Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Kings of the North
(01-08-2023, 09:40 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I knew we could play with anybody in the league, but to go 8-0 is amazing!

…and don’t forget on Monday Night the Bengals were rolling the Bills hard before the unfortunate cardiac episode.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
what was that thing higgins did at the end.. that dont look right.

glad to see the young men happy though. they had a real good season
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 12:26 AM)Leon Wrote: what was that thing higgins did at the end.. that dont look right.

glad to see the young men happy though. they had a real good season

Definitely. Glad they celebrated the division too. I know the situation sort of 'handed' the clinch to us, but we put in a very impressive season to be in that spot. Wasn't usual circumstances, but the team deserves to enjoy it.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 12:26 AM)Leon Wrote: what was that thing higgins did at the end.. that dont look right.

Are you really that out of touch Leon? He’s dancing and posing. Just goofing off.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 07:08 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yeah, today's game was a little sloppy...but back to back division crowns, and 8 game winning streak and home next week, Who Dey!

This coaching staff has earned the benefit of the doubt from me.  They got up early, and the playbook was probably vanilla as hell.  I am sure we will see a different offense next week.  I did kind of wish they would have given Williams and Evans more play as the RBs with an extra OT and just smash them.  Even if it didn't work early in the 2nd half, by the end of the game the Ravens would have been calling No Mas.

Kappa's injury sucks (not knowing the extent of it) because there is no depth behind him.  That middle three was the big difference this year.  Hope Sharping/Carman can step up.
Reply/Quote
https://www.bengals.com/news/joe-burrow-bengals-celebrate-another-afc-north-title
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 08:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This is getting lost in all the negativity right now. It’s incredibly hard to go on a winning streak in the NFL, let alone for half a season.

Haven’t done it since 2015.

And with a tough schedule to boot.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 08:17 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This coaching staff has earned the benefit of the doubt from me.  They got up early, and the playbook was probably vanilla as hell.  I am sure we will see a different offense next week.  I did kind of wish they would have given Williams and Evans more play as the RBs with an extra OT and just smash them.  Even if it didn't work early in the 2nd half, by the end of the game the Ravens would have been calling No Mas.

Kappa's injury sucks (not knowing the extent of it) because there is no depth behind him.  That middle three was the big difference this year.  Hope Sharping/Carman can step up.

Bates was talking about a cool video the night before that Zac showed them. From the movie The Gladiator with their faces imposed. Said it was about finishing
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 07:27 PM)Bengalion Wrote: I always preferred the Lannisters. Not of fan of the Starks. Anyway two division titles in a row, congrats to Zac and cia.

Only Lannister I truly liked was Tyrion.   Made the rest of us short folk proud.   Dude had a sense of justice and lived by his wits.

Loved the Starks!  Especially Arya.   Girl was ice and developed amazing skills.   In fact all the Stark children were awesome.

One of the best story lines in literature/ series.   Shame about all the unnecessary sex scenes.   All could have been accomplished without any of the explicitness.
Reply/Quote
From the Athletic

Whether coach Zac Taylor expected that from the Ravens or it was purely coincidence, he had his team ready for a fight. During Saturday night’s team meeting, he showed the team a video of the fight scenes from the movie “Gladiator.”

But with a twist.

Team video coordinator Brooks Santanello and intern Tanner McDole superimposed the faces of Bengals players on the actors who were doing the ass-kicking in the scenes. First it would be Jessie Bates delivering the blows, then the face would shift to Vonn Bell or Ja’Marr Chase or any number of other Bengals.

“It was a pretty cool video, talking about finishing the season off the right way,” Bates said.

“It was great,” defensive end Sam Hubbard added. “I actually had watched the extended cut of ‘Gladiator’ during the day Saturday before I came in. That’s my favorite movie. I was a little extra fired up.”

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 11:44 AM)Wyche Wrote: And with a tough schedule to boot.

Truly!

We made it through an absolute gauntlet!
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 12:13 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: From the Athletic

Whether coach Zac Taylor expected that from the Ravens or it was purely coincidence, he had his team ready for a fight. During Saturday night’s team meeting, he showed the team a video of the fight scenes from the movie “Gladiator.”

But with a twist.

Team video coordinator Brooks Santanello and intern Tanner McDole superimposed the faces of Bengals players on the actors who were doing the ass-kicking in the scenes. First it would be Jessie Bates delivering the blows, then the face would shift to Vonn Bell or Ja’Marr Chase or any number of other Bengals.

“It was a pretty cool video, talking about finishing the season off the right way,” Bates said.

“It was great,” defensive end Sam Hubbard added. “I actually had watched the extended cut of ‘Gladiator’ during the day Saturday before I came in. That’s my favorite movie. I was a little extra fired up.”

Great show. "ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!?"
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 12:10 PM)3wt Wrote: Only Lannister I truly liked was Tyrion.   Made the rest of us short folk proud.   Dude had a sense of justice and lived by his wits.

Loved the Starks!  Especially Arya.   Girl was ice and developed amazing skills.   In fact all the Stark children were awesome.

One of the best story lines in literature/ series.   Shame about all the unnecessary sex scenes.   All could have been accomplished without any of the explicitness.

Well, one couldn't zig zag...
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 08:50 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Well, one couldn't zig zag...

My favorite character was Bran (the swordsman, not the weird guy that go tossed out the window)
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 09:57 AM)Sled21 Wrote: My favorite character was Bran (the swordsman, not the weird guy that go tossed out the window)

*Bronn

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 11:46 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: *Bronn

Right. He made out like a bandit.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 09:30 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: I thought we were already kings of the north minus the coin flip before the game

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We were, the OP is late  Mellow 

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-It-s-official-AFC-North-Champions?pid=1306728#pid1306728
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Maybe the hardest thing for a long time Bengals fan to get used to is being a fan of a winning franchise.
It is truly a great time to be a Bengals fan!
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 09:57 AM)Sled21 Wrote: My favorite character was Bran (the swordsman, not the weird guy that go tossed out the window)

Sooooo many amazing characters on that series.  I have not read the books, but was debating.  Obviously, I loved Tyrian, Arya, John, Rob, but I also loved the anti=heroes like Jamie, Bram, Sir Jora, and "my guy" Sir Devos.  Has to be the best series, movie, show, etc. that I have ever seen.
Reply/Quote