Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kurt Coleman on Bengals radar
Kurt Coleman and the Bengals talked at the combine. Could be something or nothing. Imagine he grew up a Bengals fan as he grew up near Cincinnati.
Reply/Quote
Would we use Iloka or Williams in a trade to get an Olineman or trade up in the draft? Colemans more of a true FS and ballhawk. But he is 30. Short shelf-life. Do we need more? Maybe not. I don't know much about the guy. If he can upgrade our secondary, I'd see it as a good move.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Why wouldn't we be interested in bringing back Reggie Nelson? He is a FS ball hawk we know can play the position better than either Iloka or Williams.

I guess our GM can't admit the mistake he made in letting Reggie go cheap.

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2018, 03:20 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Why wouldn't we be interested in bringing back Reggie Nelson? He is a FS ball hawk we know can play the position better than either Iloka or Williams.

Would love to have Nelson back.

Reply/Quote
Yeah lets bring back a 50 year old Nelson...
Reply/Quote
I’d bring back Reggie every year until Rapey retires tbh
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2018, 03:20 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Why wouldn't we be interested in bringing back Reggie Nelson? He is a FS ball hawk we know can play the position better than either Iloka or Williams.

Beyond false.

In 2015? Absolutely.

In 2018? Incredibly false.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Hes 35ish I think and they had Williams and iloka on big contracts... which is why he was let go
Reply/Quote
I'm cool with this, not elated just cool. Coleman is the balanced safety type that has some seasoning and won't get lost. Sure I'd love to see a BPA be a safety somewhere in the draft, but with all the needs on the OL, LB and next gen DL it would be nice to have a position get deeper.
Reply/Quote
Some people may be looking solely at 2017 season where he didn't have any INTs or FFs, but in 2015 he had 7 INTs and in 2016 he had 1 FF and 4 INTs.

I think he'd be a solid addition, especially for depth. I'd trust him over Wilson or Fej.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2018, 02:43 AM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: Kurt Coleman and the Bengals talked at the combine.   Could be something or nothing.   Imagine he grew up a Bengals fan as he grew up near Cincinnati.

He also had a physical at PBS....
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2018, 10:55 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Hes 35ish I think and they had Williams and iloka on big contracts... which is why he was let go

Because Marvin never plays the young guys over the vets....... Sarcasm

Reggie was my favorite Bengal. I'd love to have him back....
Reply/Quote
Need a ballhawk Safety here after we put Derron Smith on the PS and he got picked off of it.
Reply/Quote
I think the Reggie Nelson ship has sailed. Sure I wanted him back after 2015 but that was two years ago. He's only older and on a true decline.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
The interest in Coleman is real however the need at backer and oline is more real. What’s the plan for iloka cuz I like Williams iloka is a 6”4 vagina.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2018, 03:43 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Because Marvin never plays the young guys over the vets....... Sarcasm

Reggie was my favorite Bengal. I'd love to have him back....

Yeah he was a good one I remember everyone calling him a bum when we traded for him way back when

I think we traded 1 david jones or something like that
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2018, 06:23 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: The interest in Coleman is real however the need at backer and oline is more real.  What’s the plan for iloka cuz I like Williams iloka  is a 6”4 vagina.

Could Iloka Become the Moster Backer?     (Tayler mays role a few years back) 
Reply/Quote
Free agent safety Kurt Coleman, recently cut by the Panthers, met with the Bengals tonight in Indianapolis. There's mutual interest for a deal to get done. https://t.co/idMNofBWgK

This from Katherine Terrell of ESPN
Reply/Quote
Yay a 30 year old back up rank 76th by pff last year.
Reply/Quote
Hold the phone. We should wait to see who else shakes free.... Why rush? If it's not an OT, OC, LB, DT are we really that desperate? We have 2 starting highly paid safety's, and the draft. If we are that bad off at the position, a serious mistake was made with the extensions of Iloka and/or Williams. I say wait. Other younger options will be available soon.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Tyrann-Mathieu

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote