Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ken Riley officially in the HOF
(02-10-2023, 05:21 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: They just don't. I don't know why, though. Look for yourself at the Bengals HOF page. They list all of the guys mentioned, aside from Riley. T.O. and Joiner are counted as Bengals Hall of Famers. 

https://www.profootballhof.com/teams/cincinnati-bengals/

EDIT - Just saw that Riley is there, but Brown isn't. So, I guess PB isn't credited to Cincinnati.

I'd assume the NFL just lists the teams they played for during their careers. One thing we know about The Rattler; he'll only be listed for 1 team. 

Wish the NFL would have done this about 2 years ago so Ken could live the honor, but it seems dying helps your chances.  I remember they did the same with The Snake. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2023, 05:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'd assume the NFL just lists the teams they played for during their careers. One thing we know about The Rattler; he'll only be listed for 1 team. 

Wish the NFL would have done this about 2 years ago so Ken could live the honor, but it seems dying helps your chances.  I remember they did the same with The Snake. 

Yes, sorry, that's what I was trying to communicate originally. They don't induct players as a member of any specific team, not without a team. Crazy day at work. 
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2023, 05:40 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Yes, sorry, that's what I was trying to communicate originally. They don't induct players as a member of any specific team, not without a team. Crazy day at work. 

TGIF
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-10-2023, 12:39 AM)phil413 Wrote: https://hbcugameday.com/2023/02/09/famus-ken-riley-get-nod-to-pro-football-hall-of-fame/

This is great news, long time coming. Ken Riley deserves it so bad, was the best at his trade for many years. Ballhawk.
Reply/Quote
Anthony Munoz calls Ken Riley Jr at the 4:12 mark

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-10-2023, 12:39 AM)phil413 Wrote: https://hbcugameday.com/2023/02/09/famus-ken-riley-get-nod-to-pro-football-hall-of-fame/

I have a sneaky suspicion we will start seeing some entered annually for a while now.
Bengals keep winning like they are and we will stay in the news and keep getting attention.
Reply/Quote
https://youtu.be/9UoC8A3u8CY

Some nice highlights with Ken. Lots of ints but Ken's tackling was underrated. Ken would let wr's go up for the ball, but then hit them low and cartwheel them. You can see Cliff Branch of the Raiders being flipped this way, for example, as well as others in the clip.
Reply/Quote
Excellent news. Long overdue of course but finally the recognition he deserves.
Reply/Quote
Hope the Bengals also do a tribute game or something for him this season.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
I still don't understand how they continue to keep Kenny Anderson out. Joe Klecko? GMAFB.....
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2023, 06:17 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I still don't understand how they continue to keep Kenny Anderson out. Joe Klecko? GMAFB.....

Klecko was smart enough to be a Jet.  Namath was the original GMAFB HoF pick. 

I'm happy for Riley's family but thoroughly pissed this didn't happen while he was still alive.  He belongs in there today, but he ***** well belonged in their ten or fifteen years ago, too.  I'm afraid they'll do the same with Kenny and wait until he's deceased before they can get around to honoring him as well.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
His family should get a jacket and an apology.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2023, 07:53 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Klecko was smart enough to be a Jet.  Namath was the original GMAFB HoF pick. 

I'm happy for Riley's family but thoroughly pissed this didn't happen while he was still alive.  He belongs in there today, but he ***** well belonged in their ten or fifteen years ago, too.  I'm afraid they'll do the same with Kenny and wait until he's deceased before they can get around to honoring him as well.  

The WWE did the same thing to Randy "Macho Man" Savage, waiting till he died before he was inducted into the Hall of Fame.

MLB will wait till Pete Rose is dead before they re-instate him to MLB again. 
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Next year for both Kenny and Willie Anderson. Just like with Ken Riley, Kenny Anderson’s HOF trajectory has been going up. Willie has been a finalist for 2 years now and next year there is no slam dunk Olineman in front of him. It seems like there is only one slot for a lineman per class. If he doesn’t go in next year, he won’t make it as beginning in 2025 you have some marquis more recent lineman coming up for eligibility.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote