Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kicker addressed....
Bullock signed today.  Thoughts?

http://www.espn.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/25993/bengals-re-sign-kicker-randy-bullock?ex_cid=espnapi_public

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He can't possibly be as bad as Nugent was this season so it's an automatic step up. I wish we could find a stud kicker like Justin Tucker but oh well.

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 12:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He can't possibly be as bad as Nugent was this season so it's an automatic step up. I wish we could find a stud kicker like Justin Tucker but oh well.

Pretty much my thoughts as well.  I assumed they would look at some kickers at the Senior Bowl first, but it doesn't appear that way.

Reply/Quote
I guess I'm ok with it, but I think we can do even better, and I wish they wouldn't just settle and keep Bullock for 8 years if he's mediocre.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
He missed the biggest kick we asked him to make, but it saved us some draft spots so I guess he deserves a shot, as long as nothing is guaranteed. I don't see Marvin going with a rookie over a vet.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
They'll still have a competition. I wouldn't say Bullock is a sure thing to be on the team next year.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
It sounds like a competition between him the guy we got last year and possibly a rookie.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 12:47 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: They'll still have a competition. I wouldn't say Bullock is a sure thing to be on the team next year.

(01-26-2017, 12:54 PM)Au165 Wrote: It sounds like a competition between him the guy we got last year and possibly a rookie.

This is what I hope as well....he is definitely an upgrade over Nuge, but I just want to see some competition at the spot for a change.  Real competition.

Reply/Quote
Nah..they'll go with someone that Hobson can write up as always going to church every Sunday..  That always fixes everything..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
According to Bengals.com we are looking to bring in a rookie or another vet and have the first real kicking competition since Nugent joined.
Reply/Quote
I'm fine with it. Give some competition and it's all good. I think Bullock did a decent job here.

Sure. He missed the FG against the Texans, but other than that he was completely fine.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 01:54 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: According to Bengals.com we are looking to bring in a rookie or another vet and have the first real kicking competition since Nugent joined.

Good deal. Now address the oline, fire PA, and draft some speed at LB.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 02:21 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Good deal. Now address the oline, fire PA, and draft some speed at LB.

I'll have what he's having....with a side of a gamebreaker at RB, and bidding Hill adieu.

Reply/Quote
Just wait, if the Bengals don't re-sign Zeitler, they'll spin it to say they didn't have the cap space to afford it. Thanks a lot, Bullock, you used up all the cap space to retain Zeitler! Ninja
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 02:31 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Just wait, if the Bengals don't re-sign Zeitler, they'll spin it to say they didn't have the cap space to afford it. Thanks a lot, Bullock, you used up all the cap space to retain Zeitler!  Ninja

Hobspin already has the article drafted up why we weren't able to keep Zeitler and Kirkpatrick both, because we signed Bullock and only somehow had 3 million in cap space left.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I really hope if Zane Gonzalez is still around with their late 4th round pick that they sign him (but would understand if they went for a different position). If he's still around for their fifth round pick and they don't draft him, it would be a serious mistake.

It's good to have Bullock in the fold, but Gonzalez will be able to beat him out in camp and I would expect him to become a clutch kicker fairly soon.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 12:47 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: They'll still have a competition. I wouldn't say Bullock is a sure thing to be on the team next year.

I agree, I dont think they draft a Kicker, but I think they pick up one or two to compete with Bullock in camp.

Maybe one of those UFA Kickers makes the squad instead and they cut Bullock, I guess we will see.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 03:37 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Hobspin already has the article drafted up why we weren't able to keep Zeitler and Kirkpatrick both, because we signed Bullock and only somehow had 3 million in cap space left.

Don't forget that article will also include that the Bengals offered almost the same money, but they player decided to leave anyway.

Anyone know if Bullock's deal included any guaranteed money?  Cause if it does, he's the guy next year...
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 02:31 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Just wait, if the Bengals don't re-sign Zeitler, they'll spin it to say they didn't have the cap space to afford it. Thanks a lot, Bullock, you used up all the cap space to retain Zeitler!  Ninja

Bullock used up the 5m we saved for injury last year (unless I'm missing a free agent we had to sign), so you may be on to something.

Funny how they set aside 5m for injury but never really sign anyone mid season to cost that much. Keep that in mind when we get our annual Hobspin cap space article.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Didn't really get a feel for the guy but I will say it's a total Bengal move.

Reply/Quote