Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kipers top 10 rbs in 2017 draft
https://www.google.com/amp/www.cincyjungle.com/platform/amp/2017/1/23/14357868/nfl-draft-2017-mel-kipers-top-10-running-back-prospects

Outside of cook whose your favorite? Mines obviously mixon due to the value.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 06:27 AM)Jpoore Wrote: https://www.google.com/amp/www.cincyjungle.com/platform/amp/2017/1/23/14357868/nfl-draft-2017-mel-kipers-top-10-running-back-prospects

Outside of cook whose your favorite? Mines obviously mixon due to the value.

I am on the D'Onta Foreman train. The guy's NFL comparison when I watch him is Steven Jackson. Large, powerful, Angry runner. He is projected to run in the mid 4.4's and will give us a back who can run straight ahead and get us the tough yards. If we are planning for life after Hill this is the guy in this draft I want. He is basically a poor mans Leonord Fournette.....but with better production and less wear and tear.

A quick write up on him..

Foreman, a unanimous first-team selection, was the nation's leading rusher and totaled 2,028 yards on the ground despite playing in just 11 games. He averaged 184.4 yards per game in 2016, the 10th-most in NCAA history. He recorded 15 touchdowns. He became just the ninth Power 5 Conference player in NCAA history to record 2,000 yards in a season without the help of a bowl game. He had at least 124 yards in all 11 games and eclipsed the 250-yard mark in three games.

He will be there in the 2nd, and possibly the late 2nd for a trade up if we want him.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 09:55 AM)Au165 Wrote: I am on the D'Onta Foreman train. The guy's NFL comparison when I watch him is Steven Jackson. Large, powerful, Angry runner. He is projected to run in the mid 4.4's and will give us a back who can run straight ahead and get us the tough yards. If we are planning for life after Hill this is the guy in this draft I want. He is basically a poor mans Leonord Fournette.....but with better production and less wear and tear.

Foreman, a unanimous first-team selection, was the nation's leading rusher and totaled 2,028 yards on the ground despite playing in just 11 games. He averaged 184.4 yards per game in 2016, the 10th-most in NCAA history. He recorded 15 touchdowns. He became just the ninth Power 5 Conference player in NCAA history to record 2,000 yards in a season without the help of a bowl game. He had at least 124 yards in all 11 games and eclipsed the 250-yard mark in three games.

He will be there in the 2nd, and possibly the late 2nd for a trade up if we want him.

I like Foreman and Alvin Kamara. 
Reply/Quote
I like that Samaje Perine.  Big explosive back from Oklahoma.

and I love the James Connor story.  How can you not?  But I'm not entirely sold on him as an NFL back.  
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 09:55 AM)Au165 Wrote: I am on the D'Onta Foreman train. The guy's NFL comparison when I watch him is Steven Jackson. Large, powerful, Angry runner. He is projected to run in the mid 4.4's and will give us a back who can run straight ahead and get us the tough yards. If we are planning for life after Hill this is the guy in this draft I want. He is basically a poor mans Leonord Fournette.....but with better production and less wear and tear.

I like mixon more but I think mixon is the best Rb in the draft. That said I love foremans running ability but I have some questions bc he was not utilized at all in the passing game and that concerns me. That's why we need to replace hill bc we telegraph our plays when hill is on the field on first down. As a rb he has insane production and I like him better than fournette but the lack of passing game concerns me.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 10:42 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I like that Samaje Perine.  Big explosive back from Oklahoma.

and I love the James Connor story.  How can you not?  But I'm not entirely sold on him as an NFL back.  

I'd take Perine in the 4th as a possible replacement for Hill. 
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 10:46 AM)Jpoore Wrote: I like  mixon more but I think mixon is the best Rb in the draft. That said I love foremans running ability but I have some questions bc he was not utilized at all in the passing game and that concerns me. That's why we need to replace hill bc we telegraph our plays when hill is on the field on first down. As a rb he has insane production and I like him better than fournette  but the lack of passing game concerns me.

You keep saying this...it's not true. You don't telegraph anything by having a back on the field who isn't a dynamic pass catcher. Play action usually results with the HB staying in to block, maybe a check and release, either way you don't need a dynamic pass catcher to do it. On 3rd and long everyone in the stadium knows it's a pass so it doesn't matter who is out there. Legarett Blount isn't much of a pass catcher but it doesn't hurt the patriots.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 10:46 AM)Jpoore Wrote: I think mixon is the best Rb in the draft. 

[Image: INCONCEIVABLE.jpg]

That's funny than when you wrote, "I made those numbers up."
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 11:53 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: [Image: INCONCEIVABLE.jpg]

How is he not?
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 12:40 PM)Jpoore Wrote: How is he not?

I think jim is just hitting on the fact that when you find a player you like, you're "all in" on that player and mention said player in every thread related to that player's position.
We get it, you like Mixon a lot, but perhaps ease up a bit on talking up the players you like.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 12:40 PM)Jpoore Wrote: How is he not?

Okay, I'll play your game. Mixon isn't the best RB in this class. Dalvin Cook is the best RB in this class. How is he not?  I can do this all day. 
Reply/Quote
I like for a sneak attack Roc Thomas from Jacksonville State, former 5 star (State of Alabama) recruit for Auburn.
No idea why he left, but he was the 12th player to leave Auburn's program that still had eligibility left.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 02:09 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I think jim is just hitting on the fact that when you find a player you like, you're "all in" on that player and mention said player in every thread related to that player's position.
We get it, you like Mixon a lot, but perhaps ease up a bit on talking up the players you like.
yeah bad habit of that gotcha.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 11:53 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: [Image: INCONCEIVABLE.jpg]

In terms of pure talent, Mixon is definitely in the top 3.

You could make an argument that he's as good as Fournette.

It's him punching that woman that hurts his stock.
Reply/Quote
Cook, Foreman and De'Veon Smith.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 06:52 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I like for a sneak attack Roc Thomas from Jacksonville State, former 5 star (State of Alabama) recruit for Auburn.
No idea why he left, but he was the 12th player to leave Auburn's program that still had eligibility left.

When I first read this, I accidentally read "Rob" Thomas, and then immediately went to...

[Image: Smooth.jpg]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

I like him too, my next choice is Jeremy McNichols
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 10:42 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I like that Samaje Perine.  Big explosive back from Oklahoma.

I like Conner for OUR offense.  He is a battering ram with vision.  We don't need a guy that can "score on every play", we need a guy that can move the chains.  As a bonus, he is a natural ball-catcher out of the backfield.  He could really wear a defense down.

I think he would be worthy of a fourth round pick?

I will say this much....If I were Dallas, I would love to bring in this guy after defenses try to stop Zeke for a few series.  
Reply/Quote