Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ken Anderson-there is always next year
(08-04-2023, 09:55 AM)Sled21 Wrote: "Coach, I look like a **** *** an elephant!"

"Go out there and catch the ball for a change!"
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2023, 06:16 PM)pally Wrote: Ken Anderson is one of the 31 semi-finalists for the NFL Hall of Fame senior committee.  This is his 3rd time as a semi finalist.

Next round of voting is July 27.  The finalists will be voted on Aug 22

It was awesome seeing Ken Riley get in last night. Thought it was cool about what both Dungy and Collinwsorth said about the Legend.

Still, Kenny Anderson needs to be next.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2023, 01:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It was awesome seeing Ken Riley get in last night. Thought it was cool about what both Dungy and Collinwsorth said about the Legend.

They did the right thing and put Ken in. Now they need to do it again and put Kenny in.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2023, 01:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It was awesome seeing Ken Riley get in last night. Thought it was cool about what both Dungy and Collinwsorth said about the Legend.

(08-04-2023, 01:57 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: They did the right thing and put Ken in. Now they need to do it again and put Kenny in.

Agreed.
It's fantastic seeing Riley get in finally. He was a no-brainer just on his INTs alone.
Kenny Anderson also feels like a no-brainer. Maybe Willie Anderson after that when it comes to next-greatest Bengal.
After that though, I think it may be tough to make an argument for any other Bengal over all the other players available across the league.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
they're gonna wait til after he's dead to put him in canton

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2023, 02:05 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Agreed.
It's fantastic seeing Riley get in finally. He was a no-brainer just on his INTs alone.
Kenny Anderson also feels like a no-brainer. Maybe Willie Anderson after that when it comes to next-greatest Bengal.
After that though, I think it may be tough to make an argument for any other Bengal over all the other players available across the league.

Krumrie should be in, as well as Casanova,
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2023, 03:36 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Krumrie should be in, as well as Casanova,

Into the HOF? Or into the Bengals Ring of Honor?

If the HOF, I think you'd have a hard time making an argument for these guys over all the other potential guys who would be eligible.

Krumrie's best argument might be that he had over 1000 tackles, which may be Top 5 all-time for DL?

How exactly would Casanova get into the HOF with just 6 seasons played? As good as he was for that short time, he doesn't have the long career that HOFers do.
About the only guy I can think of who got into the HOF with a shorter career was Calvin Johnson, and he still played 9 years.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2023, 01:57 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: They did the right thing and put Ken in. Now they need to do it again and put Kenny in.

Yep Kenny needs to be the next Bengal in no question.

Dungy asking Riley to coach for him and Riley turning him down to go coach for his alma mater was cool.

Also liked when Collinsworth was talking about how he was the green youngin' and Riley was taking him under his wing.

"There ain't no turkey farm man". lol

As Sled just said, Krumrie and Casanova were great. Isaac Curtis was also before his time and Fulcher the Vulture was that big 
hard hitting Safety that later others tried to emulate, I am sure. These are more Ring of Honor guys though. Maybe once Burrow
and our guys start winning Super Bowls these guys might get a shot yah never know.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2023, 04:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yep Kenny needs to be the next Bengal in no question.

Dungy asking Riley to coach for him and Riley turning him down to go coach for his alma mater was cool.

Also liked when Collinsworth was talking about how he was the green youngin' and Riley was taking him under his wing.

"There ain't no turkey farm man". lol

As Sled just said, Krumrie and Casanova were great. Isaac Curtis was also before his time and Fulcher the Vulture was that big 
hard hitting Safety that later others tried to emulate, I am sure. These are more Ring of Honor guys though. Maybe once Burrow
and our guys start winning Super Bowls these guys might get a shot yah never know.

Isaac Curtis needs to go in right after Kenny. NFL changed the rules because of Ike.
Reply/Quote

Though Dillio. Burned be gal bridges , the year he had with NE after leaving bengals , he deserves more consideration. Whitworth will be get in .
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2023, 09:49 PM)bengalrick Wrote: Isaac Curtis needs to go in right after Kenny.  NFL changed the rules because of Ike.

