Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ken "the Snake" Stabler, has passed away
http://bleacherreport.com/tb/dgZZJ

I can remember watching him, as a kid.  He had the style that Brett Favre was often compared to, before he made his own name.

RIP, Snake.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Yep, he was an amazing talent. Also enjoyed listening to him years later when TNT used to have Sunday Night Football ("Sunday NITRO!!!!"). Rest in peace, Mr. Snake.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
RIP Jake.  You led a menagerie of characters and castaways to the promised land, and it is no easy feat to get that type of crew to follow you.  You will be missed...
Reply/Quote
Wow. Sad.
Stabler was my go to QB on NFL Street.
Possibly the best Bama QB
Reply/Quote
Highball drinker.

Lowball thrower.

RIP Snake.

Hated him when he beat us in the playoffs, but he also beat the Stealers a couple of times in the postseason
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2015, 10:26 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: RIP Jake.  You led a menagerie of characters and castaways to the promised land, and it is no easy feat to get that type of crew to follow you.  You will be missed...

Jake?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2015, 12:05 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Jake?

Jake. 

From State Farm.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
RIP Kenny "The Snake" Stabler. Used to love to watch that old Raiders team. Bunch of mean ass players.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2015, 12:00 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Used to love to watch that old Raiders team.  Bunch of mean ass players.

The Steeler/Raider games from the 70's were brutal.

The defense would literally pick up a QB and slam him into the ground head first, and if he didn't get up immediately the announcers would call him "soft". Defensive backs would clothesline receivers on a regular basis. D-linemen would "headslap" the O-linemen every time they rushed the passer. Receivers and TEs would "crackback block" DEs at the knees on sweeps.

The NFL is still extremely violent today, but nothing like in the 70's.  The Steelers and Raiders were the baddest of the bad, and almost every time they played there was a lot on the line. Those games were nasty. 
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2015, 10:56 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Wow. Sad.
Stabler was my go to QB on NFL Street.
Possibly the best Bama QB

I would say he was...  Who else was close? Namath? I can't think of anyone off the top of my head.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2015, 12:00 AM)jason Wrote: I would say he was...  Who else was close? Namath? I can't think of anyone off the top of my head.

Best ever will be McCarron, once he takes the reigns and leads us to muliple SB wins Ninja
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2015, 12:00 AM)jason Wrote: I would say he was...  Who else was close? Namath? I can't think of anyone off the top of my head.

Bart Starr
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2015, 12:08 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Bart Starr

Oh yeah... He's better.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2015, 12:05 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: Best ever will be McCarron, once he takes the reigns and leads us to muliple SB wins Ninja

Somehow he slipped my mind.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

McCarron Ninja
Never mind Awful lama beat me to it.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
The Raiders were considered the bad asses back in their day. Stabler was an elite QB.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote