Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keyshawn Johnson: "Bengals are not at the top of the class in the AFC"
Keyshawn is, at best, ranked the 476th sports broadcaster.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2022, 07:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You disagree that luck never plays a part?

Then how do you explain when even the best coaches in the league lose close games?

Coaching is important.  Without good coaching the team is not even in a position to win on a single play.  But when you win a game due to converting a third-and-27 I think it is pretty arrogant to claim that it was all because of "coaching".

Ja'Marr Chase was abusing the Chiefs that day. That third down and 37 was neither coaching nor luck. Converting that is rare but so is 266 yards and 3 TDs.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2022, 07:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You disagree that luck never plays a part?

Then how do you explain when even the best coaches in the league lose close games?

Coaching is important.  Without good coaching the team is not even in a position to win on a single play.  But when you win a game due to converting a third-and-27 I think it is pretty arrogant to claim that it was all because of "coaching".

You sure like to paint with the broadest of brushes lol

I don't believe in luck, I believe you make your own. Not all of it is coaching. Execution, discipline, talent, focus, good bounces
that go your way and heart all play a part in winning close games. No arrogance about it, when you are good you are good.

You can only put yourself into the position of winning those close games and Zac was apart of it late last season and in the 
postseason. Or do you think Zac Taylor just got lucky and it was all Joe Burrow? Guess what Burrow played okay late in the 
year and just good enough to get those wins but the D and McPherson were the toppers. Lots of things contribute.

Shouldn't ever play in absolutes. Just way to broad of a notion.
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2022, 01:05 PM)jason Wrote: Ja'Marr Chase was abusing the Chiefs that day. That third down and 37 was neither coaching nor luck. Converting that is rare but so is 266 yards and 3 TDs.

The dude is good. Sometimes uncoverable, sure was that day. Cool
Reply/Quote