Yes sir, dude was extremely fast with great hands. Jerry Rice before Jerry Rice without the stick'em.

(08-05-2023, 11:14 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Though Dillio. Burned be gal bridges , the year he had with NE after leaving bengals , he deserves more consideration. Whitworth will be get in .

Man, you do some drunk posting Essex lol
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2023, 01:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes sir, dude was extremely fast with great hands. Jerry Rice before Jerry Rice without the stick'em.

Man, you do some drunk posting Essex lol

wat akes yu tink dat? I eel im eh bery god oster. Drunk
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2023, 01:30 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: wat akes yu tink dat? I eel im eh bery god oster. Drunk

And I understood that better than Essex's post LMAO!!! Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Today the HOF Senior Committee votes on up to 3 candidates for the 2024 NFL Hall of Fame class. Keep your fingers crossed that they see the light and select former Bengals Great Kenny Anderson for the long-overdue honor. The senior candidates will have to go through one more vote, but that one is almost perfunctory as the Senior selectees are always selected.

With some luck, we will have 2 Andersons going into the HOF next year.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
My fear is they'll believe they threw us a bone with voting in Ken Riley and that they're done with us for some years to come. I only hope Kenny gets in before he too has passed away and they induct yet another Bengal posthumously.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2023, 09:49 PM)bengalrick Wrote: Isaac Curtis needs to go in right after Kenny. NFL changed the rules because of Ike.

Like the post about Krumrie and Casanova, I can think of maybe 50 players MORE-DESERVING than Curtis to be in the HoF.

Just because they were great on our teams, doesn't mean they were all-time greats (for one reason or another).
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2023, 04:56 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Into the HOF? Or into the Bengals Ring of Honor?

If the HOF, I think you'd have a hard time making an argument for these guys over all the other potential guys who would be eligible.

Krumrie's best argument might be that he had over 1000 tackles, which may be Top 5 all-time for DL?

How exactly would Casanova get into the HOF with just 6 seasons played? As good as he was for that short time, he doesn't have the long career that HOFers do.
About the only guy I can think of who got into the HOF with a shorter career was Calvin Johnson, and he still played 9 years.

I think the HOF Tiers, for me, would look like this: 

1: Kenny Anderson 
2: Willie Anderson 
3: Geno Atkins, Lemar Parrish, Chad Johnson 
4: Krumrie, Dillon, Montoya
5: Everybody else: Casanova, Green, Boomer, Curtis, Fulcher, Brooks. 

I do not think Tier 5 guys will ever get in, nor Tier 4. Tier 3 should make it. 
Reply/Quote
Best of Luck Mr Anderson.... You definitely earned it
Reply/Quote
Chad needs to get in. His impact on the culture was second to none. Players around the league still talk about him as an inspiration. He's seemingly always on the shortlist; he's almost never overlooked. That's not stats, per se, but it is something. An achievement of sorts. The HOF is partly star power, after all, and not many have more of it than Chad. Certainly no Bengals. Whatever he might have lacked in career numbers and trophies he more than made for in... basically every other area. He needs to get in.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2023, 11:26 AM)tms Wrote: Chad needs to get in. His impact on the culture was second to none. Players around the league still talk about him as an inspiration. He's seemingly always on the shortlist; he's almost never overlooked. That's not stats, per se, but it is something. An achievement of sorts. The HOF is partly star power, after all, and not many have more of it than Chad. Certainly no Bengals. Whatever he might have lacked in career numbers and trophies he more than made for in... basically every other area. He needs to get in.

While I'd love to see Chad get in, there are still quite a number of guys ahead of him among WRs.

Jimmy Smith
Anquan Boldin
Torry Holt (I honestly thought he was in already)
Steve Smith
Reggie Wayne
Andre Johnson
Brandon Marshall
Antonio Brown

As much as I hate to put Brown on that list, his 2013-2018 were absolutely monstrous. Had the dude not become a PR nightmare after leaving PIT, I have no doubt he would have gone on to become a Top 10 receiver stat-wise of all time and shoe-in for the HOF.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote