Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kris Richard
Add another name to the Head coaching Candidates list. He calls the defensive plays for the Cowboys and What they just did to New Orleans was more than impressive. He coaches fearlessly which I love. To me if you're looking for a young energetic coach that can turn this Defense around then he might be your guy.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
At this point I really wouldn't be surprised if they dipped into the college ranks, roll the dice and hope to strike oil (but strike a sewage line)
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
NO. If he aint an offensive minded coach then its a pass.
Reply/Quote
Defensive minded is fine so long as they hire a good OC who sticks around for a while.  Maybe they should just keep sniping Ravens DCs until they hit on one...
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2018, 02:10 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Add another name to the Head coaching Candidates list. He calls the defensive plays  for the Cowboys and What they just did to New Orleans was more than impressive. He  coaches fearlessly which I love. To me if you're looking for a young energetic coach that can turn this Defense around then he might be your guy.

If we had their young athletic linebackers we'd have a chance to win a lot of games. That is really what stands out about the Dallas defense more than anything, they have guys that can run and cover. People thought the Cowboys over drafted Vander Esch but he looks like DROY to at this point in the season. 
Reply/Quote
Yeah...people always want coordinators from the teams that play well which makes sense...but they do have fast LB's that can cover. With our slow, LB's who knows what would happen.

Plus, the HC doesn't call the plays. The defensive coordinator does. So you need guys with good leadership abilities in the HC position as it's a different skillset.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2018, 10:31 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah...people always want coordinators from the teams that play well which makes sense...but they do have fast LB's that can cover. With our slow, LB's who knows what would happen.

Plus, the HC doesn't call the plays. The defensive coordinator does. So you need guys with good leadership abilities in the HC position as it's a different skillset.

1.) Obviously would fix the LB core would be priority number 1.
2.) Zimmer calls plays for Minnesota defense
J24

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2018, 09:50 AM)Au165 Wrote: If we had their young athletic linebackers we'd have a chance to win a lot of games. That is really what stands out about the Dallas defense more than anything, they have guys that can run and cover. People thought the Cowboys over drafted Vander Esch but he looks like DROY to at this point in the season. 

Agreed 
J24

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2018, 09:50 AM)Au165 Wrote: If we had their young athletic linebackers we'd have a chance to win a lot of games. That is really what stands out about the Dallas defense more than anything, they have guys that can run and cover. People thought the Cowboys over drafted Vander Esch but he looks like DROY to at this point in the season. 

Not to mention Jaylon Smith has recovered well from his injury in the ND bowl game. Yea, he missed out on the entire 2016 season but he has really been playing well ever since. Bengals missed an opportunity to snag him.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2018, 02:10 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Add another name to the Head coaching Candidates list. He calls the defensive plays  for the Cowboys and What they just did to New Orleans was more than impressive. He  coaches fearlessly which I love. To me if you're looking for a young energetic coach that can turn this Defense around then he might be your guy.

Isn't Rod Maranelli the DC in Dallas?
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2018, 01:00 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Isn't Rod Maranelli the DC in Dallas?

Kris is the DB coach who also was the db coach behind the legion of boom in Seattle.  I think this guy may be a great young prospect

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2018, 01:00 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Isn't Rod Maranelli the DC in Dallas?

Yes but in name only Kris is the the guy who calls the plays. Kind of a weird set up but it works.
J24

Reply/Quote

I think to keep up in this league we need a more offensive minded coach if we get a new head coach...   and that guy hires a d coordinator and let that guy handle the Defense.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2018, 01:31 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I think to keep up in this league we need a more offensive minded coach if we get a new head coach...   and that guy hires a d coordinator and let that guy handle the Defense.

you don't need an offensive minded coach to win in this league;  you need a good offensive coordinator.  

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2018, 01:43 PM)Okeana Wrote: you don't need an offensive minded coach to win in this league;  you need a good offensive coordinator.  

I have two reasons why i think they should go after a more offensive minded coach as the new head coach.

1. The NFL is leaning more toward the offense. (Which you could argue they need a good defensive coach because of that.)

2. If you have a good offensive coordinator he will likely become a head coach somewhere else in a few short years and you lose your guy.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2018, 01:49 PM)Synric Wrote: I have two reasons why i think they should go after a more offensive minded coach as the new head coach.

1. The NFL is leaning more toward the offense. (Which you could argue they need a good defensive coach because of that.)

2. If you have a good offensive coordinator he will likely become a head coach somewhere else in a few short years and you lose your guy.

What about a guy like Urban Meyer?  

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2018, 01:49 PM)Synric Wrote: I have two reasons why i think they should go after a more offensive minded coach as the new head coach.

Now, more than ever, it takes a complete team to win a championship.  No matter how good your offense is, sooner or later, you're going to have to stop someone else from scoring.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2018, 02:02 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Now, more than ever, it takes a complete team to win a championship.  No matter how good your offense is, sooner or later, you're going to have to stop someone else from scoring.

it's a knee-jerk reaction to this year.  

Reply/Quote

Yep, hate the Cowboys but Richard really knows how to get his guys fired up on the sidelines.

Just the type of coach we need here to flush out the maligned, stale disease that has settled into this place.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2018, 02:05 PM)Okeana Wrote: it's a knee-jerk reaction to this year.  

Yeah, I get that.  KC, New Orleans, and the Rams have been putting on marvelous displays of offense, all season long.  But, just last night, the N.O. offense got stymied by a solid defensive performance.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote