Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kelce now on KC injury list as "questionable?"
(01-29-2023, 02:09 AM)QueenCity Wrote: As expected he's going to play evidently had back spasms.

What? You don’t say? What? No way!
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Imagine our offense with Travis Kelce

We’d have Boyd and Kelce kinda operating in that middle area.

There would be no way you could bracket Chase and Tee. You would absolutely have to only double/bracket one of those guys
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Jay Glazer just reported that Kelce is a game time decision- his back locked up on the last play of practice Friday and he’s had anti-inflammatory treatment Friday Saturday and this morning
Reply/Quote
They are just trying to load up on excuses to explain to their fan base.
Reply/Quote
I’d expect him to dress and do a Higgins against the Ravens.

A locked back in that weather will feel terrible regardless of what shit he gets pumped with.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2023, 04:43 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: I’d expect him to dress and do a Higgins against the Ravens.

A locked back in that weather will feel terrible regardless of what shit he gets pumped with.

Especially after a few hits releasing off the line. My back has locked up
Before and I can’t imagine playing TE with it
Reply/Quote
He’ll play.

Bet the ranch.

This is nothing but gamesmanship by Andy Reid, right out of Belichick’s book.
Reply/Quote
As always it’s the internet so believe me or not, but my guy who is a low level part of the KC organization said it is in fact real and a concern in the building. The real concern is not if he feels good enough to start but if he will be effective in the cold after taking hits. I was told expect him to be active but his utilization will be directly tied to how he take the first hit or two.
Reply/Quote
My back locked up only once.. had a disc that went bad. The pain was no joke and I was sidelined from just normal activities for a couple weeks.

That said does anyone really believe that Kelci is even in danger of missing a couple snaps? I'd put the over on 90% of snaps played today if I could LOL
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
The SB is one heck of an incentive for Kelce to suck it up, tough it out and get a double-dosed injection to deal with any pain.

He’ll play.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2023, 04:50 PM)Au165 Wrote: As always it’s the internet so believe me or not, but my guy who is a low level part of the KC organization said it is in fact real and a concern in the building. The real concern is not if he feels good enough to start but if he will be effective in the cold after taking hits. I was told expect him to be active but his utilization will be directly tied to how he take the first hit or two.

I’ll believe you. Would be a weird thing to make up.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2023, 04:57 PM)Whacked Wrote: The SB is one heck of an incentive for Kelce to suck it up, tough it out and get a double-dosed injection to deal with any pain.

He’ll play.

Not only will he play but I wouldnt be surprised if he goes off and has a monster game.  
Reply/Quote
Kelce and Mahomes will be out there ready to play hard. Typical head games. This is the big one, they will both have to be in a wheel chair to sit out tonights game.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2023, 05:05 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: Not only will he play but I wouldnt be surprised if he goes off and has a monster game.  

Don't think he's "went off" on the Bengals yet... they play him very well all things considered. 

Back injury in 18 degree weather even shot up can't feel too good.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2023, 04:50 PM)Au165 Wrote: As always it’s the internet so believe me or not, but my guy who is a low level part of the KC organization said it is in fact real and a concern in the building. The real concern is not if he feels good enough to start but if he will be effective in the cold after taking hits. I was told expect him to be active but his utilization will be directly tied to how he take the first hit or two.

Navigating the cold weather will be the biggest thing for both Kelce and Mahomes. A warmer day would help them but i'm not sad that it's going to be cold.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2023, 05:07 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Don't think he's "went off" on the Bengals yet... they play him very well all things considered. 

Back injury in 18 degree weather even shot up can't feel too good.

FOr the average person, Im sure it wouldnt feel good.  But hes a world class athlete playing in a huge game with a ton of motivation to play well.  Maybe his last best shot to get another SB win.  I doubt hes sitting much for this one.  
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2023, 05:10 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: FOr the average person, Im sure it wouldnt feel good.  But hes a world class athlete playing in a huge game with a ton of motivation to play well.  Maybe his last best shot to get another SB win.  I doubt hes sitting much for this one.  

I agree... I said he'd play 90% of snaps if not all of them. 

Just hoping he's not effective or effective as a decoy leading to huge plays
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2023, 05:12 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I agree... I said he'd play 90% of snaps if not all of them. 

Just hoping he's not effective or effective as a decoy leading to huge plays

Hey, Ill take any advantage we can get.  If hes banged up and truly wont be as effective, Ill take it all day long.  
Reply/Quote
Temperatures in the teens and a spasming back are not something I would want to be dealing with if I'm Kelce

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2023, 05:13 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: Hey, Ill take any advantage we can get.  If hes banged up and truly wont be as effective, Ill take it all day long.  

I've been the fan of a team that lost their starting QB on the 2nd play of a playoff game due to injury. I've also been the fan of a team that lost their starting QB in an MVP type season right before the playoffs. I've been the fan of a team that has lost or missed out on so many things over the last 44 seasons that i'm not sad for the Chiefs at all if they have to deal with some injuries to key players. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote