Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kiper’s mock
He has the Bengals taking Clemson DT Bresee at 28. Some of the other guys he still has available at 28 - DT Kancey, OT Harrison and TE Washington.

If it went down like this would you be happy with the pick?

Most mocks have Bresee going before 28 don’t they? I wouldn’t mind this pick.
Reply/Quote
With DJ Reader and BJ Hill both under contract for the next two seasons, I'd find that to be a weird 1st round selection for the Bengals. With Bresee's injury history and pedestrian production numbers, you're really only drafting potential based on traits.

I'd probably have to throw back a double shot and head to bed at that point..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2023, 01:14 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: With DJ Reader and BJ Hill both under contract for the next two seasons, I'd find that to be a weird 1st round selection for the Bengals.  With Bresee's injury history and pedestrian production numbers, you're really only drafting potential based on traits.

Agree! In fact the ones that he named as "the other possibilities" are much more appealing to me.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2023, 01:14 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: With DJ Reader and BJ Hill both under contract for the next two seasons, I'd find that to be a weird 1st round selection for the Bengals.  With Bresee's injury history and pedestrian production numbers, you're really only drafting potential based on traits.

DJ Reader and Josh Tupou are entering the final year under contract.
Bengals could be potentially in need of a 1T after this season.
Personally, I don't see them shelling out big money for Reader once Burrow (and Higgins) gets extended.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-11-2023, 01:49 PM)ochocincos Wrote: DJ Reader and Josh Tupou are entering the final year under contract.
Personally, I don't see them shelling out big money for Reader once Burrow (and Higgins) gets extended.

I am not sure if Bresee should be the pick but they will have to keep picking replacements a year or so before they really need them. Look at last years draft as a blueprint of what they will be doing a lot of once they extend these high priced guys.

As much as I love Readers impact on the D line, I can’t see them spending the $ to re-sign him.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2023, 12:49 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: He has the Bengals taking Clemson DT Bresee at 28. Some of the other guys he still has available at 28 - DT Kancey, OT Harrison and TE Washington.

Most mocks have Bresee going before 28 don’t they?  I wouldn’t mind this pick.

Would be for Bresee, same as Mazi Smith who I have us taking in my 2nd mock. Final year of both DJ and Topou's contracts as Ocho said.
Reply/Quote
There is a good chance Bryan Bresee will be a better Pro than college football player because how college football is, his injury history, and lack of developmental reps. Very Highly recruited player and he was so very good as a freshman in that Brent Venables defense.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-11-2023, 02:50 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I am not sure if Bresee should be the pick but they will have to keep picking replacements a year or so before they really need them. Look at last years draft as a blueprint of what they will be doing a lot of once they extend these high priced guys.

As much as I love Readers impact on the D line, I can’t see them spending the $ to re-sign him.

I'm eyeing a guy like Keeanu Benton (Wisconsin) or Zacch Pickens (South Carolina) in Rd 3 for potential Reader heir, personally.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-11-2023, 01:49 PM)ochocincos Wrote: DJ Reader and Josh Tupou are entering the final year under contract.

Man, you're right.  I must have misread it when I looked.  Good catch.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2023, 12:49 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: He has the Bengals taking Clemson DT Bresee at 28. Some of the other guys he still has available at 28 - DT Kancey, OT Harrison and TE Washington.

Bresee has great physical traits but the production never matched. Though he did suffer some personal tragedies in college. 

I'd take Kancey or Washington before him easily. 

I HATE the Rd 2 pick from Kiper, that is awful. 
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2023, 06:59 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Bresee has great physical traits but the production never matched. Though he did suffer some personal tragedies in college. 

I'd take Kancey or Washington before him easily. 

I HATE the Rd 2 pick from Kiper, that is awful. 

Who is it he has us taking in Round 2?
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2023, 07:27 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Who is it he has us taking in Round 2?

Zach charbonnet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote

Much rather have Mazi if he is there.
Reply/Quote
Long injury history. Seems rich for him in the first round. 
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2023, 07:55 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Zach charbonnet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like Charbonnet a lot myself. He can do it all, don't know why Ike would hate that at RB...
Reply/Quote
The kidney infection scares me. But it could be nothing.
So many good DL in this daft. I guess we could be looking at life after Reader and/or Hendrickson.
Reply/Quote

Bengals literally have never taken a defensive lineman in Round 1 since 2003.  Not one.  That won't change this year. 
Reply/Quote
Eh, I'd prefer...a lot of players before Bresee. With that said, Kancey has just as many questions as Bresee, soooo....I'd just try and trade down in this situation.
Reply/Quote
There are a few I'd like better (Mayer, Banks, Forbes, Wright) but I'd be good with Breese. I forget where I read this, but he had some good reasons why his productivity dropped his senior year (sister passed away during season, he had some illness the caused him to get out of shape). I think the love affair with Kancey has gotten a bit ridiculous. Breese's floor is way higher.
Reply/Quote
If he's there, tough decision.
I'd just have to refer to the Bengals and let Lou and co Decide.

Many options this year, i honestly wouldn't mind if they traded back to the top 5 in the second and picked up an extra 3rd in the process.
Reply/Quote