Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kevin Zeitler and Andrew Norwell
Wait till they cut Zeit and bring him back here for around 6 mil a year for a couple years.

Great pass blocker, I have always just criticized his run blocking but we need good pass blockers.

Get Zeit and Daryl Williams/Ricky Wagner and cut Hart = BOOM
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 03:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Wait till they cut Zeit and bring him back here for around 6 mil a year for a couple years.

Great pass blocker, I have always just criticized his run blocking but we need good pass blockers.

Get Zeit and Daryl Williams/Ricky Wagner and cut Hart = BOOM

And then draft a new LT/LG in Rd 1 or 2. Line should be set. BOOM
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 03:41 PM)ochocincos Wrote: And then draft a new LT/LG in Rd 1 or 2. Line should be set. BOOM

Yes sir. I think we could pull that off too and still get a pass rusher in FA.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 03:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes sir. I think we could pull that off too and still get a pass rusher in FA.

You mean a pass rusher in addition to re-signing Lawson?
Maybe a cheaper mid-tier IDL guy like Derek Wolfe or Solomon Thomas, but not someone I'd consider solidifying the pass rush.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 04:11 PM)ochocincos Wrote: You mean a pass rusher in addition to re-signing Lawson?
Maybe a cheaper mid-tier IDL guy like Derek Wolfe or Solomon Thomas, but not someone I'd consider solidifying the pass rush.

I actually like Thomas just because he has some inside/out versatility that could be valuable in a hybrid. Kind of a Margus Hunt type guy but younger with a little more upside. 
Reply/Quote
Not sure anyone would find this all that interesting, but I'll share it anyways.

I actually played basketball with Andrew Norwell once.

He's actually from my part of town, and it was pure coincidence. I used to go up to the park to play occassionally and one day I went up there to shoot and there were some younger guys playing so I joined in on a couple games of 21.

I had absolutely no clue who he was and he didn't necessarily look like some stud athlete. But he was BIG. And even more than that, he was suprisingly quick for being as big as he was.

Anyways, when we were finishing up I said something like "big dudes got some game". And then one of his buddies told me who "the big dude" was and that he actually saw playing time at Ohio State as a true Freshman.

So he must have been home from break or something, was probably 19 years old or something. I'm sure his coaches at OSU would have had a fit knowing he was playing in pickup games at the park.

Anyways, that's my story. He was a really nice and unassuming kid. I'm not sure how good he's been's lately, but I know he was a monster in Carolina. Would love to see him come back home and play if he's still got it.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 05:22 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote:   And even more than that, he was suprisingly quick for being as big as he was.

Tim Irwin was a starting OT for the Vikings for over a decade.  He would play in the NFL in the fall and attend UT law school in the spring.  I played basketball with him at the Rec center multiple times.  OTs were not as heavy back in the 1980's.  He was about 6'7", 290 with no gut at all.  It was incredible how quick he was.  And, of course, he was so strong no one could stop him down low.

Lots of people don't realize how athletic these giants can be.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 04:51 PM)Au165 Wrote: I actually like Thomas just because he has some inside/out versatility that could be valuable in a hybrid. Kind of a Margus Hunt type guy but younger with a little more upside. 

Wolfe has that versatility too (3-4 DE or 4-3 DT), but he's obviously older. He'd have to be a true stopgap.
I'd love to take a chance on Thomas as a redemption project and then draft a DT too to rotate with.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 05:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Tim Irwin was a starting OT for the Vikings for over a decade.  He would play in the NFL in the fall and attend UT law school in the spring.  I played basketball with him at the Rec center multiple times.  OTs were not as heavy back in the 1980's.  He was about 6'7", 290 with no gut at all.  It was incredible how quick he was.  And, of course, he was so strong no one could stop him down low.

I specifically think of things like the 40 yard dash. In comparison to the other positions, OL always look so slow.
But they still run faster than most adults, even at their size.
It's crazy.

Rich Eisen's best 40 time is 5.98 sec.
By comparison, Andre Smith's was 5.28.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 04:11 PM)ochocincos Wrote: You mean a pass rusher in addition to re-signing Lawson?

Yes and either one of those guys would be more than fine with me. 

Lou distinctly said they are going to look at pass rushers in Free Agency.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 03:41 PM)ochocincos Wrote: And then draft a new LT/LG in Rd 1 or 2. Line should be set. BOOM

Trade back in 1 and take Tucker and put him at LGThumbsUp
Reply/Quote

Trey Hendrickson
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 08:38 PM)pulses Wrote: Trade back in 1 and take Tucker and put him at LGThumbsUp

I like this as well.

(03-05-2021, 08:43 PM)pulses Wrote: Trey Hendrickson

Yes, finally some names. We need to just start a pass rushing thread regardless if it is End or DT. Going to do that right now.

Sheldon Rankins is the DT I would like to replace Geno with if we go with a DT in FA.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 05:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Tim Irwin was a starting OT for the Vikings for over a decade.  He would play in the NFL in the fall and attend UT law school in the spring.  I played basketball with him at the Rec center multiple times.  OTs were not as heavy back in the 1980's.  He was about 6'7", 290 with no gut at all.  It was incredible how quick he was.  And, of course, he was so strong no one could stop him down low.

K awesome story tho. Can’t imagine that size on the basketball court
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 08:43 PM)pulses Wrote: Trey Hendrickson

Hendrickson just had 13.5 sacks in 2020. No way the Bengals will have the money to sign both Hendrickson, Lawson, and 1-2 upgrades on OL all in FA.

Set your sights lower for another pass rusher.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-06-2021, 03:35 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Hendrickson just had 13.5 sacks in 2020. No way the Bengals will have the money to sign both Hendrickson, Lawson, and 1-2 upgrades on OL all in FA.

Set your sights lower for another pass rusher.

I was mentioning Hendrickson in case we can't/don't resign Lawson. Don't read into something that is not there. Next time just ask.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 09:26 AM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: There's also no way the Bengals are going to put so much of their resources at guard. Signing Thuney, trading for Norwell/Zeitler with XSF as #3 and Jordan as #4 would make guard their most highly paid position group, let alone the interior line as a whole if you then signed Linsley as well.

Surely you'd just wait until Norwell and/or Zeitler were released. In the current economic climate you should be able to outbid other suitors and still get them cheaper than that.

Im not a big fan of bringing guys back after several yrs...and my last impression from Zeitler was he was OK at G at the time he left and the running game was still laboring.  Id go take a look at Gabe Jackson or Norwell before looking at bringing back KZ.  
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2021, 12:47 AM)pulses Wrote: I was mentioning Hendrickson in case we can't/don't resign Lawson. Don't read into something that is not there. Next time just ask.

Would be all for not signing Lawson and bringing Hendrickson in.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2021, 03:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Would be all for not signing Lawson and bringing Hendrickson in.

I could go for that as well. Tag Lawson and trade him for a player or a pick.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2021, 03:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Would be all for not signing Lawson and bringing Hendrickson in.

Amen to that , brother. Me too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote