popular in the 1950's, was said to be preferred by newspaper mogul and tycoon William Randolph Hurst as a delightful refreshment on the links or after a long day of work.  It's exact ingredients and recipe are largely lost to time.  In some cryptobartending circles, it is believed that the licorice spice known as anise was a primary ingredient, along with a healthy amount of rum, some white wine, and the peculiar addition of 4 tablespoons of large-curd cottage cheese. 
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2023, 10:44 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: So you think mahomes faked injury in ga.e knowing he could be Jags acting hurt, come on 

I said as soon as that play happened it looled like a high ankle sprain at best....
Reply/Quote

Yeah, I am sure Lou has completely changed the defensive strategy and they won't bracket him with Hilton, Bell, and sometimes Flowers.   Ninja

Nice try, Andy.  They will take him away more than anything.  I just hope the rest of the group is up to stopping Pacheco.  
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2023, 11:33 AM)samhain Wrote: Scientifically, it's known as the gastrocnemius.  It's a "larger, two-headed muscle on the back of the lower leg that runs form the condyles (bony protrusions) on the thighbone to the Achilles tendon.  The smaller muscle of the calf, known as the soleus, originates beneath the gastrocnemius and is used to extend the foot when the knee is bent.  Unlike the gastrocnemius, the soleus does not cross the knee joint."  

A "Hurst calf" could be a few things.  It could be the progeny of two cattle, one non castrated male aka a "bull" in addition to one female known as a "cow".  The offspring of these animals would be known as calves, or singularly a calf.  On old man Hurst's farm, this offspring would be a Hurst calf.  

Another explanation would be that it could be the aforementioned muscles on a person by the name of Hurst.

It could also be a relatively obscure cocktail originating in California.  The "Hurst Calf", popular in the 1950's, was said to be preferred by newspaper mogul and tycoon William Randolph Hurst as a delightful refreshment on the links or after a long day of work.  It's exact ingredients and recipe are largely lost to time.  In some cryptobartending circles, it is believed that the licorice spice known as anise was a primary ingredient, along with a healthy amount of rum, some white wine, and the peculiar addition of 4 tablespoons of large-curd cottage cheese. 
The things you learn on here!! Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2023, 11:33 AM)samhain Wrote: Scientifically, it's known as the gastrocnemius.  It's a "larger, two-headed muscle on the back of the lower leg that runs form the condyles (bony protrusions) on the thighbone to the Achilles tendon.  The smaller muscle of the calf, known as the soleus, originates beneath the gastrocnemius and is used to extend the foot when the knee is bent.  Unlike the gastrocnemius, the soleus does not cross the knee joint."  

Best post I’ve seen in a long time! 
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
KC has a lot of built in excuses for losing this game. I still think we get due credit for winning though.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2023, 04:09 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: He probably slept on it wrong and the Chiefs decided to throw out the questionable tag to mess with us. I fully expect Kelce to be out there for the majority of snaps.

Hey, I slept wrong and messed up my shoulder last week. Sleeping can be dangerous. I feel bad for him if that’s what happened. Hurts like a sob.
Reply/Quote
I think this is all just mind games by the Chiefs. Or not. **** knows.

[Image: UahsiIk.jpeg]
Reply/Quote
That sounds terrible!  Who the hell would mix cottage cheese with alcohol in a drink?  That sounds like vomit and no wonder why it was lost to time.   Give me a Hudey Delight and a bottle of Titos with a jar of olives and I'm good to go. 
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2023, 04:08 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: That sounds terrible!  Who the hell would mix cottage cheese with alcohol in a drink?  That sounds like vomit and no wonder why it was lost to time.   Give me a Hudey Delight and a bottle of Titos with a jar of olives and I'm good to go. 

I might have made some of that post up.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2023, 05:23 PM)samhain Wrote: I might have made some of that post up.

That dry response is almost funnier than the original post.   ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2023, 05:23 PM)samhain Wrote: I might have made some of that post up.

Wish I had known before swilling some licorice flavored, white wine, rum, and large curd cottage cheese drink. 

I've had worse, but it was a little chewy. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
As expected he's going to play evidently had back spasms.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote