Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ken Riley to the Hall of Fame

Congrats to his family, particularly his son - Ken Jr. It will be nice to finally get a 2nd Bengal in there.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2022, 12:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
Congrats to his family, particularly his son - Ken Jr. It will be nice to finally get a 2nd Bengal in there.

Good to hear that "The Rattler" is finally getting his due.
Reply/Quote
And here’s a bigger source reporting it:

Reply/Quote
Finally.... Congrats to Ken's Family

Maybe we will get the other Ken next year
Reply/Quote
This year Ken Riley and Wille Anderson...next year Kenny Anderson.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Well deserved, Kenny Anderson next

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
The official announcement comes at 1PM

Reply/Quote
Congrats to the Riley family, but it still bugs me that he isn’t here to enjoy it. Should have been done years ago.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2022, 01:35 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Congrats to the Riley family, but it still bugs me that he isn’t here to enjoy it. Should have been done years ago.

Better late than never. I’ve heard his son speak about it, and it will mean a lot to the family.

Reply/Quote
I think he is just getting nominated.

And how can he get a nomination before Ken Anderson. Is Anderson not old enough for a "senior nominee".
Reply/Quote
He and Concepcion are the reason I always had to have #13 on whatever team I -played.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2022, 01:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I think he is just getting nominated.  

And how can he get a nomination before Ken Anderson.  Is Anderson not old enough for a "senior nominee".

Senior finalists are all but guaranteed to make it through the full committee vote.  Ken Anderson was a semi-finalist this year along with Riley.  

Reply/Quote
About damn time
Reply/Quote
Great news. Like others said, finally. Was probably the best ballhawk of his age. Congrats to the Riley family. Wink
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2022, 02:03 PM)pally Wrote: Senior finalists are all but guaranteed to make it through the full committee vote.  Ken Anderson was a semi-finalist this year along with Riley.  

I don't mean to disrespect Riley, but there is no way he should get in before Anderson.

Anderson held the NFL record for most times leading the league in passing (4) for 15 years.

He held the single season completion percentage record for TWENTY-SEVEN YEARS.  Even today when passing numbers are at historical highs only 3 QBs in NFL history have had a single-season completion-percentage higher than Anderson's 70.6 from 1982.  In 1982 the league completion percentage was 56.4.  In 2021 it was 64.8.

Riley was good but he never even sniffed any NFL records, let alone set some that stood for decades.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2022, 02:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't mean to disrespect Riley, but there is no way he should get in before Anderson.

Anderson held the NFL record for most times leading the league in passing (4) for 15 years.

He held the single season completion percentage record for TWENTY-SEVEN YEARS.  Even today when passing numbers are at historical highs only 3 QBs in NFL history have had a single-season completion-percentage higher than Anderson's 70.6 from 1982.  In 1982 the league completion percentage was 56.4.  In 2021 it was 64.8.

Riley was good but he never even sniffed any NFL records, let alone set some that stood for decades.

This isn't a Riley vs. Anderson thing. 

Take it up with the football HOF if you think Anderson should be in. Leave Riley out of it. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
It's about dang time! And it's a shame he isn't still around to see it.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2022, 02:22 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: This isn't a Riley vs. Anderson thing. 

Take it up with the football HOF if you think Anderson should be in. Leave Riley out of it. 

he's not bashing Riley, he's saying Anderson was more dominant at his position tha Riley
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2022, 02:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't mean to disrespect Riley, but there is no way he should get in before Anderson.

Ken Riley is top 5 in NFL history in interceptions. I believe everyone else in the top 10 are in HOF. Everyone on this board knows Ken Anderson deserves to be in, but this is a time to celebrate Riley, not make it a debate on whose more deserving.
Reply/Quote