Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kid Rock Show
Took my wife to the Kid Rock Show for her birthday, last night in Raleigh. I gotta say that after 20 years of being a big name artist, he hasn't lost one bit of energy and showmanship. It was satisfying for me, as I hadn't seen him live since '98, when he first emerged as a headliner. My wife had never been to a Kid Rock show. so it was fun to share that moment with her.

Anyone who hasn't seen Kid Rock in a while, or perhaps never seen him? I highly recommend attending a show near you.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I would like this. I think my wife would as well. I would tell you a story of when I got wasted at V.A. Beach at a karaoke bar and got on stage and tried to sing one of his songs (can't remember, pretty wasted). Well, to the furthest stretch of your imagination of how horrible the outcome could have been? It was worse than that. I think I was banned from the entire state.

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 01:18 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I would like this. I think my wife would as well. I would tell you a story of when I got wasted at V.A. Beach at a karaoke bar and got on stage and tried to sing one of his songs (can't remember, pretty wasted). Well, to the furthest stretch of your imagination of how horrible the outcome could have been? It was worse than that. I think I was banned from the entire state.

Horseshit!

You are welcome in my state on this, or any other day good sir!

Just refrain from all non-cookie related karaoke, please...
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 01:34 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Horseshit!

You are welcome in my state on this, or any other day good sir!

Just refrain from all non-cookie related karaoke, please...

LOL 

It was kinda one of those, "Hold my beer" moments. But, I was at a military reunion with all the guys I served with in Germany. We all went to A.I.T. at Ft Eustis, and a couple of us went there on a whim (WAF). LOL, so I think, I just knew I was going to get in trouble. Even though we had already been out 20yrs, I was known as the wild one back in our days. Believe me, I knew better, but that guy from 20yrs ago took over. Hey, on the bright side, we took a cab there. LOL. Only intelligent decision of the evening. 

But back on track with Kid Rock, he started it all!

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 01:44 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: LOL 

It was kinda one of those, "Hold my beer" moments. But, I was at a military reunion with all the guys I served with in Germany. We all went to A.I.T. at Ft Eustis, and a couple of us went there on a whim (WAF). LOL, so I think, I just knew I was going to get in trouble. Even though we had already been out 20yrs, I was known as the wild one back in our days. Believe me, I knew better, but that guy from 20yrs ago took over. Hey, on the bright side, we took a cab there. LOL. Only intelligent decision of the evening. 

But back on track with Kid Rock, he started it all!

So now I'm curious.  Do you remember the name of the place?  Wondering if I might have ever gone there...
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 02:51 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: So now I'm curious.  Do you remember the name of the place?  Wondering if I might have ever gone there...

Pretty sure it was Wanna B's.

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 12:45 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Took my wife to the Kid Rock Show for her birthday, last night in Raleigh.  I gotta say that after 20 years of being a big name artist, he hasn't lost one bit of energy and showmanship.  It was satisfying for me, as I hadn't seen him live since '98, when he first emerged as a headliner.  My wife had never been to a Kid Rock show. so it was fun to share that moment with her.

Anyone who hasn't seen Kid Rock in a while, or perhaps never seen him?  I highly recommend attending a show near you.

I've always liked Kid Rock like you say he always has that energy. I've never seen him gonna have to go. I think I'll take my girlfriend rather than my wife though.
Reply/Quote
I saw Kid Rock at the Kentucky Speedway years ago. It was Metallica, Korn, Kid Rock, System of a Down and Powerman 5000. Kid Rock was really good. It was when Joe C was still alive. Kid Rock not only did vocals, but played guitar, drums and keyboards at various times during his set. He is a pretty talented dude.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 06:47 PM)Beaker Wrote: I saw Kid Rock at the Kentucky Speedway years ago. It was Metallica, Korn, Kid Rock, System of a Down and Powerman 5000. Kid Rock was really good. It was when Joe C was still alive. Kid Rock not only did vocals, but played guitar, drums and keyboards at various times during his set. He is a pretty talented dude.

He still does all of that, my wife had no clue that he was that talented.  Like I said, was a very entertaining show, and glad that I got to share the experience with her.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Not to hijack your thread, but my wife and I went to see Smashing Pumpkins in Columbus in August. I love to see concerts and figured I would know a bunch of their popular songs, then enjoy the rest of the show. I was surprised at just how much I really liked that concert. Billy Corgan was terrific. They played a 3 hr and 15 minute set. I would recommend going to see them if you have the chance. I liked it way more than I expected.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 07:00 PM)Beaker Wrote: Not to hijack your thread, but my wife and I went to see Smashing Pumpkins in Columbus in August. I love to see concerts and figured I would know a bunch of their popular songs, then enjoy the rest of the show. I was surprised at just how much I really liked that concert. Billy Corgan was terrific. They played a 3 hr and 15 minute set. I would recommend going to see them if you have the chance. I liked it way more than I expected.

Interesting.  I was never big into Smashing Pumkins, but I enjoyed their popular stuff in the '90s.  The next "retro" show that I think we are going to is Metallica.  Probably going to wait and see them here in Raleigh, on Jan 28.  Although they're playing in Charlotte on Oct. 22, the night before the Bengals play the Panthers.  

And, that is ironic, as I AM intending on going to watch the Bengals/Panthers game.  Just don't know if I can afford the double event weekend, as I have other stuff going on around that same time.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
We have saw Kid Rock a couple of times. Always puts on a good show.
Reply/Quote
Can not go wrong with a Kid Rock show.

Although the days are gone when he played for less money to keep ticket and beer prices down.

Many of my friends are heading to the Kid Rock Annual Fish Fry concert in Tennessee coming up.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 09:37 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Can not go wrong with a Kid Rock show.

Although the days are gone when he played for less money to keep ticket and beer prices down.

Many of my friends are heading to the Kid Rock Annual Fish Fry concert in Tennessee coming up.

Yep, big beers were 13.25

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 07:00 PM)Beaker Wrote: Not to hijack your thread, but my wife and I went to see Smashing Pumpkins in Columbus in August. I love to see concerts and figured I would know a bunch of their popular songs, then enjoy the rest of the show. I was surprised at just how much I really liked that concert. Billy Corgan was terrific. They played a 3 hr and 15 minute set. I would recommend going to see them if you have the chance. I liked it way more than I expected.

Not to hijack your hijack, but we saw Smashing Pumpkins in Nashville a couple months ago. I was really, really surprised. M wife gave our son tickets (he's into 90s rock) for Christmas and I wasn't really looking forward to it. I knew there were a few songs of theirs I still liked, but I had grown out of appreciating their music a long time ago. But they did great, put on a solid (albeit a little weird) show and I really enjoyed it. Metric opened for them, too, and I'd forgotten I like a few of their songs. Emily Haines is pretty hot, too. Or used to be.

Anyway, on topic, we saw Kid Rock in Evansville probably a decade or so ago. It was a good show. Lots of energy, even if you aren't a big fan of his music.
Reply/Quote