Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kevin Zeitler and Andrew Norwell
(03-07-2021, 12:47 AM)pulses Wrote: I was mentioning Hendrickson in case we can't/don't resign Lawson. Don't read into something that is not there. Next time just ask.

I don't think you can blame me for the way I interpreted.
You quoted my post that said, "You mean a pass rusher in addition to re-signing Lawson?"
If you respond to that and only say "Trey Hendrickson," it implies you meant in addition to re-signing Lawson.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It looks like the Eagles are open to trading Brandon Brooks, now here is a guy I would actually send a 6th for even with his big contract and age. He is coming off an injury, but he was able to practice at the end of the season, and assuming he passes a physical I am good with it. He is considered one of the best guards in the league and only carries a 10.5 mil number this coming season and it stays pretty manageable for the remaining 4 years assuming his play stays high.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2021, 09:26 AM)Au165 Wrote: It looks like the Eagles are open to trading Brandon Brooks, now here is a guy I would actually send a 6th for even with his big contract and age. He is coming off an injury, but he was able to practice at the end of the season, and assuming he passes a physical I am good with it. He is considered one of the best guards in the league and only carries a 10.5 mil number this coming season and it stays pretty manageable for the remaining 4 years assuming his play stays high.

Any word on how bad his achilles was?  I'm assuming only a partial tear since he hurt it in June and was able to practice in December.

He would definitely be a great add.  Since the Eagles would eat his bonus money against the cap, it still wouldn't be a bad contract if he falls off a bit.  Plus, he's a Miami(OH) guy, so he probably wouldn't be mad about finishing out his career back home.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2021, 09:26 AM)Au165 Wrote: It looks like the Eagles are open to trading Brandon Brooks, now here is a guy I would actually send a 6th for even with his big contract and age. He is coming off an injury, but he was able to practice at the end of the season, and assuming he passes a physical I am good with it. He is considered one of the best guards in the league and only carries a 10.5 mil number this coming season and it stays pretty manageable for the remaining 4 years assuming his play stays high.

I don't think the Eagles would trade Brooks before June unless it's for a high round draft pick.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2021, 11:43 AM)Whatever Wrote: Any word on how bad his achilles was?  I'm assuming only a partial tear since he hurt it in June and was able to practice in December.

He would definitely be a great add.  Since the Eagles would eat his bonus money against the cap, it still wouldn't be a bad contract if he falls off a bit.  Plus, he's a Miami(OH) guy, so he probably wouldn't be mad about finishing out his career back home.

He was practicing at the end of last season which is a really good sign, I think an MRI will be part of a physical but if no damage is there then I am for it.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2021, 12:03 PM)Synric Wrote: I don't think the Eagles would trade Brooks before June unless it's for a high round draft pick.

This came from a story about them potentially cutting him if they can't move him. Their cap situation is one that is pretty awful so I think with them going into rebuilding it may just be them ready to move on. 
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2021, 12:30 PM)Au165 Wrote: He was practicing at the end of last season which is a really good sign, I think an MRI will be part of a physical but if no damage is there then I am for it.

Yes, would be for this if Brooks passes a physical.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 02:42 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'd probably go closer to $8 mill APY, as I still think it's going to take a bit more to try to pull them to a rebuilding team vs a contender. A contender might be able to get them for $6 mill APY.

8M is max and probably a little high for where he is right now. I'd offer 3yr 24M with a 6M signing bonus and APY of 6M. 

I wouldn't offer Norwell. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Giants are tagging Leonard Williams bumping his salary up to 19 mil. This likely seals the deal for the eventual relsease of one or both of these players

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Zeitler is now being released as expected.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2021, 05:41 PM)Au165 Wrote: Zeitler is now being released as expected.

Yup, I would prefer to see if Norwell is released too, but I wouldn't hate a couple years of Zeitler back at RG to go with Thuney and Linsley. Would be a heck of an interior OL. Would create a real nice pocket for Burrow to step up in.

Make it happen, Tobin!

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
We can get 2 Olineman for one of the price of one of the top 2 guards (well one now).

It is something to think about not to sound so much like Hobspin.

And more options will likely shake loose.

And there are a couple of good Centers about to be available too not named Linsley (NE,Rams)

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
This opens up a lot of possibilities in the draft
Reply/Quote
I’d take Zeitler/Daryl Williams/ and Gabe Jackson for 22-23 million.With them expecting Hopkins back for the start of the year I’d assume they stand pat there, but wouldn’t mind a 3rd round center. You could even add a John Brown for the cost of a Bobby Hart and still have the ability potentially to get Carl Lawson/ Troy Hill/ and maybe a Justin Houston with the rest after cutting Geno.
Reply/Quote
Vikings cut Riley Reiff. He's on the older side but is still a solid tackle and comes from the system they want to run. He would allow them to take a tackle in the second or possibly the 3rd to sit and learn like D'Ante Smith or Spencer Brown.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Zeitler has more wear on tires than others and soso last two years I believe I probably look for a younger guard to lock up for a few years especially at his price tag
Reply/Quote
I'm all in on Thuney, but Zeitler would be a nice consolation prize. He's still a terrific pass protector and would be a nice fit for the wide zone blocking scheme. I wonder if you could get him for 8 mil per? If Sewell s drafted, it would be beneficial to have a good vet RG next to him to help him adjust to the league.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2021, 11:25 PM)samhain Wrote: I'm all in on Thuney, but Zeitler would be a nice consolation prize.  He's still a terrific pass protector and would be a nice fit for the wide zone blocking scheme.  I wonder if you could get him for 8 mil per?  If Sewell s drafted, it would be beneficial to have a good vet RG next to him to help him adjust to the league.

Why not both? Z is a RG and Thuney is a LG. Put Hopkins between those 2 and he would be fine. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2021, 08:01 PM)Synric Wrote: Vikings cut Riley Reiff. He's on the older side but is still a solid tackle and comes from the system they want to run. He would allow them to take a tackle in the second or possibly the 3rd to sit and learn like D'Ante Smith or Spencer Brown.

Reiff was someone that I felt like would have made sense to trade a 7th rounder for if he was set to be released. He was at a fair market number and is good in the wide zone system. A modest extension would have also reduced his cap number for this season. It's a missed opportunity in my book as part of getting a player in free agency is not just the $$, it is actually recruiting him to Cincinnati as well and that would have taken that part out of the equation.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2021, 12:12 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Why not both? Z is a RG and Thuney is a LG. Put Hopkins between those 2 and he would be fine. 

Sounds great to me. Love that interior OL.
Reply/Quote